What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help on cloneing

dextrious

I want to clone one of my female plants. I was told to get some rooting hormone and rockwool. soak the rockwool in water and make a hole big enough for your clone to fit in. First take your cuttting dip it in the root hormone and then into the rockwool. Do I then take it and put it into potting soil?
Any info on this will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dex

Rabbitt-420

Did you get a tray with your pellets ?
If so then put them into that so you can see when they form roots and have established a good root system.
After seeing that place into the soil.
Or you could just plant them but if they dont make it then you have to pull it instead of just tossing the pellet out.

dextrious

I havn't yet bought the materials for this. They just reached a good size to clone. They will be grown outdoors. being june 18th from USA New england area you think its worth the money and effort?

-I used to do that except Id stikem under a humidity dome. -Now I take cuttings and stick them rite into 3" net pots with grow rocks innem. -I fill the pot and put a/f over it with a li'l hole in it for the stem and I dip my cutting into some powder after rubbin it abit with 90 weight paper. -Then I stickem in a bubble buket. --This seems to work much better for me. -This tek gives me a 100% success rate and their rooted within 4 weeks. -Ya might like it better than the rockwool method. ~~^^Peace>m>'

2hi2soon

First thing to do is clean everything first with H202. Propagator, lid etc etc

I soak the cubes in h202 and rhizotonic ( or similar root booster) and adjusted pH water 5.5 overnight.

make sure the rw is not overly wet - moist but not wet (like yer girlfriends gash mate)

Then take yer cuts dip into the rooting hormone and whack em in. Keep them at a reasonably warm temp. Cover on and forget them for 7 days. Once you have some roots forming you can push them a bit by taking the lid off for a few hours to harden them off.

Job done in about 2 weeks ( your mileage may vary)

2h2s

dextrious

from the sound of it doesn't look like i should waste my time cloneing. If i were to go out and get all the supplys today the clones wouldn't be rdy till the end of june which leaves me a little more then 3 months to veg them and flower. I can't do indoor growing where I am staying now. What you guys think? should i just give it a shot?
Thanks for the replys guys much appreciated :)

full time daddy
Veteran
CLONE'S only take me 3-5 day's to root hell yeah start them.....

eazy's way i found is dwc

air pump air stone glass of water rooting gel
bammmmm!

put rooting gel on the clipping let the bubbles do the rest no need for rockwool....

if your go in to soil dont let the roots get to long....... like 1/2 or so...

soak it once let it dry for 3-5 days......bone dry.....

then start to feed after that..

Last edited:

billk6969

dextrious - Let me just say that I felt the same way you did when I started cloning. It seemed that I never was able to get it too work. I felt like it was a waste of time....UNTIL MY FIRST SUCCESS!

Here's the deal, with clones there is no sexing. you will aways have the same sex as the mother. 2. You don't have to wait for the plant to mature to start flowering. Once the plant has sufficient roots, you can put her into your flowering chamber and watch her go. Reason behind this is that the clone is the same maturity as the mother. 3. It is really easy once you get the hang of it. Just get some "CLONEX Rooting solution", Rockwool cubes, a florecent light (80 watts minimum IMHO). Here is a link that will give you some more idea's on what you can do to make it easier.

Everything you ever wanted to know about cloning:
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=359350

Cheapo Aero-Cloner:
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22015&highlight=Cloning

As far as having roots in 3 days...don't count on it. I would say 9 days too 2 weeks is the norm for me with optimum conditions.

Good Luck and keep smokin,

B

Latest posts

Latest posts