What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Sweet Skunk? Any Good?

bigbadbiddy

He also has the best stealth shipping I ever came across ordering seeds :D

Fooled me so much when I had it in hand that I almost tossed the seeds in the garbage because I couldn't find them either. Had to mail him and ask and he had to explain it to me.
A++

The Blueberry... after I heard some bad reviews and made my own poor experiences, I currently have one at ~70 days flower and it looks like it could go a lot longer still.
Also is limpy and leaning. Looks very poor overall.

But it has some stuff to it. The budclusters are interesting and looking actually good, just the buds themselves look poor. I, too, think it is quite the finicky strain.
Not totally ready to write it off yet but the experiences so far tell me I should.

Still I am willing to chalk it up to my errors and continue growing his BB in the future. Also when I have refined my methods and can be more sure that it is not due to my environment/growing habits that the plants express so poorly.
Same goes for his C99. The Sweet Skunk I haven't tried yet but I think once i have improved on my side I will run the BB and C99 again in small capacity and if they are no total disappointments I will try out the Sweet Skunk next. If they are great after all, I will pop the ~50-60 beans I have left across the 3 strains from peak.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just now saw this thread for the first time, and I need to chime in and say Peak Seeds rocks. My initial grow out journal was linked on page 1 of this thread, and I like to think that was a pretty good real-time rundown, so check it out. I don't currently have any Peak varieties growing, but I ended up loving his Kush x NL so much that I began a stabilization program to make my own seeds of it. I've only taken it to F3 so far, but it's so freaking good!

Since this thread is about specifically his Sweet Skunk, I figure I should post a picture of my favorite SS pheno that I grew. I lost it due to moving, but it was phenomenal, both aesthetically and medicinally, and I think about it a lot. What a fantastic plant she was!!

P8hKMEt.jpg

XfLTlJE.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'd love to see those Kush x Nl plants hush. That's one of his strains I'd be interested in. That and his Texada crosses.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'd love to see those Kush x Nl plants hush. That's one of his strains I'd be interested in. That and his Texada crosses.

Unfortunately I don't have any recent pictures, but here is a shot of the F2 mother that I made F3 seeds from:

hL542Ij.jpg

I haven't begun working on the F3 generation yet, though, so I don't have any info to give you there. But I expect and hope that the results are similar to mama: short, squat, crystally, purple insomnia meds!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to grow 4 Sweet Skunks and got skunked. 3 would not grow and the weak 4th is a male I am quite sure. It will not even flower properly. No idea what happened as all other strains which are being grown the same way are doing fine.

hillbil

I grew Sweet Skunk and Sweet Skunk x Sweet Skunk for year and most all that I ran stayed short with nice semi hard a little fluffy nugs and would purple late. Tended to throw a double bud, like a comb flower, on lower branches. Nice fun highand zero couchlock.

I made KN F2s myself and have a big sprawling Sativa leaner show up 20% or so. Nice easy plants and female ratio is almost always over 50%.

bigbadbiddy

I just discovered I have 4 or 5 more Blueberries that have been vegged for around 6 months now (but with some neglect/unattended) and just took some care of them and transplanted them to 5 gal pots.
They will veg for another week or two now and then get flipped.
None of them showed preflowers but I suspect most of them will be male.

Still might have some more info on Peak's Blueberry.
These will also not be defoliated so they should give a better representation than the one I currently have going (that looks real shitty :( ).

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did get the one plant to flower though it was a runt. I just smoked a bit of it and it is a creeper. Took a few minutes to hit. Very clear, focused, maybe 'cold' type high. Hoped for more of a trip or euphoria but this would be work weed imo. Caffeine type effect I guess.

Not bad in any way just not that 'fun' or out there. I would smoke this before doing a chore I did not want to do and not worry about being too wasted to do it.