What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

guerilla gold and Freezeland?

livinit

Looking for good seed banks that has these proven strains capable of finishing in 50N Canada.

Had some old seeds a friend gave me of guerilla gold that started flowering in mid July (was not an auto).

Thanks in advance any help is appreciated.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Don't know what your friend had, but the Guerilla Gold 10 years ago was an autoflower. I still have some GG3 and GG4 seeds.

Ok, to be more technically correct there are genetics in GG which are not autoflower. Grown under 24/0 or 23/1 lighting, a small percentage of them will not autoflower. The majority of them are definitely auto.

There are many quality autoflowers offered by Canadian breeders. Your typical seed to harvest time is about 80 days, so nearly anything mold resistant will do well. :)

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
love gg and freezland real gorilla seeds bank gotem the freezlands a cross though still a beast from what i read

Last edited:

Stinkhorn123

Don't know what your friend had, but the Guerilla Gold 10 years ago was an autoflower. I still have some GG3 and GG4 seeds.

Ok, to be more technically correct there are genetics in GG which are not autoflower. Grown under 24/0 or 23/1 lighting, a small percentage of them will not autoflower. The majority of them are definitely auto.

There are many quality autoflowers offered by Canadian breeders. Your typical seed to harvest time is about 80 days, so nearly anything mold resistant will do well. :)
The 100’s of GG3 plants I’ve grown don’t agree with these auto flower statements.

Douglas.Curtis

The 100’s of GG3 plants I’ve grown don’t agree with these auto flower statements.
Really, you grew out hundreds of GG3 under 22/2 or 24/0 lighting and didn't find any? I grew out less than 12 and found 3. 6 months of 24/0 and all but those had flowered out and were done. The remaining 3 were still simply in veg. I found 2 in the GG4 seeds I have.

I still have some of both, though less than 10 of each now. I do, however, have quite a bit of pollen stored from that run. ;)

livinit

Really, you grew out hundreds of GG3 under 22/2 or 24/0 lighting and didn't find any? I grew out less than 12 and found 3. 6 months of 24/0 and all but those had flowered out and were done. The remaining 3 were still simply in veg. I found 2 in the GG4 seeds I have.

I still have some of both, though less than 10 of each now. I do, however, have quite a bit of pollen stored from that run. ;)

I'v always classified GGs as a semiauto flower. So yes that statement in my books is accurate... breeders must have some ruderalis in its genetics for them to finish so early in the season.

The seeds I got from my buddy finished quite early. Seemed soon as they reached sexual maturity long as they weren't under 24 light they would start flowering. But I wouldn't consider them a full autoflower simply because I could keep them in veg.

Also the plants I poped out were all very similar height, appearance, flowered in similar time, and same herb smell. Must have been some good inbreeding to get such consistant results.

'Boogieman'

I have grown a few gorilla gold #3 but I never grew it again because I thought it was weak. Not the worst I have grown but the buzz was weak. I also had boytris problems.

zappa66

I always found mighty freeze to be a better plant than the gg. My buddy and I have grown it for years here in vermont. the "seeds of freedom" line ironically is ours (small world) that we got from unleash da green around 2010. Been playing with them ever since. finishes mid august to second week of september with exceptional mold resistance and good pine flavor. To be clear I was never associated with "SOF" just know the guy. https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/mighty-freeze/#reviews

pink pheno is late aug, 2-3' 2-4oz (my preference)
green one is first half of sept 3-5' 3-5oz

sounds like real gorilla seeds has lots of good sounding early stuff. Im trying some beans from getaway mountain seeds this year as in vermont we are only allowed to flower two plants legaly so I wanted larger later blooming plants. Take a look though. Will also say there are some good looking freeze crosses from bean hoarder at hd I think.

Douglas.Curtis

Shoot, now I want to pop a few and don't have the space. LOL

GG3/GG4 x my Femmed Canna-Tsu pollen? 20%+ CBD and still 8-9% THC? :D Should make an interesting cross at some point. :)

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I always found mighty freeze to be a better plant than the gg. My buddy and I have grown it for years here in vermont. the "seeds of freedom" line ironically is ours (small world) that we got from unleash da green around 2010. Been playing with them ever since. finishes mid august to second week of september with exceptional mold resistance and good pine flavor. To be clear I was never associated with "SOF" just know the guy. https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/mighty-freeze/#reviews

pink pheno is late aug, 2-3' 2-4oz (my preference)
green one is first half of sept 3-5' 3-5oz

sounds like real gorilla seeds has lots of good sounding early stuff. Im trying some beans from getaway mountain seeds this year as in vermont we are only allowed to flower two plants legaly so I wanted larger later blooming plants. Take a look though. Will also say there are some good looking freeze crosses from bean hoarder at hd I think.

tuff growing in the north country ive tested over hundred strains outside seen bout ten perform. i get jealous when my friends out west talking bout harvesting 7 pound plants with zero bud rot. biggest plant i harvested 25 half ounce on a biddy early field grown oct 6 cut down

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ive ran the DFG that realgorillaseeds has. It's Durban x freezeland x something else Id have to look. I don't know if this Freezeland is what your talking about. But these finish early Sept around 38n with nice yields.