What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info about new aeroponic setup. Please help me.

Ppple

Hi, I have a 100*100cm grow tent, I run an 350w of real usage led with 9 pot, and I cultive in soil.
I want to change setup, and I have a question, I want to use 80x80 grow tent and 400w hps with aeroponic setup with 12 pot.
The question is with the new setup can I have more yield over a year??

Last edited:

Ppple

Or I can put 6 plants instead of 12 and make bigger?
Or only 4 and make scrog??

I'm searching for the better setup for aeroponic

RockinRobot

I would say light is your limiting factor. You're going from a 600w to a 400w. Although you'll probably get a better g/watt ratio with the hydro, I'm guessing that changing to hydro will, at best, make up the difference in yield and you'll probably end up about the same quantity wise.

Ppple

Sorry I wrong the post now in the 100*100 I run 9 cob led for 350w of real usage.
You say hydro is better then aero?
I can stay with 100*100 and led if it is better..

R

Rab.C

i think you will get more yield from 400watts yes and hydro will give a better yield than soil if you no what your doing.is it not the yield by the watts you run ie 400watts 400gram if everything is dialed in...Peace rab

R

Rab.C

sorry Ppple aeroponic is kind of hydro just uses less water than any other hydroponic
System...all the best with your grow...Rab

Aeroponics is a form of hydroponic gardening. Traditional hydroponic systems have the roots in constant contact with water, either being submerged, flooded, dripped, or exposed to a thin film of nutrient solution. In aeroponic systems, roots are suspended in air, in a dark, enclosed space, where they are sprayed with a fine mist or fog of nutrient solution.