What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ole creeper's out of the closet

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I just want to say, that since I grew those plants in little cups for 30 days indoors before planting them outdoors. The water needs were every 2 or 3 days indoors. That being said, its important to water these outdoor plants the same for about 2 or 3 weeks so the roots will grow. As time passes and the plants start growing then I can spread the watering period to longer times in between. Now i'm up to 4 or 5 days in between watering. Also, I hardly ever listen to the weather man on TV because they are wrong too many times. I water my plants until they become established, rain or no rain!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
sweet start

sweet start

IMG_3748.jpg IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg IMG_3750.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Do they tend to compete when you have them that close together? Watering well after planting definitely reduces shock.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The difference between Spring and Fall flower, watering. Spring plants are limited to 30 to 60 days outdoors total. There is no time to waste waiting for water in the spring rains. I have waited for the rains in the past in Spring and the delay cost me in yield. So water your Spring plants.
Now for Fall flowers it doesn't matter because there are 9 months growing season here. I try to train my Fall plants to be drought tolerant by watering them lightly and use a lot of mulch. You will see in the upcoming Fall season how I care take a wild "Sensimilla" plant.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
topping Spring plants.

topping Spring plants.

I don't top my spring plants "EVER" because it delays flowering 2 weeks for every topping. I can't waste the time, because I have a race with the photo period time limit. When the days hit 14 hours long its re-veg time' and the chance for flowers are over. Right now, today, I have 12 hr and 15min. photo period. You will see what I'm talking about in the up coming thread. .

Spaventa

Veteran
Yep topping does stall progress. I haven’t topped my C5 crosses. Unlike you CP, I may run out of head room lol

I suppose a guerilla grower might top to keep colas from sticking up like sore thumbs.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I totally agree with Tycho on not topping. I learned that the hard way when one of my plants split down the middle from the weight and then started to rot after I tried to repair it. Plants are strongest when supported by a single stalk. If not in a guerrilla situation you have more room to baby your plants and play around with training, but out in the bush only the strong survive.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Fall flowers starts 2019

Fall flowers starts 2019

These Fall plants have their first true leaves now, so it's time to move them up in light intensity. In this case, they're going outside to acclimate to the summer.
IMG_3915.jpg IMG_3916.jpg

Spaventa

Veteran
Went out today and found 3 males. I don't know how I missed those guys. Today morning temps 37°F-3°C! That should scare the plants and speed up flowering!

It’s kind of funny that guys find all these males but me, who is actually looking for a male, don’t get none! I really want to do some crosses! I have some Hawaiian that haven’t shown yet.. fingers crossed :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
2019 summer plants

2019 summer plants

I got some rain yesterday so I'm not going to the woods today. I'll get some more photos on Wed. or Thur. or Sun. photo of up coming summer plants.
IMG_3968.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm back

I'm back

I’m back out of the closet to finished what I started. I got the hell scared out of me for good reasons, so I had to close the shop curtains while I continued my last grows. NOW its finished and I have nothing to get in trouble with and so now, I’m not worried anymore. Please forgive me for the disruption in the grows but please know that where I am, I could get 25 years or more. Here they treat growers with indoor grows, like meth labs and will bury you under the school house. I just couldn’t take a chance when I saw some real heat.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
My indoor and outdoor growing is over now because of old age and eye condition. I will pick up where I left off with my grow diary and show you how things turned out in both grows. Over all I had a good enough year and I took photos and notes to share with ICmag. ICmag is the best grow forum of all the forums and thank you for being there for all of us.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Spring flowers

Spring flowers

These are some photos of spring flowers in early bloom. Not Fall! I summered the plants indoors under 18 hrs then switched to 12-12. After the last threat of a frost I put them outdoors and the plants are tricked into thinking its fall because the natural outdoor photo period is 11-13. I have a three month window of spring flowering. Just enough time to produce some stinky buds. Its still early in flower with more time to go.
IMG_4016.jpg IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg IMG_4021.jpg

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I’m back out of the closet to finished what I started. I got the hell scared out of me for good reasons, so I had to close the shop curtains while I continued my last grows. NOW its finished and I have nothing to get in trouble with and so now, I’m not worried anymore. Please forgive me for the disruption in the grows but please know that where I am, I could get 25 years or more. Here they treat growers with indoor grows, like meth labs and will bury you under the school house. I just couldn’t take a chance when I saw some real heat.

Holy chit ! 25 years is utterly insane for growing some personal consumption weed. Dang, that sounds like an Asian country.

In a place such as yours, the golden rule of course is NEVER to talk about growing to ANYONE who knows you personally. All the best, and by the way, those plants are looking good.

Latest posts

Latest posts