What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LSD-25 Fast Bud....

LittleMT

Why do we keep getting fat girl angles? You know what I'm talking about. They don't want to show the whole body, so they angle the camera really high or low. We want a full plant shot, preferably with something for scale. The problem with fastbuds is that every one I've seen has grown to be a bud on a stick. Close ups of a bud doesn't show us anything at all. We want to see the plant. Either show us something worth seeing or just stop with the shilling.

Shilling? If you dont like it bummer.

LittleMT

A real pic with reference to size....like a soda can, beer bottle for reference. Not sure why only color 2" tips are shown, then a b & w.

Anyway....starting with mutant leaves, in a 2 gallon fabric pot....what LED wattage are you using? Just curious.

Like Agent says, most of the FB results IC members showed were lack luster, or those (Elvis) showing a 3 oz plant. My experience growing 2 strains...while they grew ok (had better results from a dozen other seedsters, including ours), they hermied...not a good trait I want in an auto.

Interested to see LSD straight on with measuring tape, or size reference.

Also, did you LST at all?

I didn't train at all, I didn't think she would make it so I never trained her or even considered topping her. Had I of known she would recover I would have topped her.

I have her under 7 desk/clamp on lamps, some Amazon SILS 15 watts to 10 watts and some Walmart Great Value SIL's ith the diffuser removed, again the plant is growing on my desk. The plant would have done better under better lights, I just like to always have one growing in my room, so those shitty blurple lights work ok for this as they are not too bright and distracting for whomever might be in the room. I will look to get a full body shot of her for you soon, and a I appreciate your politeness.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typically you don't top an auto as it stunts/stresses them. That's why low stress training (LST) creates the optimum for autos. Some strains, yes, you can top early on because of their extended days (100-110) before harvest.

With so many fly-by-night newbies showing exaggerated Fast Buds pics the last few years, I can safely say, some of us are skeptical. Noobs come in with finished plant that doesn't resemble what we've seen with FB. And IC members that grew test seeds for FB have some inconsistencies, so it's best when you do show plants, bud pics, they are not distorted, especially ruderalis strains.

Basically, many folks on forums (not just IC) have the "pics or it didn't happen" mantra.

It does look a bit skewed (b&w pic) given all the problems you've encountered early on.
I think I know what APH means....aiming upwards to show a huge plant when in reality, it's a 10" plant, for example. That's why, as a newbie, showing us a shot with an object for frame of reference....it helps.

LittleMT

Some autos we top, such as Sweet Seeds Red Devil as they will grow larger then what I am looking for, Chem De La Crème by Memphisto is also a strain that loves a topping, but I agree with you, typically I leave them alone other then some leaf tucking. I never realized the bad press that Fast Buds gets, and being new to this forum and reading some threads (doubt I have seen them all) was surprised by this. And its too bad as they have a lot of offerings. As for my plant the whole grow sucked, very strange, until she hit flower. Prior to flower the plant always looked sickly, in manner I haven't seen, and I have been growing since 1981.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Shilling? If you dont like it bummer.
Still waitin for that full plant shot. Something like these maybe.
Dr Krippling - Krippleberry I'm pretty sure
picture.php

picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fantastic Agent PH!! Shows height/girth. Nice air pots & set up!

I still believe far less stress to LST, SCROG than injure limited-time-on-earth autos.

To each their own. Again, I've not seen week-by-week progress after being topped. That would be a boon on a forum and clear up the mystery why numerous tout topping, but only show pre-chop pic. Since many cannabis rags have paid advertisements, I'm skeptical after growing autos for 13 yrs.

Grow em if you got em. Show your work, straightforward.

Excellent job, APH!:yes:

LittleMT

I wont be able to get a good full plant capture probably until I remove her from the desk, which will happen on harvest day, then I shall get some sunlight images. Her stem isn't as thick as I normally see and her main cola is a tad heavy for her stem and sways more then I am comfortable with to move her. She is happy as she sits. She is 28 inches tall which on my desk grows I want even shorter then this. She has a Christmas Tree shape. Because she is surrounded by lights and little USB powered fans and a Alexa speaker (she gets plenty of music, right now she is enjoying Marty Robbins) it makes getting images not so easy and is why I have mainly shown some bud close-ups, shooting through the light fixtures. Here is another full plant image in the jungle of desk lamps.

And another shot of her main cola.

she still has more time to hopefully give me more volume. But to recap her grow, she did shitty in veg, was stunted, some leafs clawed, some didn't, all leaves had a strange texture to them, then she went into bloom and took off given her size and the SIL's for lights, and also she has been rarely fed, just a mixture of Fox Farm Happy Frog, Ocean Forrest and Coco Loco, and lots of microbes.

She is finally starting to fade as she draws nutrients from her fan leaves, as her time is now short..

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I wont be able to get a good full plant capture probably until I remove her from the desk, which will happen on harvest day, then I shall get some sunlight images. Her stem isn't as thick as I normally see and her main cola is a tad heavy for her stem and sways more then I am comfortable with to move her. She is happy as she sits. She is 28 inches tall which on my desk grows I want even shorter then this. She has a Christmas Tree shape. Because she is surrounded by lights and little USB powered fans and a Alexa speaker (she gets plenty of music, right now she is enjoying Marty Robbins) it makes getting images not so easy and is why I have mainly shown some bud close-ups, shooting through the light fixtures. Here is another full plant image in the jungle of desk lamps.

View Image

And another shot of her main cola.

View Image

she still has more time to hopefully give me more volume. But to recap her grow, she did shitty in veg, was stunted, some leafs clawed, some didn't, all leaves had a strange texture to them, then she went into bloom and took off given her size and the SIL's for lights, and also she has been rarely fed, just a mixture of Fox Farm Happy Frog, Ocean Forrest and Coco Loco, and lots of microbes.

She is finally starting to fade as she draws nutrients from her fan leaves, as her time is now short..
There we go! That isn't huge but it's by no means a bud on stick. :tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice job nursing that plant to what it is today! Looks like it will give you some smoke. Look forward to the smoke report.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
LittleMT:

I think that looks quite respectable considering your lighting situation.We all do what we have to do to fill our jars,and in the end,it's more about whether you are satisfied.I have a friend who grows with T8 Floros,and he is as happy as can be,and that is what is ultimately important.

I don't believe anyone is trying to pick apart your grow,but it's more about getting reliable feedback on the offerings of not only FB,but other breeders as well.

SP

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
^^^ Yeah that, I really hope you aren't taking anything in this thread personal, my posts are about my complete disbelief in FastBuds as a company.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Agreed. I hope my posts weren't implying anything personal. Just as APH said, it's about Fastduds.

You certainly have some skills to rock a plant like that with some clip lights out in the open on a desk. Really cool, thanks for sharing!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, looks great...thanks for showing it 'real'. Hope she fulfills your anticipation and smoke.

Latest posts

Latest posts