What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica?

A

Afghanicus

Hello fellow growers, i'm new to the site and interested in pure indica landraces particularly from Afghanistan and Hindu Kush region. I grow for medical reasons and pure indicas are what i am after. I'm not a big fan of hybrids. I noticed that sensi seeds has a maple leaf indica which is meant to be an original indica strain. Has anyone grown it? if so how did it turn out? i would love to see some pics if possible. I just ordered some hindu kush from sensi which i will shortly be growing. Has anyone got any info on this strain as well? Does anyone know any other good landrace indicas?

peace

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a nice afghan , i had it in clone form back in 2000 , sry no pix but im sure if you use the search function you will find threads regarding MLI ...

Lui would be another good one for med purpose as well as Deep Chunk :yummy: man i love this herb ...

welcome here & good growing

Fj

A

Afghanicus

ok thanks. I just did a search and found a topic on it but there appears to be quite some variation. Some didn't have quite so wide fingered leaves suggesting it may not be pure breeding? Where do you get deep chunk, is that any relation to chocolate chunk? The wider the fingers on the leaves the better as far as i'm concerned. I want an unadulterated indica.

Z10N

MLI is the shit!

MLI is the shit!

hey Afghanicus! welcome to our site!

Maple leaf indica, from my experience , is one of the most rewarding strains out there..! has it all - yield + taste + potency! also clones very easily.
crystaly dense round buds, retarded amounts of resin (your fingers turn black if you rub the plant too much..), smells very sweet, like floral-sweet candy-pine hash. the growroom always smelled like a candy shop lol.
really potent high, with no ceiling! heavy body medical high,very trippy-giggly-munchi.

here's a pic of one of my old MLI moms, grown indoors untopped:
126243063MapleLeafXBuddasSister.jpg

grown outdoors MLI can produce exceptional amounts of resin, the leaves and buds look almost "meaty" with a thick resin, hard to the touch..:yummy:
126243063test.jpg

126243063mli.jpg

little dry sample nug-

I say go for the Maple!

and yeah look into the deepchunk too! there's a lot of info running around IC, you'll find it easily.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've got three Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indicas almost finished now - this wasn't a 'careful' cross (I was given the seeds), and consequently I have three totally different phenos, both in leaf shape and bud/branch structure. One looks like that one above, and has an amazing citrus/honey/cough syrup kind of a smell - the other two more mild and less distinctive so far.

There's a few photos in my grow thread below, but I'll be harvesting two of them in about ten days, and will post some better pics then.

I haven't grown it myself, but I've seen it grown to great success outdoors. Z1ON has it basically on the head: sweet, herbal/piney taste, stoney as shit, and round bud structure. I've definitely smoked more debilitating strains, though. I would say Deep Chunk is probably your best bet for a pure landrace indica.

A

Afghanicus

those plants look really sweet :) I'll definitely be putting maple leaf on my list. Just curious what seed bank produces Deep Chunk? I might consider trying this and the maple leaf at a later date. I ordered a pack of twilight from dutch passion to grow with my hindu kush from sensi seeds. From what i've read these two aren't overly potent for an indica so i'll see if a low potency indica will do the job otherwise i'll have to go for something more hard hitting.

peace

bongoman

Deep Chunk was a Tom Hill strain from Afghanistan via Northern California where it was worked.

Hill Temple Collective then had it available until OG Bub had legal troubles (thankfully now resolved it seems).

Latest news is that Tom Hill is hooking up zamalito and Breeders Choice with the genetics - so stay tuned.

I tried the MLI, I ordered a year and half ago. I tried the usual 1/3 or so of the packet, seeds cracked, nothing else. Couple months later tried the next 1/3, seeds cracked, thats all. Tries the last 1/3 in feburary, seeds cracked, nothing more. During those attempts I germinitated other strains, and almost all are either growing or have been smoked. The ones that I didn't have success with was a old timey hippy strain that was stored in a barn for more then 10 years. I wanted to try MLI so bad, what a dissappointment :badday: Since the first and only time I tried this strain, I have wanted it so bad. Seriously after a nice bowl toked in my apartment, I left for a hour or so, when I returned it smelled like a morning pancake breakfast, with the syrup heating on the stove. :yummy: What I would do for a cut of the MLI :sasmokin:

sirharrynuggz

jello said:
MLI is on my "to get" list,...if it actually has a maple taste and smell,...does it?

I'm pretty sure the "maple" in MLI is there because the leaf fingers are supposed to be very wide, resembling a maple leaf and not because of the flavor. If I were to buy some Afghani beans I would try the Homegrown Fantaseeds version, I have heard a lot of very good reports on her.

In_Hollywood

Black Domina x Maple Leaf Indica

I just posted some pics of these two Black Domina X Maple Leaf in my harvest thread - indica to the max! Given the polyhybrid nature of this cross, there's no wonder they're all coming out different. One more to go, which will need at least another ten days...:)
Hi there! A friend of mine in Illinois has crossed these two strains, after I told him they were strong strains (MLI gave me 3-4 hrs. buzz)! He may have seeds - to grow out, now of this Indica dom. hybrid! Glad to see someone else has done a cross of BD x MLI, too! Oh, MLI was the female and dusted with BD male pollen! =Judy=

In_Hollywood

I just posted some pics of these two Black Domina X Maple Leaf in my harvest thread - indica to the max! Given the polyhybrid nature of this cross, there's no wonder they're all coming out different. One more to go, which will need at least another ten days...:)
Hi there! A friend of mine in Illinois has crossed these two strains, after I told him they were strong strains (MLI gave me 3-4 hrs. buzz)! He may have seeds - to grow out, now of this Indica dom. hybrid! Glad to see someone else has done a cross of BD x MLI, too! =Judy=

LostTribe

Premium user
MLI beats all of those hands down still going like the original from reviews of sensi's current mli its still legit while many other sensi's have changed.

FireIn.TheSky

Im skeptical, I've never seen anyone post any MLI to write home about. If someone has some pics of a kick ass MLI they should post em up.

This thread is almost 10 years old, it could use some fresh pics.

LostTribe

Premium user
Theres other threads on it who knows why they bumped this one MLI is probably the only original production strain left and Sensi these days.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=124862&page=4

I think post #14 is sufficient but someone on the boards stated they had spoken with sensi's mli grower and stated it remains original.

We grew it around 99 and it was excellent and I am probably grabbing some of these as I go about finishing up my seed collection. A pure Afgahani taken out of Afghanistan before the Soviet invasion near mazer-i-sharif.

Latest posts

Latest posts