What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HERE-i grow again--T-12

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
One question I have to ask, do you have any problems with burning with the bulbs touching the plants?

Very different grow to say the least. I have never seen anyone grow this style and I think it is great you are trying something new. Have you had a successful grow using this style before or is this the first?

Good luck and thanks for the interesting thread!

TGT

Bud Hi

NO, problems with heat, I even water with the lights on. this is the 3rd grow... still learnin as I grow..

Last edited:

Binnacas

That's great Bud Hi! A really nice way to use space. That would be great for a stealth.

I have a few questions:
-Do you bend the plants under the tubes to keep them from growing upwards? Like LST but using your lamps, which would be great :D
-How deep is the soil?
-And how much soil did you fit in there?
-What sort of soil mix do you use?
-Have you considered doing the same with a hydro system?
-Did you have to dismantle lampfixtures to get the center tubes "floating" or do they sell separate ends that you can connect with wires?
-And ain't it true that the plants can't process light from under the leaf, only from the top? I was just thinking that I might've raised those floating ones just a bit higher.

Sorry for the bombarment of questions, I'm just very interested in this setup. Might make something like this for myself.

Bud Hi

Binnacas -
Sorry for the bombarment of questions, I'm just very interested in this setup. Might make something like this for myself.

:wave: I'm just a old dog(51), learnin new tricks :muahaha: Thanks for the interest, this set-up is 3 years old, getting better each year. For laughes, I'll do a little history report..

I had to move inside, due to nosey neighbor.. :dueling: things I needed-low cost and low heat looked around to see what I had

a window fan and 4 footers

Bud Hi

also needed waist high, so I don't have to bend over (bad Back)plus, some thing to catch run-off.

being my FIRST grow inside. Didn't know if these lights would work. even though, the lights are adjustable, the plants needed MORE room

<<<<<< :muahaha: :muahaha:

Bud Hi

Dang, more room, More lights,, Where does it end???? :rasta: :jump:
Since I can't lift the top lights, I needed help,, so a 12v winch and a rechargable battery. to the rescue.

Bud Hi

I drilled the rivet out of the ends, so that I could mount them ANY WHERE I needed, with 1 screw..

Bud Hi

some days, the whole house stank..... to K.I.S.S. I installed a bathroom vent/fan in the closet.

Last edited:

Bud Hi

guess, I need a veg room too. Since I got the saw out..

double sink, with empty (meat package trays) for catch pans.

Bud Hi

where's it end???? :muahaha:
Now, I need a bigger reflector. ( a piece, off of a roll of alum. siding) and a way to adjust lamp height.. :joint:

Bud Hi

might as well, have more than 20 amp wall plugs :lurk: might go hydro, need pumps.. or a toilet tank.. to flood and drain... :muahaha: :muahaha:
Cover off.. for Photo Only<<<<

Last edited:

Bud Hi

next- looking to build a mister, like they use at the grocery store to keep vegs., moist... a spray mister, will bring the summer temps down..>>cool tubes<<< :muahaha: ..( planin-forward) self contained "Rain Maker" :joint:

Like a "Rain Forrest"

Last edited:

Bud Hi

here, I grow again,,#4
my starter kit :muahaha: condiment cups,from a fast food and a cake package,- Bag seed.

Latest posts

Latest posts