What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Return of the Angry Jamaican...(MalawiXCaribe)

Jammal

I'm not happy about this , but I needed to use the old food dehydrator for the majority of this harvest...

Only reason is , I need to move and can't be bothered trying to dry herb now...I need to be mostly jar ready for the move...I kept a few choice buds out to just air dry,,,,that's the small tray...

Also I don't have a stash built up yet, I need to have smoke, I refuse to buy now I have my own product....The next harvests will get proper treatment....I plan to be up and running the next couple round very soon...

Still got some drying to do, but shouldn't see too much more shrinking,,, we'll have a good weigh in tomorrow...get a rough estimate

Some purple on some of the buds that received the most time up against light... mostly matured,,,
I bet this girl and her sisters given time will tell turn beautiful colors.

Attachments

• IMG_20190422_173758336.jpg
    IMG_20190422_173758336.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20190422_173740215.jpg
    IMG_20190422_173740215.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20190422_173734542.jpg
    IMG_20190422_173734542.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20190422_173622957.jpg
    IMG_20190422_173622957.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20190422_173847503.jpg
    IMG_20190422_173847503.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 18

Jammal

Who can figure out GPW for 400 grams harvest at 130 days 12 / 12 from seed, with 180w led..???

That's a good conservative harvest estimate as dry as the buds are now in the dryer....I only weigh the ones in dryer here...

Attachments

• IMG_20190422_224945177.jpg
    IMG_20190422_224945177.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20190422_224326978.jpg
    IMG_20190422_224326978.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 19

Koondense

Veteran
400g/180W gives you 2.222...g/W.
This is an amazing result by any measure! Well done Jammal!

Hopefully the herb comes good out of that dryer.

Cheers

Jammal

I was thinking time was a factor in figure out G/PW....but I think it's based on 1 month 24/0 veg and 2 month 12/12 flower,,,Wich in case is the same amount of energy used 4 months 12/12. ,,so maybe it's correct.

G

GatorGumbo

Yea, gram : watts is just a ratio relative to yield obviously. You can compare that against kilowatts used overall to find your most "productive" strain.

Jammal

400g/180W gives you 2.222...g/W.
This is an amazing result by any measure! Well done Jammal!

Hopefully the herb comes good out of that dryer.

Cheers

Yeah, bud comes out pretty good out of these little dehydrator,,lowest heat setting is 95f.,,not much more than a warm air circulation...it actually seems to intense the terps.. still cures long term,.. just fine for making edibles and or hash oils.

A little harsh when burned the first few months...
But not sure how this stuff will be,, smells good,,sweet and clean,,,get a much better flush with hydro.

Really strong smelling herb this harvest

CowboyTed

What a fantastic grow. Thanks for sharing it with us!

I just saw your offer in another thread to share your seeds. I'm inclined to take you up on it, and add yet another Malawi cross to my outdoor garden this summer, and see how your hybrid performs outdoors. I'm also growing Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica and straight Malawi, as well as Panama and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian.

I just wish that I had seen your offer BEFORE you harvested that lovely girl. I'd have driven up to ski country just for a smell of that grow tent! (of course, your dehydrator may smell just as good!) Grapefruit and Mint sounds like an odd combination, though one I'd love to smell.

What other terps and phenos have you found among your Angry Jamaican seeds?

Jammal

What a fantastic grow. Thanks for sharing it with us!

I just saw your offer in another thread to share your seeds. I'm inclined to take you up on it, and add yet another Malawi cross to my outdoor garden this summer, and see how your hybrid performs outdoors. I'm also growing Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica and straight Malawi, as well as Panama and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian.

I just wish that I had seen your offer BEFORE you harvested that lovely girl. I'd have driven up to ski country just for a smell of that grow tent! (of course, your dehydrator may smell just as good!) Grapefruit and Mint sounds like an odd combination, though one I'd love to smell.

What other terps and phenos have you found among your Angry Jamaican seeds?

right on, I'm up in Vail,sous chef at one of the fancy restaurants.drop me a pm next time your making it up to the high country.

pretty uniform for a hybrid, they all kind of have a certain funk of their own, not Caribe and not Malawi...its a solid cross....but there is some special ones in the mix for sure.

Jammal

This is one I just left out to air dry, a few more days yet before it can jar....

I'll load a pic also of the dryer stuff in sun

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_111736412.jpg
    IMG_20190424_111736412.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 28

Jammal

Took about 3 oz and made some hash oil with everclear.... I'll probably make another batch, it turned out really nice...suprisingly easy and effective way to make hash oil safely and efficiently...also the product is very acceptable..

I'm thinking of getting more into the concentrates more simple to cut down on smoking...

Attachments

• IMG_20190501_004224253.jpg
    IMG_20190501_004224253.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 29

Jammal

smoke report

still a little green but the flush was good, clean sweet not harsh smoke, A little dry like some jack herer phenos,,,,incredible clear mental effect with a delayed rush of energy and waves after about 10 min...very red eyed...medium duration,,,no come down....very introspective....Ideal artist weed....you dont feel stoned,,,you feel high with very very positive thoughts....Very racy without being paranoid,,,electric,,,not good sit down weed

just tried the oil/sap melted into a bud.....ohhh good lord thats good....the effect is sublime...taste is very floral and honeysuckle hash honey flavor

Last edited:

CowboyTed

Oh man, the gang here at ICmag have a habit of describing highs that make me want to experience them.:tiphat:
Now, with the whole weekend free, and lovely weather (at last), I'm tempted to go for a drive up the hill and beg for a cutting!

I'm already growing Malawi, Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica outdoors this summer. I'm starting to feel like adding the Angry Jamaican to the garden party is meant to be: that will give me four different strains with various proportions of Malawi genetics. Just what the doctor ordered for the guy who is having tolerance problems lately. I haven't felt anything like a high for months. I'm hoping Malawi's strength will fix that problem for me.

OlDirtyHuman came over for a visit a couple weeks ago and brought a clone of the Ace Panama pheno that he loves. He wants to see how it performs outdoors since he only grows indoors now. I'll round out our six-plant flowering limit with Ace's Bangi Haze x Ethiopian.

All my planters are ready, and planting time is close!

CowboyTed

This cowboy has a grin on his face because he just met this angry Jamaican character, and we get along nicely! ;)

It was a pleasure to meet you, JAMMAL! I look forward to stopping by this thread later this summer to post some photos of the Angry Jamaican growing outdoors in Colorado.

Jammal

Nice meeting you also cowboy, I hope to make it to one of the gatherings...

You'll have to do a smoke report on the Angry Jamaican bud I gifted...have a good one bud brother.

CowboyTed

Nice meeting you also cowboy, I hope to make it to one of the gatherings...

You'll have to do a smoke report on the Angry Jamaican bud I gifted...have a good one bud brother.

Well, I suppose a smoke report is in order, since I just enjoyed re-reading your grow threads while under the influence of this angry lady. :smoker:

Well, angry may not be the right description. She's actually very pleasant for me. It is indeed a clear high, and still going nicely an hour later. But in my head, it produced the familiar tranquilizer effect I described today, rather than the waves of sensation you felt.

The terps are just beautiful. I look forward to seeing what other nice phenos come out of this bag of seed. The grapefruity-pineapple-ish odor is simple pleasantness.

I'm thinking about running two of these outdoors this summer: one can go outdoors as soon as it is hardened off, and we can see when it starts flowering naturally. The other I will germinate now, and then flip to 12/12 about June 15. I'll put it outside, already in flower, after the solstice. Since the nights are getting longer, it should not re-vegetate as a result of the suddenly-longer days.

Running both plants as experiments will help us learn how to grow them best in the future.

I look forward to my Malawi-rich outdoor garden this summer. Let's hope some of the experiments pay off with nice harvests.

Jammal

Sounds good cowboy.
You'll have to keep an eye on my silver cheese grow I just started.

There is some variety in the phenos, never found one I didn't like...like we were talking about lighting and spectrum,,,there is more to be had from the AJ than what came out of my last grow, still it was great quality...but I know more is possible..

Good luck on the summer grow can't wait to see these ladies in the mountain sun.
You should try making everclear hash oil

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Jammal,

Your smoke report sounds epic and intimidating :D

Your hybrid seems to really deserve deeper exploration of its potential. A breeding project of such scale (selection of 500 plants) will need lots of resources and efforts from your part, because you will need to label, clone and keep all the different parental plants
before make the final decision of which are the best ones, and to add consistency to your breeding in case you want to replicate the best parental combinations.

Best wishes on this project and on upcoming grows.

I will explore more of these seeds, I really like growing 12/12 from seed...but with my large quantity of these seeds, I might do a search for a keeper some time and pop ohh say 500 in an epic micro grow...lol...the ultimate solo cup challenge..haha

But who knows I might get the urge to start growing hash plants.

Fresh teaser bud shot

smoke report

still a little green but the flush was good, clean sweet not harsh smoke, A little dry like some jack herer phenos,,,,incredible clear mental effect with a delayed rush of energy and waves after about 10 min...very red eyed...medium duration,,,no come down....very introspective....Ideal artist weed....you dont feel stoned,,,you feel high with very very positive thoughts....Very racy without being paranoid,,,electric,,,not good sit down weed

just tried the oil/sap melted into a bud.....ohhh good lord thats good....the effect is sublime...taste is very floral and honeysuckle hash honey flavor