What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@CdM - I have some of the TPK S1's as well. I know I shared some with Critter, but I'm not sure if they germinated or not or even made the line up yet. They fall in that list of don't germinate the rest until I've figured out for sure to get things hitting at least 60% again. I also have old Lucifer OG F2's from MeltingPot and Rasputin. NL#5/Haze F2 Ottoman as well. Lot of stuff in the vault that I never got to

Back to the Sis x PK though. These were shared with me because of my love for Chem Sis. Best plant I've ever found was in Zoolander Chem D x NL. Turned out it was Chem Sis not Chem D. I only had 5 seeds as a freebie from a Seedbay purchase. That cut, is what I'm chasing, to be honest. It's the one that got away for me.

IMG_3798ds0.jpg

macro-2.jpg

macro-11.jpg

macro-3.jpg

Greyskull, was amazing, looked into his stash and produced 20 Sis x NL from Zoolander and sent them my way. I've never had a chance to spout them. They've gotten old. They are one of the main reasons I need to learn to sprout old seed!

MeltingPot also did me the kind favor of using my Digi Bx1 male pollen on Chem Sis, so I have some Chem Sis x Digi Bx1 seeds to get to at some point.

That's in part why I'm running a GG#4 cross. I think the Chem Sis in that cross is apparent in ways you can see how it contributes to the whole of what makes it great. It's also why I wanted to sprouted the Chem Sis x Topanga PK. Going to grow what I know I love rather than chasing the rabbit. The only way to find something similar again is to focus on seed.

All that aside, these Snow Monkey absolutely stank. At their 5th internode and only about 4" tall. I'm honestly considering starting to run the carbon filter. They STINK. Their veg leaves are glistening in the lights with early trichs. I'm really excited to see how these plants perform. That male was no joke and we all know GG#4 holds her own, even when outcrossed.

I've forgotten how much patience is involved with growing cannabis.

dank.Frank

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Nice man, get down to business!

Don’t sleep on the Lucy OG f2’s... I kept a cut Chaco selected for years. Anyways, dropped 6 of the sis x pk into water today, this should be fun :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
From Deezy's albums, for those not in the know:

View Image

View Image

Seattle 2014:
View Image

Denver 2014
View Image

Norcal
View Image

There is a good reason I've wanted to see what was special about this SSH. Whadeezlrg is an excellent grower. If he's held this cut close as special, and by all accounts people seem to love, then I'm certainly interested in seeing what the offspring might hold. Not just any breeders work either, mind you, but one of his close growing buddies, projects. Someone who also knows and has experience with the plant and how to work with her.

I guess if you haven't already, you need to check out @alwaysbeflowering on insta. You'll see he's working with some very interesting projects. FWIW - there wouldn't be a Forum GSC for all to enjoy if not for Abja Roots. He's been around since day 1 and knows what good cannabis is. I trust his male selection. The elusive SSH as a mother. Had to grow it.

dank.Frank

WTH is that!!!!!:woohoo:????

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@CdM - I agree fully about the Lucifer F2's. Special set of genes considering it was really the base line for all of Karma G's OG work. HA x SFV Bx. Nothing bad to find in that F2. :joint:

@LostTribe - those were won by Deezy with his SSH cut, which is the mother of the ABF Cobalt Haze. However, the seedlings are showing pretty fat leaves as of right now.

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
Your damn right the Snow Monkeys stink. I just pinched mine at the 4th node last week and just moving them little babies cause quite the Stank.
Never had plants this young smell so strong.
Going to be tough containing the smell once flowered

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Snow Monkeys went into 1/2 gallon today. Plants are thriving in the soil mix. I'm very pleased with the response so far. Leaves just keep praying. :joint:

The young plant I mentioned early that had indications of Digital Berry influence is without question a very intense blueberry smelling plant. The stem rub is so intensely dank. I'm always looking for that terp profile when sorting a Digi outcross. There is zero denying it when it's there. This is the plant I would have hoped to find even if I sprouted 200 of these seeds. I cannot wait to see what type of flowers this plant produces!!!

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@insomniac - Thanks! I'll try.

Here's a peak at the Snow Monkey. Going from the front to the back, phenos seems to be more influenced by: Digi/Sour Bubble, GROM, GROM/Glue. They are in 1/2 gallon and this should be enough for them to pre-sex. I'm not planning on keeping any males.

Leaves in the top left corner belong to Med Tree Suzy Q Bx2 female ready for transplant into 2.5 gallons. She needs to be cloned.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@nickman - Thanks!

Med Tree Suzy Q Bx2 female at 12" tall, in 2.5 gallons now, being vegged out for motherhood. I have no idea the CBD:THC ratio on this plant yet, but I'm looking for roughly 42:1 as a keeper. This would be roughly 12:.28. Time will tell. Never thought I'd find myself growing indoor hemp!!! :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
melty shared some topenga s1’s with me a couple years ago when he sent me the lucifer og x sis and some MESS fems. that tpk reversal was by globbyhill. maybe you have the same ones?

also here’s a sweet little tutorial on testing for cbd expression at home.

Inexpensive, Wet/Dry, Veg/Flower, 8-Minute CBD Test You Can Do At Home!

not sure how helpful that’ll be since the suzy bx is probably going to be all type ii and iii plants. but figured i link it anyway.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@CdM - They are loving the new soil for sure. I'm looking forward to flower. I can say for sure, it's not staying overly saturated and drains very well, but I'll have to make sure not to over water after transplant and give them time to spread and the bed to dry out. That I think will be my biggest adjustment.

@Heady - I'm not 100% but these seeds were made a bit before he did the Sis reversal. I'm fairly certain it was TC that made them. It may be moot though, because they aren't germinating. So goes the tale at this point. I'm just going to keep dropping more seed until I get the plants I want. Not going to spend any time crying over spilled milk.

That's the CBD test thread I was talking about being around here some where. I have read it a couple times. I was going to run the tests, but seeing as I only have two plants, it seems a bit moot. I'll flower her out and see what the cannabinoid ratios are when mature. That's the more important factor. Lot of low CBD being sold that can't be taken to full maturity because it "gets hot". I'm not sure it even matters though seeing as it's all being distilled to pure anyway, but there is a growing flower market for high CBD hemp, oddly enough. It's interesting to watch it develop. Lot of investors going to go broke because they don't know what to do or who to hire. The "experts" in commercial ag (ag reps) are laughing all the way to the bank and the farmers are coming up dry.

I know of several farmers, who let their Cherry Wine go to long and the THC level were 3%-5% with 14% CBD. To meet the required test parameters, they sent in sample that were ground up with fan leaves mixed in to be compliant in the test results. That means, there is product on the market with low levels of THC already. This was merely an attempt by farmers to save their asses on a crop they don't fully understand and invested heavily in.

This is one of the primary reasons I have such a massive issue with the absolute hacks putting out seed and hyping it up, when it ISN'T READY FOR MARKET yet. It isn't stable. It can't be field planted with confidence. It's going to harm the industry and get farmers trying to catch the worm in a bad situation. It's going to leave a negative impression in the eyes of those on the fence too.

I've been watching the hemp thing fairly closely. I've not dove into the deep end, but I'm watching.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
TONS of GREAT info in this thread man ...!!!... these are the type of threads I love reading ...!!!...

Those Lucifer OG seeds most def have FIRE in them genetics ...!!!...

Interesting about the CBD too ...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@nickman - Thanks for the good vibes. We'll find out how useful the information is come harvest! Could be a bunch of what not to do, although, I doubt it. Growth rates are fantastic. Moisture retention vs drainage is excellent. Just enough nutrients available that the leaf tips are showing the faintest yellowing on the tip, so I know the plants are being pushed along. Very pleased with the new mix so far.

ABF Cobalt Haze got transplanted a week ago and it got transplanted again today into 1/2 gallon pots. These two have a ton of vigor. I'd not be surprised if they need transplanted again in two weeks, but I'd like to think they will show sex before it's necessary.

picture.php

picture.php

Since the Snow Monkey are growing so compact, I pinched off the first internode to get some ground clearance and topped them at the 6th. This leaves 5 internodes - 10 branches to start vegging upwards.

Things are moving along. :joint:

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
Great show DF!

I had to raise the lights and pinch the Snow Monkeys because mine were compact as well.
I wasn’t expecting compact plants since the GG4 always had a stretch for me.

I gotta give you a ton of props. You have a great eye for breeding.
When I found this male you said we need to hit the GG4 and you told me a bunch of things you expected and hoped to see from the cross. I know we’re both only in veg but it all seems to be coming true!
A stronger branched GG4 with more frost and that Grom/digi added high sounds crazy

We really have to pop more of these once this round is flowered. We need to find that blueberry gg4for sure!

Heady killed it with his plants and that was just a 10 pack to find a keeper. And she was beautiful
He always makes we want to pop the OGXxSnowman. He talked so highly of them as well as the Snow Monkey

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I honestly think the 3 I have are female. Their growth rates and general stature doesn't seem male to me. If the one I'm hype on is a female, it's going to be killer. It's got the Digi smell 90% and super aggressive serrations with big fat overlapping leaves, where the center fan blade wants to twist a bit, like Glue. They should show sex in these 1/2 gallon pots.

I wouldn't be offended by an 8wk blueberry smelling plant that has Glue/GROM levels of frost on a more Sour Bubble type frame. I'll agree though. I'm a bit surprised how slow they are growing. These are seeming more like plants that need a long veg period rather than something I'll be able to flip as a clone in a SOG setup.

6 internodes, topped to 5, at the plants are 4" tall. I moved the light to about 15" away last week as well, trying to get them to leg out a bit. Nope. They are staying tight.

The Cobalt were started later and are all ready taller, and just forming their 3rd/4th internode. I think there is 1 male and 1 female there.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I must have been out of likes when I passed through that thread the first time. So I had to give it some love. Really great plants in the work that Phillthy did.

He had GROM. Loved it. He also had GROM x Grape Krush made by Retardo. That was the start of him trying to carry it forward. He saw it as an overlooked plant with greatness, and it's why he took it to Bx2, to try and preserve what others were not focusing on. (I still have some GROM Bx2 seeds, waiting until I figure out how to really make these old seeds grow...I actually have GROM x C99 seeds from Zoolander too)

@CdM - I'm hoping to find something remotely worthy in these "Snow Monkey". Glue/Grom in a mix mash, you really can't go wrong. And again, that male GF found was a true winner. I hope in three plants I find something that I miss more than a proper OG...that's the goal with every seed sprouted is to find something...better.

Getting stuck chasing clones really takes some of the fun out of growing. At the same time, you have no idea what to really keep unless you've grown the established elites to know what the standard is. It's a conundrum for sure.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts