What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ellie's Flower Building

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Understandable. Those all your own seed selections?

Many an issue in my rooms over the years because of cuts. I'm trying to work through seed as well, even though, I just recently said yes to the dress. LOL.

Let the microscope paranoia begin.

dank.Frank

EllieGrows

Veteran
Understandable. Those all your own seed selections?

Many an issue in my rooms over the years because of cuts. I'm trying to work through seed as well, even though, I just recently said yes to the dress. LOL.

Let the microscope paranoia begin.
dank.Frank

Me too!!! Ill never forget the root aphids LOL crawling all over me !!!!! No these are not my own selections they are from the archive location here in portland havent gotten burned yet from their cuts. Currently only getting stuff from them to minimize exposure. I have some seeds i really wanna get to just havent had the time.

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Love the setup. Those rooms looks very organized and ready to blow up serious nugs.

Subscribed :lurk:

M

mrghost

I can only agree: Very nice rooms. I'd love to have this much space.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What size containers? From what going into what? 9 per 4 x 4 tray? 5 x 5 foot print per light?

dank.Frank

EllieGrows

Veteran
What size containers? From what going into what? 9 per 4 x 4 tray? 5 x 5 foot print per light?

5 Gallons is final pot size, they went from 1's to 5's approximately a week ago . 9 pots per 4x4 tray light footprint is approx 5X5. This time I used VAM myco product from bioag (the fulvic acid people)
and "Cease" (bacillus subtilis) at each transplant.

Why no fabric pots / air pruning?

I used to run smarties but a grow of this size its a lot of wasted water and nutrient solution. As for the benefits of air pruning i have my own opinions. I have found if the plants aren't relatively root bound then nugs are looser and yield goes down.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is a nice looking buildout and plants. Have you considered giving Rediroot containers a try on one of your tables as an experiment? I switched over to them from fabric pots and love it. Good sturdy plastic containers with plenty of aeration and drainage. If you're using 5 gal now you could go with the 3.4 gal Rediroot and see the same yield or more. I run them with coco drain to waste and the results are amazing as are the growth rates.

-Funk

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I used to run smarties but a grow of this size its a lot of wasted water and nutrient solution. As for the benefits of air pruning i have my own opinions. I have found if the plants aren't relatively root bound then nugs are looser and yield goes down.

I flower in very small pots, 16oz, and have noticed
greater yield with the plants that get root bound.

The plants in 32oz pots yield slightly more, but take
up a lot of space.

Good thread!

EllieGrows

Veteran
Oer1LYZ.jpg

OqD4vU5.jpg
LOnfnuW.jpg

Last edited:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
pumping along nicely woot woot , save me a seed , feels less of a man if I didn't ask lol, I know no seeds , that's what they always say, but I always find seed