Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Cloning with JJScorpio Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2007, 07:33 PM #41
Octagoner

Location: left coast; Canadians say I live in the Pacific Midwest
Octagoner is on a distinguished road
Try this:

Get a hold of 1000-2000 grit wet and dry sandpaper. Gently ABRASE the stem prior to cutting the 45. If you are leaving plant material on the sandpaper you are using too much pressure. I hold the stem down and pull and twist, seal with a tiny dab of rooting gel and make a nother hole off to the side of the big hole in the Rapid Rooter.

As far as the Bloom Nitrogen ratio, I have to agree w/ J.J.

When I clone into rockwool or do naked cloning (EZ Cloner) I use 1/4 strenth Bloom pH corrected to 6.3 - 6.5.

Mothers get Bloom and then just water 1 week prior to cloning.

Was working on a fogger cloner which did not have spectacular results, but using the sandpaper to abrase the plants cutical, had root and node like appendages up the plant where it had been abrased. Problem with fogger was it took too long to wean the plants off the humidity.

Respect
Octagoner is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:38 PM #42
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
I checked the clones and half have now rooted. Here are a couple pics. The one coverd in roots is ready to be transplanted as she is hungry and wants to eat. I will do this sometime this afternoon and post some pics on how I do it for the new people.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:27 PM #43
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
When the clones are showing a dozen or so roots, it is time to transplant them into soil. The first thing I do is fill a 16 ounce cup, and form the shape of the Rapid Rooter in the soil. I then place the Rooter into the soil and fill in around it. I will not water these for 24 to 36 hrs. I want the roots to "reach", while they look for water. This will give me a stable root growth, and a healthy plant. When I water I will give them a full dose of vegging ferts as the mothers were getting this before the cloning.

The reason I use clear cups is to be able to watch the root growth, without having to remove the plant from the cup. I then just place the clear cup into a colored cup to keep the light off the roots.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:12 PM #44
Tunefull

Tunefull will become famous soon enough
Lol i love that idea of useing a clear cup,And just houseing it in a dark cup....

In your last Pic's JJS
I am going to show my ignorance here
But why are they only 3 blades(well nearly 5 blades)....

Is it just that the plant the cuttings are from where cuttings themselves months back?(i get revert myself at times)

Is there any issue against using these lesser bladed leaves for your cuttings?
Tunefull is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 PM #45
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Good question Tune, lol. All of the clones are seedplants except the sour bubble and the boggle, which were gifts.

I would have to answer that it is because they are lower cuttings. The only advantage would be using an entire leaf, without having to trim it down.

Like that dual cup idea huh? I got sick of dumping plants out to check the roots and for a couple extra bucks it does the trick.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:21 PM #46
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

I checked the cuttings and they have now all rooted. They were in flower for 2 weeks before taking the cuttings and all have rooted within 10 days. I would call this faster then I expected as they had been put to flower prior. I have to go and get some more clear cups and get these transplanted.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:06 AM #47
dekab247

dekab247 has disabled reputation
Hey JJ,

I have definatly had my ups 'n' down with growing. Yet using methods such as you have here. I have had excellent success with cloning. I have lost two clones in eleven years. Now that doesn't mean I have had success like that in all areas of growing. Just hit it on the mark with cloning.

To all who are reading this. JJ has some damn fine info. Read between the lines about them stubborn plants. The ones that can take longer than two weeks to root. Remember germinatin seeds some will also take longer. Good luck, and growing to all...peace...
dekab247 is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 AM #48
issack

issack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud of
Nice read. I used the Ez clone and just plain tap water. and i find the bigger healthier cuttings work best. 13 days and full roots.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:54 PM #49
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Dekab, thx for the compliment. Good to see you have it down.

Issack, I almost got one of them, but new lights always seem to take my money, lol. I have a friend with one and he lets the water get to warm and the roots turn to mush.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:59 PM #50
Sinfuldreams
Basement Garden Gnome

Sinfuldreams has disabled reputation
The 60 site EZ Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJScorpio
Dekab, thx for the compliment. Good to see you have it down.

Issack, I almost got one of them, but new lights always seem to take my money, lol. I have a friend with one and he lets the water get to warm and the roots turn to mush.
The 60 site EZ Clone uses the same Water Pump as the 120 site unit. It makes the rez over heat! A lot.
Lots of people I know had this problem.
I'd get the 120 site unit instead. Or make your own.
More fun and far cheaper.

Nice thread.

Sin

Lawns grow plush in the hinterlands
It's the perfect little setting for the one night stands
Now the drapes are drawn and the lights are out
It's the time to put in practice what you've dreamed about

Sinfuldreams: <<< Can Only Speak of Future Whoring

Nattynattygurrl : I Aspire to Whore
Sinfuldreams is offline Quote