What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"If you have to be persuaded, reminded, bullied, pressured, incentivized, lied to, guilt tripped, coerced, socially shamed, censored, threatened, paid, punished, and criminalized, if all of this is necessary to gain your compliance, you can be absolutely certain what is being promoted is not in your best interest."-
Unknown

so, don't get married?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine
Godfather of the American Revolution

moose eater

"I was educated once. It took me years to get over it." (Mark Twain)

and

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." (Mark Twain)

(*Yet, I don't believe he was of the same beliefs as the anti-science and anti-education folks of today, who seem to have lost his real meaning(s). In fact, far from it. He merely insisted on adhering to a focus on reality).

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there's a difference between smart smart dumb and dumb dumb smart so figure it out
Overheard in Bayridge Brooklyn NY 1st hand

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do not put your faith in a cape and a hood, they will not protect you the way that they should. And take extra care with strangers, even flowers have their dangers, and though scary is exciting, nice is different than good. -- Little Red Riding Hood

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, an irrational fear of the unknown. But there’s no such thing as the unknown — only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.”
- Captain James T Kirk.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.”
― Alan Moore ("V for Vendetta")

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“You spend your whole life looking for answers because you think the next answer will solve all your problems: make you a little less miserable, because when you run out of questions you don't just run out of answers... you run out hope.”
House MD

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Pain makes us make bad decisions. Fear or pain is almost as big of a motivator.”
House MD

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security.”
― President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If I knew I'd live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."
Mickey Mantle

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The vaccine should be tested on politicians first. If they survive, the vaccine is safe. If they don’t, then the country is safe.”
—Monika Wisniewska

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I began by telling [America] that there was a cancer growing on [America] and that if the cancer was not removed [America] [itself] would be killed by it.”

– John Dean, Nixon White House Counsel, 1973

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy.”

“Hell has open borders.”

– Mac’s Fresh Market, Arkansas, Louisiana

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran