What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Cheese 100 Gallon Organic Outdoor Grow

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thanks mr.brunch, same to you man.

Manymanyspliffs
Im excited to see your seedlings hit ground, how many hours of direct sunlight do you get?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good, i'm pulling up a chair and watching this one - have a feeling you are going to have a monster on your hands.... :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Haha, im excited to post update pics tommorow. Its only just started to fill out like i wanted since topping it everywhere last sunday.

ManyManySpliffs

Thanks mr.brunch, same to you man.

Manymanyspliffs
Im excited to see your seedlings hit ground, how many hours of direct sunlight do you get?

They get about 10hrs of direct sunlight. I just put them in the ground this morning. 18 direct to ground and 14 in pots, 4 tiny ones in the ground might not make it but I'd still be good with 28 plants. If only 20 make it come flowering time i'm in good shape. Shooting for 5lbs this season and figure I can pull it off with 20 decent females outdoors. I'll be posting up pics a lil later. Was tired from all that work, didn't even feel like taking the pics right then. I'll have to go back to the spot and do it.

Glad she responded well and things are working out with your plant.. :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
July, 2, 2017
Day 56 outdoors end week 8
Day 102 from germination

Fed 2 cups jobes heirloom tomato
10 gallons water with
10 tablespoon kelp
10 teaspoon mega roots
4 teaspoon molasses

The plant has 4-5 new side branches coming out everywhere i topped it, i have been defoliating a little everyday to allow light in and through.

This plant also has hollow branches and i didnt have good success cloning the tops from hollow branches. The younger side branches had much better success and and were not hollow.

Finally filling out like i wanted!
picture.php

June 25th
I took 23 cuttings and placed them in a cup of water. I took a 45 degree cut at the base of them under water and scraped the stalk near the cut. Dipped them good in Schultz take root powder and great white mychorizae and planted them in vermiculite.

They were placed in a tray inside a clear plastic storage tote on its side with a 23w 6500k cfl overhead in an insulated wood box. I then sprayed them with water about 3-5 times a day for the next 4 days.

june 29th
16 of the 23 cuttings were already standing up reaching for light. I pulled up the 9 sad looking ones, and the first one i pulled up had little roots on all sides already so i put it back lol. The next 8 had got some kind of stalk rot and i threw them out.

July, 2. 2017
Today gave clones first veg feed
2 cups water with
1/2 teaspoon fish
1/2 teaspoon kelp
1/4 teaspoon mega roots

Pic of 16 clones from today
picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
@ManyManySpliffs
10 hours is the same amount of sun im getting they should fill out nicely. 5lbs seems like a pretty reasonable goal thats like 4 oz per from 20 plants.

ManyManySpliffs

@ManyManySpliffs
10 hours is the same amount of sun im getting they should fill out nicely. 5lbs seems like a pretty reasonable goal thats like 4 oz per from 20 plants.

Yea, I did the math and knowing what I got from my last grow in 2014 with less plants and less time to grow. I know I should be able to hit 5lbs with ease. I could end up with way more but thats the minimum I'm looking to harvest come Oct-Nov.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
July, 9, 2017
Day 63 outdoors end week 9
Day 109 from germination

10 gallons water with
10 tablespoon kelp
10 teaspoon mega roots
4 teaspoon molasses

Did a round of pruning away the spindly inner branches with long internode spacing and some defoliation today, started some more clones.

Before pruning and defoliating:

Front side (from few days earlier, july 5th)
picture.php

Back side
picture.php

After pruning and defoliating:

Front side
picture.php

Back side
picture.php

Inside
picture.php

Did the first round of topping the dominant branches on sunday june 25th. Plan on topping it again on sunday july 16th, 3 weeks after.

Then sunday august 6th right before/just as stretch begins i will top again to really capitalize on that explosive growth.

Big thanks to Pipeline for directing me to the Motherlode Gardens 2017 thread during the pruning discussion, and to Shcrews along with everyone who participated.

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thanks everyone, my only regret at this point is not putting it in a bigger pot lol next season maybe...

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
July, 16, 2017
Day 70 outdoors end week 10
Day 116 from germination

10 gallons water with
20 tablespoon alaska fish
10 tablespoon kelp
10 teaspoon mega roots
4 teaspoon molasses

I left the upper 1/3 of the plant and the back side facing the wall alone. Topped most of the other branches on the plant back to dual nodes. About 4-6 inches removed from the plant most of the way around.

Front
picture.php

Back
picture.php

Fan leaf
picture.php

picture.php

Had older 9 bladed fan leaves but ive defoliated most of them by this point.

Surfgimp

Thanks everyone, my only regret at this point is not putting it in a bigger pot lol next season maybe...

Right? OK, I was thinking that from the start. Not dissin you, just, yah gotta go big dirt with low plant numbers. Awesome trunk diameter for your pot size! Go 3+ yds per next year!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
July, 23, 2017
Day 77 outdoors end week 11
Day 123 from germination

Topped yesterday the last time on the upper branches.

Fed after watering:

2 cups jobes heirloom tomato
5 gallons water with
10 tablespoon alaska fish
10 tablespoon kelp
5 tablespoon mega roots
5 teaspoon molasses

Front side
picture.php

Back side
picture.php

I have a sad branch, well see what it does...

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Veteran
Nice plant IBC! Have you considered installing a small drip system to keep that beast watered? That's a big plant in a small pot that is only gonna get bigger and thirstier :D