What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dosidos - 1st ever "Top Drip Irrigation" experiment

Kimura

i've got 8 Dosidos cuts in 1 gallon plastic bag pots. bags suck, i know, but figured i'd give em a shot anyway. got 50 for $10 on amazon.

i made a small dripper system recently, but still need to tweek a few things before everything set up with a pump and timer. it's basically a loop of 1/2" tube with the smaller 1/4" tubing coming off the main line. each plant will get 2 dripper stakes.

this is what things are lookin like right now

picture.php

Dabtime

The convenience of a drip system with a large stable reservior is too nice. I've fed with a higher ppm of around 1000 in 1 gallon fabric pots of coco at about 20% runoff at each watering 4 times a day. I've had similar results with no runoff around 6-850ppm watering 5 times a day, and once a week watering to about 25%+ runoff. With out all the extra runoff my reservior lasts a solid week. I use a kinda overkill 500gph mag drive pump plugged in to a digital timer that can go down to the second. The pump connects to a 1 inch line that has a small section of 3/16th hose at the top of the resevoir to work as an anti-siphon valve and it helps to mix my reservoir. That 1inch line has a ball valve at the top of the rez that then connects to a pvc manifold with 12 barbed 1/4inch connections with ball valves and length of open ended 1/4 inch line going to each plant site to further adjust flow. If you haven't had an automated watering system you're going to love it when it's dialed in, I'll stop ranting haha.

I'm excited to see your dosidos take off. Purple alien vision leds have always thrown me off, what light are you using for that space? What nutes?

Kimura

IDK why i haven't done this sooner to be honest. i'm working all the time now, so i dont have time to always do things on schedule, so this should be perfect.

i'm using a Mars Hydro Epistar 320 - 675w total

Base:

Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco Bloom
Botanicare CalMag

Additives:

ANs Voodoo Juice
GH Floranectar "Fruitnfusion"
Terpinator
ANs Big Bud

Kimura

i flipped the lights to 12/12 4 or 5 days ago, but im calling sunday day 1 of flower to make it easier on me.

picture.php

picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
IMO bags can be as fine as a teku pot, if you don't have good enough drainage, you can just poke some more holes.

I prefer pots, as I can reuse them many more time. And I do my best to limit, my everyday use of "disposable" plastic.

LungCooking

imo, only problem of bags is that when you need to move you disturb the rootball... thats why i avoid fabric pots too..

Nice plants!

Kimura

i'll try tp get some pics without the LED interference. everything is lookin pretty good. some weird lighter green fan leaves, but the buds are forming beautifully.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scorp1on

nice scrog, your dosidos is looking good, cant wait to see how my double funk(sour dosidos x headbanger) turn out

I heard dosidos is the bomb