What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush from Humboldt Seeds - Yes-No-Indifferent or maybe Heck Yeah ?!

ghs trainwreck is bogus.ive tried it a bunch and it is nothing like my arcata cut.my arcata cut smells like sage sandelwood, chickensoup ,skunk.ghs trainwreck smells and taste like badbreath chemdog.i like there white widow though ive got that growin.ive tried og fems from dna.they were good smoke but the lowest yielding ogs ive ever grew.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Look at this dude's work in his sigs. He's like on his second grow after his first failed. Nothing but a faker.View Image

My first grow was at eighteen years old, under a. 400w in the closet of my first apartment, I'm 23 now (bday was in November) that's five years by my count. In that time, Ive grown white widow, pre98 bubba, sensi star, nevilles haze, chocolate chunk, ice, purple passion, headband, deathstar, twisted fruit, og18, and a few bag seeds here and there.

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

stanky , you need to chill bro, bagging the crap out of everything doesn't say much. loompa is actually a respected breeder. you say your growing his headband cut and its fire, yet disrespecting the guy.

Last edited:

RulaTone

Veteran
smoked a bunch of different hso strains yesterday night..
their OG Kush is medium nice, it resembles OG18 in my view.
But was game weed when compared to RugBurn OG wich i smoked after.
Its just a normal plant and for sure you wont find the next OG in their packs.

Bubba Kush is a joke, nothing like bubba, more a diesel - musky aroma, and nothing in shape resembles bubba. Just a joke.

Their blue dream is another version of blue dream using different clones as parents (so a total strain name steal imo) and is another medium to low weed. Good potential yelds but low potency and nothing particular about smells.

I have seen their SourDIesel and was nice in veg but i didnt saw it later in flower neither smoked it so i cant talk much..

Imho is just another company wich tries to make profit over fancy names floating around taking advantage of not too well educated customers who buys their strains convinced to grow the real deal but end up growing a lower grade copy.
Nothing wrong with selling lower grade genetics but at least dont use the original name wich made the strain famous. For example instead of SourDiesel call that SourDIesel 2, or HSO SD, or whatever you want but dont use the original name to delude people..

Of course they may have something good but personally i'd buy from more dedicated breeders. To me is just a commercial company.

JointOperation

@relic1981- Now you really sparked my curiosity. Can you list some of the x's that your friends are making? I'm a seed junkie from way back, and that post was like putting a bag just out of reach for a heroin junkie!!

same here.. relic.. if you know whats good.. let us know whats up.. I been looking for someone like that.. OLDER FARMERS who been doing it for year.. on the underground.. honestly.. those guys have the best weed usually.

NEGT1

This thread is awesome and shows that very few people actually understand the industry as a whole (certainly I do not). Claim HSO is bunk and then drop Loompa LOL.

Not knocking on either HSO or Loompa. Would prefer they kept operations in the US but it's hard to blame anyone given the seed laws.

BadRabbit

This thread is awesome and shows that very few people actually understand the industry as a whole (certainly I do not). Claim HSO is bunk and then drop Loompa LOL.

Not knocking on either HSO or Loompa. Would prefer they kept operations in the US but it's hard to blame anyone given the seed laws.

Well said .... I'll never engage, or necessarily discount, these rants about genetics and politics, but I will listen to things that tend to confirm my real experience in almost two decades of growing. One of those experiences is that when popping HSO freebies (and that's all of their stuff I've ever grown, never bought a pack) I've found that the "hit rate" of potential keeper plants is very high and easily much higher than I've experienced buying many packs from MNS, Bodhi, BOG, Rare Dank and many others with great reputations. IOW, when listening to this thread, I think Loompa sounded like he knew a lot more truth than the rest.

That's the problem, they are bunk. I've seen their shit grown with my own eyes and what I saw and smoked was really whack. There was nothing authentic at all about the og. If they are indeed working with real cuts, then they're butchering the shit out of them.

soserthc1

Interesting thread ......what's good loompa , no need to explain making a living

Mass produced fem seeds or Rolex boxes the choice is yours in a free market

matt11

Isn't Humboldt Seeds one of those Euro companies that pretends to be from Cali?

If you want OG you're prolly better off ordering from a US breeder like bodhi or archive etc.

actually one (at least) of the guys at Humboldt are from Cali and supposedly brought in all his cuts and s1's and f1's etc..
With that being said, I say no with their og. I grew their chemdawg a few runs back and they were VERY finicky with my nutrients and lockout was the norm, only with the chemdawg. The smoke was on point though, very potent, and had that classic diesel terpene profile.

H

hard rain

HSO OG Kush. This is my third grow of a clone from my original single seed grown under a led. Still enjoying this strain. I don't have access to OG Kush clones so I can't say how close this is or not to the original. Bear in mind that this is supposed to be emerald og x fire og. Harvested about day 70 - 74. It grows just like the description, very floppy, needs staking.

Sorry for shitty pic.

Dr.King

Veteran
Interesting thread ......what's good loompa , no need to explain making a living

Mass produced fem seeds or Rolex boxes the choice is yours in a free market

Loompa, his crew and other breeders are trying to keep the big businesses away so much respect for that :thank you:.

People just need to understand nowadays every company is going to go into fem beans sooner or later. You have top notch fem bean sellers so I don't know what all the hola is about lol. Ace and CBG comes to mind. Never had the pleasure to work with elite clones yet but the best OG I've had was Chemdog from Green House Seeds. Check out my Albums, she is a real knock out for sure. Only have 2 keepers, that and Ace's Zamaldelica. Would be more if OTH/PH/GH and other Sativas didn't take so long :biggrin:. Can't wait to be outside in a year or two.

Respect must be earned, otherwise it's just an illusion.

Holeshot

Was very impressed by Lemon Thai Kush. Great smell, taste and very nice high .! Wasn't a huge yielder indoors , outdoor with good veg would produce good yields.

Top_shelf_farms

Trying to keep big business from running them over by mass producing shitty seeds. Doesn't sound like they have anywhere to go but down as far as quality. Plenty of bad ass breeders that will still be around with small batch original quality.

Latest posts

Latest posts