You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 PM #2321
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Good afternoon friends.

I finally caught up on sleep and was feeling great this morning and got a 10 mile mountain bike ride in. It's been like 10 days since I got to ride and it felt great. After a busy day at work I'm going to take my wife to dinner for our 10th anniversary. Can't believe it's been 10 years allready.
I need to find a way to get her to go out and have more fun. She seems to be getting kind of depressed and she needs like a jump start or something. She didn't go to Boulder with us and she had a ticket for the Saturday show at alpine but decided she would sleep in and meet us ther. She called when she was on her way but said her phone was about to die. I told her where we were but she couldn't find us and couldn't call me that night. Poor girl needs some fun in her life. When she is not having a good time she isn't always much fun to be around and that makes it hard for me to enjoy myself. I'm taking her to dinner at a place we use to go when we were younger and I hope we can feel a bit younger and that can start us having a good time.

@Rodehazrd. I'd love to grow some shrooms! I've done a little research and I've got a buddy at work that has grown them. He wants to grow weed but dosent have the space so he thought he could grow shrooms and trade for bud, but he found it tough to find people to trade with regularly. I'll have a look around for some spores. Let us know if you find anything good!

@pop_rocks. Your right brother these guys have been racing mtb for many years and the lifestyle out there with all the commuting on bikes means they ride a lot. I feel like if I keep stepping up the workouts and ride more I'll get closer to them someday. I'm only mid 40's so I've got some good years left in me. I'm going to hit it hard the rest of the summer and see where I end up. I didn't get to see his race bike because it was in the shop but I'm sure it's bad ass carbon xc race bike. We are going out there for a bike riding trip this fall if I can fit it in before my hernia surgery.

@Packerfan. That's a great score pack'. Pineapple hashplant sounds killer and the dos-I-do as well. Keep us posted on what you find there. Have a great time camping and I hope the weather is good for your trip.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:23 AM #2322
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Hey Rodehazard, I will have to look into those fishbites. We are mainly fishing for trout, bluegill, large and small mouth bass. I am looking for trout manly, I do love me some stripped bass, good eating. I used to hit up the aquaduct, they have some massive stripper and Cat fish. I am not much for eating catfish, kinda taste like the lake. It's ok fried but that's it.

Yeah PF79 you gotta get those catfish small or they get mushy.

Give me a good cutthroat any day, or bluegill if you have the patience to filet them. Its fun to catch big ones but for panfish give me the small ones. I used a trout bait in yellowstone looked like playdoh came in a jar and had mixed in glitter. Cutthroat ate it up in the lakes. Hope you have fun
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:38 AM #2323
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
we used to fish for the cats with chicken livers
leave them in the bed of the truck and you are going to hook up, the worse they smell the better they seem to work
that sounds cool about the infused cloth to use as bait, less hassle and easy to keep around
i like they come in different colors too, its like salt water fish will hit anything if it is moving just right or has a certain color
what a score p'fan; that sounds like a great cross and im sure you are going to find a keeper or three in the bunch
man, now ive got the hungries for a nice fungus snack!
you are right fiddy, the key is to just keep at it
riding regularly is the key to getting better
of course you can actively train and there are ways of getting the most out of your rides, but just being in the saddle and turning those gears is going to get you there
im sorry to hear the mrs might be in a funk, a fun dinner is a good place to start in helping her mood
what were some of the things she used to enjoy? what does she like to do now
i know the mrs loves being active so its good we can go on our walks
if you can find something she enjoys doing get in on it and help her rekindle he passions
even if you just park an extra block away and walk to the restaurant maybe a nice walk will be fun, if you do be sure to hold her hand
/this always make the mrs smile and she laughs when i hold her hand when we cross the street

one more day to go buys and then its the weekend, lets finish this week off strong!
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2018, 09:22 PM #2324
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
we used to fish for the cats with chicken livers
leave them in the bed of the truck and you are going to hook up, the worse they smell the better they seem to work
that sounds cool about the infused cloth to use as bait, less hassle and easy to keep around
i like they come in different colors too, its like salt water fish will hit anything if it is moving just right or has a certain color
what a score p'fan; that sounds like a great cross and im sure you are going to find a keeper or three in the bunch
man, now ive got the hungries for a nice fungus snack!
you are right fiddy, the key is to just keep at it
riding regularly is the key to getting better
of course you can actively train and there are ways of getting the most out of your rides, but just being in the saddle and turning those gears is going to get you there
im sorry to hear the mrs might be in a funk, a fun dinner is a good place to start in helping her mood
what were some of the things she used to enjoy? what does she like to do now
i know the mrs loves being active so its good we can go on our walks
if you can find something she enjoys doing get in on it and help her rekindle he passions
even if you just park an extra block away and walk to the restaurant maybe a nice walk will be fun, if you do be sure to hold her hand
/this always make the mrs smile and she laughs when i hold her hand when we cross the street

one more day to go buys and then its the weekend, lets finish this week off strong!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes for sure keeping at it is key. I've got the rest of my life to get stronger and faster, it's not going to happen over night. I can see the progress every week and month as I put in the time and effort. The workouts get longer and the rides too. I just have to avoide getting lazy or hitting the wall and not breaking through. We got a lot of rain last night and more in the forecast this weekend so this might be a good time to take the bike in for its adjustments and hit the gym hard.
The wife and I had a nice time last night. We went out to a Mexican restaurant that we use to go to before we got married. The food was as good as always and she even had a couple margaritas. Since she usually dosent drink that was enough to give her a nice buzz and she enjoyed that. We talked about making an effort to go out and do more fun things together and she agreed that that would be nice for her. Like anything else, relationships take effort to keep going strong. We just have to keep working at it.
I wish my wife was more active so we could do more walking and hiking. I think she is afrade to do a lot of physical activity because it can trigger a pain episode for her. She gets this nerve pain in her face kind of like a headache but more in the jaw. The pain is very intense and it takes a lot out of her. Chronic pain like that can cause depression and other mental issues. Our schedules are so diffrent that it makes it hard to find time to do things together as well. That's where the effort part comes in.
As the song goes: we will get by (we will survive).....

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:37 PM #2325
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
that is great that you and the wife had a nice date night!
if she enjoys trying new places, maybe you can have a weekly/ monthly date night where you go out and enjoy yourselves
that sucks about the nerve pain, i live with chronic back pain and know what you mean about it effecting your mood
that is rad that you are making fitness a part of your lifestyle
bad weather is a great time to bring the bike in for an adjustment, did the shop offer a free tune up when you got the bike? (some will even offer lifetime free tune ups and most places are good about making a quick adjustment if you just drop in)
it sucks when you want to hit the trails but cant, thats when we will ride on paved paths or hit up some of the walking trails that drain well
another thing to think about is fall when it gets dark earlier, i dont know when you ride during the day but it might be a good idea to start looking intoa light for the bike
i have a few different ones so if you ever need advice i can tell you what works for me
keep it up brother!
you are doing a great job and kicking all kinds of ass
if you ever need some motivation, you kow we are all here for you brother

Old 07-23-2018, 09:27 PM #2326
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
What's up jungle mates,

Hope all is well. Had a fantastic camping trip. A couple hick ups. Got ready to leave and the battery in the truck was dead. Got a new battery in and on the road. My parents RV lost all 110v power. But we were able to make it work. My youngest caught his first fish, a little small mouth bass. The wife caught a little panfish. We saw a bald eagle at the lake, a bunch of blue jays. We had a blast sitting around the campfire and drinking cold beers. Weather was fantastic, 81 was the high for the weekend, lows at night were in the 50s.

Hope all you jungle mates had a great weekend.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 07-24-2018, 02:34 AM #2327
pop_rocks

that sounds like a great trip, p'fan!
you must have been at elevation because here at sea level it was hot like hell this past weekend
sounds like you guys were hooking up at the fishing hole; congratulations to your youngest for catching his first fish
glad to hear you guys had a great time and got to enjoy some nature!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:01 AM #2328
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
that sounds like a great trip, p'fan!
you must have been at elevation because here at sea level it was hot like hell this past weekend
sounds like you guys were hooking up at the fishing hole; congratulations to your youngest for catching his first fish
glad to hear you guys had a great time and got to enjoy some nature!
It was awesome. It's amazing what a couple days in the mountains can do for the attitude. Yeah I think we were around 7000 ft. Above sea level. I Spent most of the day fixing poles and tying knots for my 28 year old brother. Lol, I watched him try for 30 minutes, before he asked me to tie his lure for him. The Campground is a new favorite, the host were totally chill. We had 2 spots 1 was used for parking, the other was our camp. They were back to back. On the second day the host asked us if we could squeeze my bros car into our site, so another family could use the other site. We got our money back for that night. My daughter had her first experience with a nasty bathroom at the lake, she was crying. She told every person we passed to avoid the bathroom. Lol.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 07-24-2018, 08:54 PM #2329
Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

After all the action the last few weeks I needed a weekend to catch up on rest and projects around the house and this was the perfict weekend for that. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and your weeks are starting out well.

@pop_rocks. I was too lazy to take the bike in this weekend but I think I have 2 years of free minor adjustments from the date of purchase as part of the deal I got on the bike. My bros was in all last week getting adjustments after just a few rides on his new derailleur and shifters. Mine is still shifting well maybe just needs the steering head tightened up a bit. I just hate to be without it and I'd love to learn how to do all the adjustments myself do that I'm not dependent on a shop. That's funny you mention bike lights because our buddy in Colorado was just showing us how bright his light is and telling us about all the night riding they do as the days get shorter. It's dark by 4:30 pm here in the winter and dosent get light untill after 7 am so I'll need a light for any eirly morning or late afternoon riding. I'll probably need a full fat tire bike as well. Thank you for the kind words brother...Fiddy.

@packerfan. That's great that you guys had a nice trip. It sounds like a cool place you guys found. I bet your youngest was excited to catch his first fish. I hope your daughter wasn't too traumatized by the bathroom. That place sounds like a great place to beat the heat brother!

Old 07-24-2018, 09:00 PM #2330
Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Just a quick update on the granola funk plants in flower. So far so good. They started stacking buds just before week 3 and are starting to put on a little weight. Luckily the streach ended just as I maxed my light height last week. It's just about time to take cuts for the next round and to pop seeds for 2 rounds from now. Here as a couple pics.