Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > SIP bed design, for longer flowering sativas

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
SIP bed design, for longer flowering sativas Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2018, 12:03 PM #1
kushdream

kushdream is on a distinguished road
SIP bed design, for longer flowering sativas

So i've been running coots mix no till, for a year & i like it but this last run i switched the soil from a fabric bed to a sip. it's 2x3, holds between 8-10 gallons and has somewhere around 40 gals of soil in it. Been running alot of BLDs/hybrids and they love it. My question really is if i plan on cramming 6-8 "no taller than 6" at flower, real sativas in there, would it beneficial to have less soil, say 20-25 gallons? the idea being it'll help force a long flowering sativa to finish? or will it just hurt/stun it being its a bed?gonna have a bunch of 12-15 weekers coming up here.
kushdream is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2018, 09:18 PM #2
Rico _El_Guapo

Rico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura about
I would think as long as your frets are in check I wouldn't worry about "forcing" it to come out faster.
Your already committed to the flowering time of 12+ weeks, so you're already in it for the long haul.
Just stick with what's been working, and tweek it as you go.
Not sure what particular satvia ur running but there's a haze cut floating around here (13weeker) it doesn't like ferts that much, but it is definitely worth the wait.
You could even put some of your hybrids in the mix and pull them at 8 weeks while the satvias get their stretch goin on.
Rico _El_Guapo is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 PM #3
kushdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico _El_Guapo View Post
I would think as long as your frets are in check I wouldn't worry about "forcing" it to come out faster.
Your already committed to the flowering time of 12+ weeks, so you're already in it for the long haul.
Just stick with what's been working, and tweek it as you go.
Not sure what particular satvia ur running but there's a haze cut floating around here (13weeker) it doesn't like ferts that much, but it is definitely worth the wait.
You could even put some of your hybrids in the mix and pull them at 8 weeks while the satvias get their stretch goin on.
frets? I'll be doing multiple sativas, its more of a long term project. first up is some of sno's durban bx, not a long flowering sativa but im hoping i can find an old mendo leaning male/female. got some sativaXhybrids with purple colombian as the ma & she's a 22-24 weeker. its supposed to be a 13-16 week cycle on that.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 AM #4
Rico _El_Guapo

Rico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura aboutRico _El_Guapo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushdream View Post
it's 2x3, holds between 8-10 gallons and has somewhere around 40 gals of soil in it.
Don't change that volume, honesty. Long term grows don't really start to bulk until week 11 so your going to want the extra moisture in the soil, unless you can be there to watch them.

Quote:
My question really is if i plan on cramming 6-8 "no taller than 6" at flower, real sativas in there, would it beneficial to have less soil, say 20-25 gallons?
No you will just have to watch how moist the soil is, and then water it when it needs it, might have to add perlite so your drainage and air flow is where ya want it. If your watering everyday your going to want to test the run off more than usual.

There's a little biosphere goin on in that box, and as long as the bacteria in the res is where ya want it you should be good.

Quote:
the idea being it'll help force a long flowering sativa to finish? or will it just hurt/stun it being its a bed?
The whole concept of that system is to hold moisture in the roots so if it's already working for ya don't f with it.

And like I was saying before, if I was in your position I would throw a couple of your hybrids in the mix, so you can let those girls start to stretch around week 9-10

Old 06-27-2018, 04:08 PM #5
Illuminate
OG refugee

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 AM #6
kushdream

Well since there were so many views, heres my basic design, few tweeks from the first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C80C08AE-0E0E-49A2-9C5E-FF69F0D167CE.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	462522 Click image for larger version

Name:	A648A38C-9D0C-4E5F-ABA7-D3232F8A2893.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	462523 Click image for larger version

Name:	3617D9E9-DCCF-4680-A9B2-7FB9F6CF3084.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	462524

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:31 AM #7
kushdream

I use 2 wicks bout 1.5” width & the length of the bed. Uniseals are easy AF & solid. Have air/overflow vents on both sides, the back one is higher. Used to use pvc to keep the pot up but tryong this fencing bc i had it lying around. Still gotta put in my watering pipe.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:22 PM #8
Rico _El_Guapo

That looks pretty sweet man