You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Potassium deficient

Thread Title Search
Potassium deficient Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2018, 08:15 AM #31
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeone View Post
Thanks guys,

I guess for the future I should also think about a ro system. But right now I need to work with mixing the water.
Ph is between 7-7,5 but I always thought the impact on organic (biologic) soil isnít that big. Canít measure the ec up to now.

I guess drdee has the point and itís what I was thinking more or less. Still not sure. Next grow Iím gonna do a comparison grow with one plant I only water from the tab.
Up to now I donít have any further information from our water supplier besides itís hard. But I asked for it. Letís see.

The bottled water I mixed right now has the following minerals:

Hco3: 514
So4: 15
F: 0,22
Ca:72
Na:57
Mg:34

All in mg/l

I mixed it 2 pt. bottled water/ 1 pt. dilutened water. Will that work out? And other question. Should I add nutrients? Do i need to flush first? Sorry for all the questions guys
Any more than 300 ppm bicarbonates (HCO3) will screw up everything. Blocks all of your calcium by making calcium carbonate.

If you had high ppms in your tap water, chances are it was doing the same thing. This means a lack of Ca not an excess.

It also drives the pH up.

You can acidify your water with some P acid and let it sit a bit, that will burn up some of those bicarbonates.

Much better if you can find some clean water. Can't believe they sell water like that. That water could probably cause stones in the body!
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:17 PM #32
DrDee

DrDee has a spectacular aura aboutDrDee has a spectacular aura aboutDrDee has a spectacular aura about
Slownickel,
I know in the US bottled water comes under pretty tight regulation. How it's labeled. Water called "spring" water can be sold direct with no further processing (once approved). But water that has gone through reverse osmosis for purification is called "drinking water" and then there's "distilled water".

If you already have high tap chemicals...you only want to add RO ("drinking water) or distilled. Forget the spring water. Sounds like a small RO unit would really help.
JD

Old 10-23-2018, 09:59 PM #33
aimeone

aimeone is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,
What can I say.
Sadly the problem didnít disappear. I finally got the analyses of our tap water but couldnít find anything extreme besides a higher ppm of hco3. So I decided to flush the soil with a mix of the water from the sink and distilled water 2:1 and phĎed to 6.5. after I gave a smooth nutrient Solution with 20% of the suggested dose of hesi bloom. Also ph lowered to 6.5.
it got worst and worst. And since I watered one of them yesterday again with the same mix it feels like it gets worst directly after the watering. First the leaves look like washed out and then they start to dry. Almost looks like they burned. On the other hand there are lower which have a perfect colour. Think on the next run Iíll do a test with different waters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7F84A9A1-761E-4A7E-BD9E-C163F71C14D7.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	474469 Click image for larger version

Name:	9D5CA1ED-B57F-4E71-9F77-CCE9E31F1B2F.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	474470 Click image for larger version

Name:	3E73502E-D9FA-4E9E-B4BD-2A861983802C.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	474471 Click image for larger version

Name:	C6648799-7F32-4ADD-A099-4974639B9546.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	474472
aimeone is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2018, 10:22 PM #34
DrDee

DrDee has a spectacular aura aboutDrDee has a spectacular aura aboutDrDee has a spectacular aura about
Aimeone,
I aimed my last post about water to Slownickel...got confused over who the OP was.

It's obvious now. Those plants are just burned to shit from too much of everything. Get your water squared away. Seriously...water should be your first consideration. You're nutes need to be tailored to the water...and I'm talking calcium and magnesium. But your water didn't do that...you fed them too much.
JD

Old 10-23-2018, 10:45 PM #35
aimeone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDee View Post
Aimeone,
I aimed my last post about water to Slownickel...got confused over who the OP was.

It's obvious now. Those plants are just burned to shit from too much of everything. Get your water squared away. Seriously...water should be your first consideration. You're nutes need to be tailored to the water...and I'm talking calcium and magnesium. But your water didn't do that...you fed them too much.
JD
Hey dee. Thx for your time man. What would you do on my situation?
aimeone is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2018, 11:44 PM #36
DrDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeone View Post
Hey dee. Thx for your time man. What would you do on my situation?
Man I'm not totally sure. My gut says chop them and move on. I doubt that you'll get any palatable smoke...way harsh. Concentrate or edibles perhaps?

Maybe somebody else may have better ideas. Sometimes a plant will just decide to die...and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that plant dies no matter what you do.
JD

Old 10-24-2018, 12:32 AM #37
aimeone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDee View Post
Man I'm not totally sure. My gut says chop them and move on. I doubt that you'll get any palatable smoke...way harsh. Concentrate or edibles perhaps?

Maybe somebody else may have better ideas. Sometimes a plant will just decide to die...and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that plant dies no matter what you do.
JD
Damn dude. You think? No flushing, no nothing? I mean the common way after overfeeding is tonflush right? Maybe just donít want to see them die. Funny thing is the flowering is not so bad. The question is can I keep them alive for 5 more weeks.

I would have restarted already. The thing is Iím out of the country for 3 weeks in mid December.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3FA7FCAA-6F89-4D9C-8D30-1D9C06E5BBD5.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	474499
aimeone is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2018, 12:36 AM #38
aimeone

And what would you suggest for my water issue for the future? Still not sure which water to use.

Is it not possible To mix a Ąperfectď water with distilled water and just adding all the micros and macros? Is there like something to just mix up?
aimeone is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2018, 12:55 PM #39
Creeperpark

Creeperpark will become famous soon enough
Smile rain water

Just use rain water its basically RO and its free! Fresh rain has only about 7 ppms. Got to add a little Ca-mag! I have a friend that cuts rain with tap water to bring the ppms up to 70 to 120. His regular tap is 500 ppm! Rain will give false ph readings untell you bring the ppms up to at least 100.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2018, 11:12 AM #40
Creeperpark

Creeperpark will become famous soon enough
Smile U can save them

Just give them plain rain water without anything in it for the next five weeks and you will see them perk up! The leaf damage is done! Dont add ca-mag, just rain water! The only time you use cal-mag., is if it is soil-less mix. Rain water has no ph! So don't use any acid! That looks like to me part of your problem anyway! In about 3 weeks they will perk up and give you some pretty good buds. You will have a small harvest but you will at least save something! I've seen this happen many times and the rain water fixed it! I've been using rain for years, indoor and out, and I the only time i use RO over rain is when I can't get any rain due to drought. Try it you will see! Good luck!
Creeperpark is offline Quote