What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars reflector 192 diaries

Ruby_Abu

Finally, i got my first LED grow light. It is Reflector 192 comes from MarsHydro.
I wanted to use it to replace 400W HPS light that i used for a few grows. :yummy:
I want to grow 4 OG kush in my 4x4 tent. Any recommendations on other seeds and grow medium? :wave:
The sales told me the light can get 1-1.5g each wattage. That is a big challenge to me. LOL. :smoke out:

Koondense

Veteran
I would suggest supplemental lights because this mars won't be enough for a proper 4x4 grow. More suitable for a 3x3.

Ruby_Abu

I would suggest supplemental lights because this mars won't be enough for a proper 4x4 grow. More suitable for a 3x3.

Really? The sales told me it can cover 4x4 size very well. I am waiting for the new 4x4 tent. I will check it. Thanks man.

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, try it and see for yourself.
I check the specs and it's a less than 400w led light, meaning less than 25w per square foot. By my book that's good for veg only.
Sales guys care for sales not specs.

Kimura

Have you tried Mars other lights? I was very interested in their Pro II 320 because a lot of people said it was nice. But the price fear me away. :hotbounce

i have a mars hydro epistar 320. i love it!!! had it for about 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. you can look through my previous grow diaries and see what i've done with it.

i recently bought a small Mars II 400 for a small 3x3 i'm doing with purple punch right now.

mars is great. idk why people talk shit about them or LEDs.

Kimura

Thanks for stopping by, bro.

Why are you so mad at Soil? Lol

soil IMO is great for outside. but when i'm growing indoors where i am tryign to control all aspects of the grow, the soil is difficult to account for. i'm tired of bugs and shit that comes in the soil. coco is SO much easier to grow in, plus the plants love it.

the grow faster and they seem to be healthier than soil plants. i've never had better roots either than in coco.

fuck soil and fuck organics. i'm tired of that stupid hippy no till shit.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The word 'fine' means it's alright. It will work. It will do. Some compromise can be expected.

I liked the 100w per foot LED diary I was looking at yesterday. Totally overkill. Great buds. I think there are examples around 25W in the lamp comparisons thread, posted in microgrow diaries. 33W looked pretty sweet.

Perhaps build a meter square net frame, and work within that. Some bits will reach out further, but not having bud leaning on the door is a good idea. Constant rubbing is certainly a smell issue as you open the door, and damages their appearance. We have also seen a greater number of banana's where susceptible strains have been physically disturbed. No further evidence than my own observations though.

If you make a frame, you can have the uprights extend higher than needed. Offering additional anchoring points for mylar, fans, extra lights, or an emergency net if things get too big. If you mylar round, leave the pots in view for watering and air to get up through the plants. This wall can further aid keeping the smell contained while the doors open.

I'm sure you could do the 1.2x1.2 but if you want some pictures on par with the better growers here, you should really target a smaller space, as they do.

Edit: By smaller space, I mean more illumination.

This particular light is suitable for 3x3 grow tent. The performance is good but not best. MarsHydro LEDs are high quality grow lights. I am using 2 MarsHydro grow lights from last 3years and they are working fine (no issue). Good for the veg stage.

Ruby_Abu

Ok, try it and see for yourself.
I check the specs and it's a less than 400w led light, meaning less than 25w per square foot. By my book that's good for veg only.
Sales guys care for sales not specs.

Opps. Mars sales told me the draw power is around 400W.If it is a little less than that, it will be ok for me.

I found that almost all led suppliers in this market say that LEDs don't need the same power as old school lights as higher light efficiency. Is it ture? Some Amazon sellers advertise that 400W LED can replace 1000W HPS. It is very crazy.

Ruby_Abu

i have a mars hydro epistar 320. i love it!!! had it for about 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. you can look through my previous grow diaries and see what i've done with it.

i recently bought a small Mars II 400 for a small 3x3 i'm doing with purple punch right now.

mars is great. idk why people talk shit about them or LEDs.

I checked the pictures. They are very impressed. I also researched a lot youtube videos about this light before i bought Reflector 192. As i have said, the price fear me away. lol.
How many grams you can get from that light? :yummy:

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Grown years with the 192x3 MarsHydro Panel... I was satisfied for what it is :)

picture.php

picture.php

Kimura

I checked the pictures. They are very impressed. I also researched a lot youtube videos about this light before i bought Reflector 192. As i have said, the price fear me away. lol.
How many grams you can get from that light? :yummy:

that's always the trick, isnt it?! lol. i'l let you know what i pull down in a few weeks with this sour joker. i feel like every time i grow, there is still some room for plant to take up that i'm not using. i'm trying to learn to be more efficient, with everything. light, water, nutrients.

my next grow is an 8 plant Dosidos coco grow in my 4x4 with the mars hydro Epistar 320 and my first ever top drip irrigation system i put together. hoping to get and train those a bit more than i usually do in order to cover as much area in the tent that i can to boost the yield.

Ruby_Abu

The word 'fine' means it's alright. It will work. It will do. Some compromise can be expected.

I liked the 100w per foot LED diary I was looking at yesterday. Totally overkill. Great buds. I think there are examples around 25W in the lamp comparisons thread, posted in microgrow diaries. 33W looked pretty sweet.

Perhaps build a meter square net frame, and work within that. Some bits will reach out further, but not having bud leaning on the door is a good idea. Constant rubbing is certainly a smell issue as you open the door, and damages their appearance. We have also seen a greater number of banana's where susceptible strains have been physically disturbed. No further evidence than my own observations though.

If you make a frame, you can have the uprights extend higher than needed. Offering additional anchoring points for mylar, fans, extra lights, or an emergency net if things get too big. If you mylar round, leave the pots in view for watering and air to get up through the plants. This wall can further aid keeping the smell contained while the doors open.

I'm sure you could do the 1.2x1.2 but if you want some pictures on par with the better growers here, you should really target a smaller space, as they do.

Edit: By smaller space, I mean more illumination.

Super suggestions, man. Appreciate it.:tiphat:
I think 100W each feet would hurt the plants. Maybe it is too much for them? I learnt that 25-55W each feet is the optimal data.
So i can get 25W each feet from this light in 4x4 tent. I think i meet the minimum standard. Lol.

Ruby_Abu

that's always the trick, isnt it?! lol. i'l let you know what i pull down in a few weeks with this sour joker. i feel like every time i grow, there is still some room for plant to take up that i'm not using. i'm trying to learn to be more efficient, with everything. light, water, nutrients.

my next grow is an 8 plant Dosidos coco grow in my 4x4 with the mars hydro Epistar 320 and my first ever top drip irrigation system i put together. hoping to get and train those a bit more than i usually do in order to cover as much area in the tent that i can to boost the yield.

8 plants in 4x4 grow tent. A little crowded for them. Maybe you can use scrog methord. I just want to grow 4 bigger plants. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts