What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Zen Garden 2019 (.. Golden Tiger, Destroyer)

rlsmooth

Luckily the monster Destroyer keeps on steaming.. nice trichs and smells of raw banana/honeysweet. Will need few weeks and is currently fattening up. Gonna break my personal indo plant yield with this I think.

NsrTO5wl.jpg

EFaRrOHl.jpg

VXc0VDUl.jpg

In hindsight there was clearly too much stuff in the soil for sativas like these, and me giving couple boosts of molasses( potassium) really fucked couple plants. My soil formula seems to work perfectly for indicas, but as I have couple of DT and Gt seeds left, I will grow em in the future with bottled nutes for better controllability.

But still this run was worth it,althought not as healthy as couple other runs, fruity gt and killler destroyer will provide me with excellent smoke for summer and rest of the year:)

rlsmooth

Cut smaller Destroyer today. It actually provided pretty decent yield and has pretty ok smell profile after all, more forest/pine type of aromas. Might actually be worth testing too! Also cut other GT and seems like it has some terps left too, buds are really fluffy and vine like..(Y)

Best plants will stay there for few weeks atleast, now they have alot space to swell. Will prolly wait till I see bit amber in both or smells start to decrease..

rlsmooth

Pic of smaller Destroyer trying, yielded decently in my setup.
dC3kKh4l.jpg

Trimming fluffty GT, people actually liked as a smoke without any cure, was suprised. Smells like thyme/ kitchen herbs
nNKEYm9l.jpg

rlsmooth

Funny as the big girls got more space, they started a new kick ass part of their life, drinking faster than ever and just seeming really happy, althought naturally yellowing at this point. Might actuallly be really close to cut because the smells are really awesome now and tent is fulll of fruity sativa goodness. Here's some nighttime pics.

Gt in the front
95k04uPl.jpg

CSWO10el.jpg

Destroyer coke bottle nugs
XMz2TjYl.jpg

rlsmooth

Destroyer starting to fall from it's own weight. Fruity aromas, pineapple 4sure, hints of mango and banana? Very close to end
c16h77Ql.jpg

Gt grows solid nuqs around it's stem that are pretty separate from each other, fruity mandarin/ gummy bear/ sour aromas
LMVHxS2l.jpg

ovcQTKXl.jpg

rlsmooth

What do you sativa experts think about letting sativas develope some Amber trichs? Saw a few in Destroyer today. I'm looking mostly for energetic killer head high, focused or confused no matter I just want buds that keep me going and dont make me passive. With that in mind Amber trichs might not be wanted? Or do they just soften the edges a little when it comes to Sativas? I'd appreciate any personal insights related to Gt or Dt on this matter!

rlsmooth

Cut em this morning. Hardest part of the grow was definetly trying to cut the stem with a blunt knife..almost reminded me of work.

cswXbzSl.jpg

AlS54PWl.jpg

1qljmROl.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Indeed wonderful job rlsmooth,

Excellent growing skills, looks like you have had a very successful pure sativa indoor grow despite the lamp broke at some point on the second half of flowering. This could stop a bit their flowering progress, but the good thing of these longer flowering sativas is that they are react very well when the strong light intensity is back, producing a new reflowering with plenty of new flowers.

The taller GT pheno is without any doubt a Thai pheno, with a much more open flowering structure and taller size, while the smaller faster flowering GT of mandarine aromas is the fruity Malawi pheno.

Thanks for sharing your experience and wish you enjoy the flowers of your well deserved harvest! ;)

rlsmooth

Thanks a lot Dubi and Syd!

It's still a learning curve for me with these kind of sativas as I have very little growing experience with em. I liked GT alot especially the fruity malawi pheno, cos it was alot more healthier and gave amazing aromas after it got through the beginning of flowering when it suffered from excessive nitrogen. I'll definetly grow more GT in the future I want to get success with the thai phenos too ;). Amazing breeding work with em, great vigour and growing power. These were the most demanding plants I've grown so far..by that I mean you have to be very aware of not giving too much nutes and really have to be on top of controlling height in indoor setups. But this can be read in your strain description too..had to see it with my own eyes :D

Currently I'm unable to consume weed due to possible drug tests in the nearby future, but this gives me time to cure the plants and enjoy em later, I expect a very nice sativa fueled summer..:p

rlsmooth

Such a pleasant way to start the day vaping GT and Destroyer in the same bowl..like cold summer breeze hitting your face. Makes you kinda serious for a while..intense effect :D. Both strains work fine mixed with Bubba Hash too, which brings that nice bodyslam to this deep mental high..

Interesting to see how these highs develop in the upcoming months but after 2 weeks of testing I can say these girls pack some power..GT aromas are sick when opening the jar..spicy like chili/pepper mixed with fruityness. So far GT been feeling more clear energetic and trippy, Destroyer more like hazy I would need to be sitting in a beach, with a girl in my lap , drink in the table andd few lines of columbian blanko - type of high... ;D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rlsmooth,

Glad you are finding Golden Tiger potent, clear, energetic and trippy :D
The joint mix with Bubba Hash must produce a really nice and powerful blend, rich in interesting terpenes. Glad you are satisfied with the first early smoking tests. :yes:

The harvest will only improve from this point after a proper and careful curing.
Enjoy it! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts