What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help sealing off room

Building a room in garage. Best way to make sure it’s sealed up well? Also I’ll be putting in window ac’s and I’m looking a good way to deal them up so no leaks happen. Last but not least the door to enter room, tips/tricks to make sure it’s sealed?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Building a room in garage. Best way to make sure it’s sealed up well? Also I’ll be putting in window ac’s and I’m looking a good way to deal them up so no leaks happen. Last but not least the door to enter room, tips/tricks to make sure it’s sealed?
Hate to bust your balls but you'll never get the room 100% sealed with window rattlers.

You'll need to go with mini splits for 100%.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Just make sure you caulk the corners and use something like spray foam for bigger holes. Get it as good as you can and don't stress getting it perfect because that doesn't happen. Your goal is to minimize co2 loss, but you can't eliminate losing some.

I’ll be foamboarding the room and also plywood. Going to use the roll insulation then the foldable foam board over it and try keeping it all one piece as much as I can... then I’m getting 4mill vapor barrier to put around room and going to use much of a full sheet and less cuts as I can to help minimize spots I have to seal up, then I’ll have the pandafilm over that... should be decently sealed with all that and spray foam ect

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Build the brick bomb shelter inside of your garage. It's a tradition.

Unless of course you're not up to the challenge.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Was that called for?

Some window units will have vents that open, so if may need to disconnect any actuators involved in such a task. You don't want them straining against a glued shut flap.

With the panda film, the plants could be up to 8ft from a wall, will that be an issue or does all that not really matter. Light wise.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was that called for?

Some window units will have vents that open, so if may need to disconnect any actuators involved in such a task. You don't want them straining against a glued shut flap.

What? Poking fun at White Beard's ludicrous suggestion?

Obviously I felt that was the case.

Latest posts

Latest posts