What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exhaust 24/7?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
You should use your ventilation to control temperature and or humidity. It's possible to have a temp controller set to run exhaust during lights on to control heat and also a humidity controller on the same fan to exhaust when humidity gets too high during lights out.

A separate fan/filter can scrub the air continuously in the room your tent is in.

This would be one option for trying to control VPD in a tent for instance.

Packer420

Thank you so much for those inputs. I guess im doing it okay leaving it 24/7. I have those duct fans for a 2x4 and a smaller inline fan those cans for a 2x2. Really gets hot specially these days.

Food airflow 24/7. Thanks again.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
You should use your ventilation to control temperature and or humidity. It's possible to have a temp controller set to run exhaust during lights on to control heat and also a humidity controller on the same fan to exhaust when humidity gets too high during lights out.

A separate fan/filter can scrub the air continuously in the room your tent is in.

This would be one option for trying to control VPD in a tent for instance.

:yeahthats

But humidity can get high during light on too. So best to use dual control for one fan. To engage when either or is triggered.

For many years my room was set up this way. Without a separate fan/filter though (was using the room and not a tent in the room). This way allows for a good deal of control for non-sealed grows. When dialed in right it results in a lot of fresh air exchanges and with minimal smell (strain dependent of course) escaping. So adding an extra fan/filter makes sense if extra stinky or just concerned about stink.

G

GatorGumbo

I like the idea of exchanging as much air as possible to prevent pests and ailments. Airflow, in general, is pretty crucial to growing good cannabis.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
what kind of system do you have? do you have ducting to your lights? like to keep them cool? if so, keep it on always.