Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Pot bound in smart pots ?? Leaves falling off ...

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Pot bound in smart pots ?? Leaves falling off ... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2010, 08:23 AM #11
Dreamscape

Dreamscape will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUNToPOTomuss
Is this an issue for you?
At first it was because I wasn't ready for it ... now that I know i've got roughly a month of excellent nutes already in the soil i'm ready as soon as it goes over.

At this point i'm fairly convinced I must be root bound ... even though my plants sit at about 5' as small to medium bush's in 3gallon smart pots i'm convinced its either:

A.) i'm not feeding enough now that the soil is completely depleted

B.) i'm not feeding enough and they're root bound as well ...

thanks for all the input guys
Dreamscape is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM #12
whatissixbynine

Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM #13
Dreamscape

there pretty much is no dust left at this point ... just roots on the top ... I can't even really dig my finger into the top ... But from what I understand , this is what smart pots are built for so ...

I'm still not 100% ... but i'm assuming I just need to feed them more.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 PM #14
darksith

darksith will become famous soon enough
feed feed feed. They sound like they are big plants, and you're only feeding once every 3rd watering. You need to be feeding every watering. Are they in flower or veg? And if there isn't much soil you probably need to be feeding once a day maybe even twice! since there is no soil to hold the moisture in? I don't use smart pots, but its almost a hydro setup you need from the sounds of it.
darksith is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 PM #15
swyork5

swyork5 is on a distinguished road
pot bound

I have had that problem only because i had a plant 3 feet tall and was using a 2 gallon smart pot. I use roots excellerator and great white so i have really healthy roots. i saw the top leaves curling and not growing too well so i changed to a 3 gallon smart pot and the plant regrouped. I normally use #3 smart pots and if its going to bloom longer than 8 weeks i use #5. Healthy roots equal health plant. Hope you have better luck.
swyork5 is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 11:57 PM #16
Dreamscape

They are all moms still in Veg.

Some are like 5 1/2 tall ... and a couple are around 4 1/2 foot tall.

6 of them are in 3 gallon pots and 2 of them are in 2 gallon pots.

GENERALLY ... they droop around every 3rd day or so letting me know they need water. So the moisture doesn't evaporate THAT fast.

Usually when I feed them as well I water around 1/2 gallon per plant. When its just been water it was a bit less ...

I remember reading through one of Pico's grows and he said he fed 1nce / water 2wice , feed again and so on ... thats where I got the idea.

I think at this point I'll water 2wice with LK and Hygrozyme and then feed 1nce ... ect ...

How many of you feed every watering ??

Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 AM #17
swyork5

swyork5 is on a distinguished road
re pot boind

I use saucers bigger than my smart pots like a 15" saucers for my #3 smart pot. I feed until i see the water going into the saucers than i stop and usually my plants aborb the water with in 30 min and i will sometimes add a little more but i never let the saucers fill up. My plants are real healthy but i feed twice a week,once a fert feed on wednesday and then a clean water or supplement feed on sunday. If they seem to be getting a little dry i will do a lite just water feed on friday. My plants are usually ready for the second feed and as soon as i feed them the perk up and point up to the light. Hope this helps
swyork5 is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 AM #18
Dreamscape

I think I may just have to get a few saucers for my moms ...

My Secret jardin leaks through the bottom seams ... Unfortunately the cover for the floor isn't large enough to connect the velcro to the four poles ... I can get 2 or maybe 3 of the velcro corners to attach (just barely) and even then the fourth one still never reaches ... So I said fuck it and just put it with the carrying case.

But now when my plants have runoff they piss out the sides of the seams ...

Old 07-18-2018, 09:44 PM #19
jwm

jwm will become famous soon enoughjwm will become famous soon enoughjwm will become famous soon enough
I'm watering/feeding my 10 gl smartpot everyday as I'm on a bluff w/ almost constant wind. And it's been hot this year. Kinda sucks because I can't hit the trails for more than a day...
jwm is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 PM #20
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscape View Post
They are all moms still in Veg.

How many of you feed every watering ??

Good afternoon Dreamscape.

Disclaimer: I'm a newer grower that has a lot to learn so take my advise at your own risk

When I started growing a coupl years ago I read a lot about alternating watering with feeds. To be honest the whole feeding thing has been the toughest part of growing for me. I had a lot of feed and pH issues my first few grows when I was alternating feeds and watering. The I read somewhere that feeding lighter every watering was a good way to keep the plant happier. I also read that light feeding every time you water helps keep the soils pH balanced. I'm not sure if this is the case but my grows have been better since I started feeding every watering.
Fiddynut is offline Quote