What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst tasting bud I ever grew

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've been growing one cut of Tiger Beat by The Seed Company for over a year now. It's never been an excellent smell or taste, I keep it around because supposedly it's around a 1:1 strain.
This last time it looks great. Lil frosty.
But it taste like I ground up a gram of stems and packed a pipe.
Absolutely horrible. Not sure what happened. The leaves yellowed early so some issue was going on, but never I have I tasted straight sticks on buds, no matter what problem the plant had.
Weird

Bobby Boucher

I've seen that.

Had a freebie pump out some hay. Even the resulting dab tasted like sticks and seeds. Looked great. Weird indeed.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Been there many times. Grow something out and it looks and smells great then it all goes away before chop and the result is campfire smoke. Always a bummer

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe will be good idea to dimm lights last two-three weeks or to raise them if possible..

too strong lights at a end of ciclus are usually good road to evaporate most of
terps and then weed have bad taste and lower potency...

in nature usually strains get ripe when temps are already pretty low
and sun is not such intense any more so if everything is maded alright
outdoor weed can be true strong terpy and much more potent easier than indoor
in small spaces where folks dont have chance to manipulate with light intensity at the
end of flowering stage...

try to imitate same in your enviroment or atleast raise lights in last weeks..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I had plants in about 10 spots last year. One spot produced what a buddy called "Indian Grass. You should smudge with it instead of smoke it." lol. It went to hash.

X

xavier7995

I have a cross i made that puts out the most offputting tasting flowers. The parent that brings the flavor was amazing, the offspring are similar...but not quite right and taste like nasty cough syrup. I am certain that eventually one of these seeds will result in something nice, but eh, buncha stuff for the edibles/hash pile so far.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have a cross i made that puts out the most offputting tasting flowers. The parent that brings the flavor was amazing, the offspring are similar...but not quite right and taste like nasty cough syrup. I am certain that eventually one of these seeds will result in something nice, but eh, buncha stuff for the edibles/hash pile so far.
Wait, they have Moxie flavored marijuana now?!
61195H2ig6L._SX355_.jpg

Drewsif

Did you try vaping it? Wonder if it was a fiber taste or the resin itself.. Tried dry sifting stems once, thought it would work. Nope, just like smoking stems.

I cringe when people mention cough syrup in a positive light. Worst tasting to me though was the meaty creamy surf bum fermunda grease stuff I called Surf Dick. Like a cold pig fat milkshake drizzled with suntan lotion.

X

xavier7995

Yeah, i think of it as mr pibb/dr. Pepper. There are a whole bunch of flavor elements that come together to make something awesome. I keep winding up with prune juice (rumored main ingredient in those tasty colas)...the essence is there but its just not right and tastes gross, like grape cough syrup.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Just don't understand why it has never tasted like stems before. Totally disgusting. I'm sure wax or sift is gonna taste same.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Extract it or find different curing processes.

I've had great tasting pot that gives u migraines.

And straight up tiny toke cough a lung up.

Curing. And water cures...corn husk cures..etc..etc...may tame the rankest...
pot

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had premium seed do this on an ocasion or two.
More than likely it's just the way that plant is and it won't change due to genetic imprints.

I'd be finding something to replace that with A.S.A.P.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've had premium seed do this on an ocasion or two.
More than likely it's just the way that plant is and it won't change due to genetic imprints.

I'd be finding something to replace that with A.S.A.P.

Yeah I think it's third or fourth run with tiger beat. It never tasted like stems before.
Soon as I get another high CBD strain, I'll ditch it.

madalasatori

Veteran
Definitely turn your lights down in the last 2-3 weeks of flower, particularly if using gavitas. One of my strains does this if I don’t turn them down, the leaves yellow as well. Less is definitely more sometimes

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I meant to say that this is 3 or 4th time I have ran this same clone of Tiger Beat.
Maybe she did get too close to the light

LungCooking

maybe there was/is mold and you cant see (roots/buds)
maybe the dry/cure wasnt good
maybe overfeeding
maybe heat
maybe too much nitrogen

Latest posts

Latest posts