What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Sweet Skunk? Any Good?

nksv

no way mate, I am up for more info on that SS/C99. Growing out NB atm. Love to hear how you go!

Slab

Sweet Skunk x C99

Sweet Skunk x C99

Here are two Sweet Skunk x C99 i found after germinating a few Peak Seeds BC seeds of this cross.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cuttings from both plants root very easily. Flowering takes just over 9 weeks of 12/12
Very social high from both plants the Sweet Skunk leaning pheno being the racier of the two.
Both plants benefit from a long cure after which potency increases noticably.
Not particularly strong smelling, even after a cure.
Very nice plants to grow and i am onto my 3rd run with both of them and look forward to popping more of the seeds in the near future to see what else i find.
The pics above are from the seed run.

browntrout

Veteran
Grew his BB, SS, SB, NL, TS. All plants are "Big" in the sense that everything about them is oversized, width, height, bud size, leafs etc. 1.5x most strains. I think it's due to breeding for so long in his setup.

All outdoor, I crossed Texada Skunk out to NL (So would be similar to Northern Skunk).
Huge buds on almost all phenos! Massive!

Here's one, buds as big as my fist / long as my fore arm. Not the biggest one either, shortest.
picture.php

SS had some nice resinous plants that were tall and lanky. There are rocket fuel high in certain phenos, i'd say this would be dependent on cut time as well.

SB Not grown to it's potential:
picture.php

SB almost grown to it's potential:
picture.php

All looks fairly good as you can see, HOWEVER.... Strains all smell the same outdoor, NL smells like menthol/spice indoor - all i did indoors. they all smell like MJ more than anything just straight weed smell but not very strong. Nothing interesting and not much of it.

Highly recommended if you don't like smell or taste in your bud.

U

useless.gardens

keep peak in the stash always. got 20 bb. 10 kush x bb.

his skunk is the real deal.

U

useless.gardens

Didn't MJ/Peak mention that his SS turned out to be NL Haze? or another sativa that wasn't sweet skunk?

Did he tell me this or did I read it on the forum lol.

ive talked to mj a few times. never heard that. is he still breeding the sweet skunk? his bb is in my "to do" stash.

nksv

yep, he's still doing SS. I asked him if it can get trippy, his answer:

" As a strong sativa, it can be trippy. Personally, I like a
little anxiety and a high as oppose to a stone and my sweet Skunk
is my all-time favourite."

Might have to order some! haha

browntrout

Veteran
Which has been your favourite to smoke browntrout?

Seeing as they were all fairly bland outdoors I experienced the "rocket fuel" SS pheno of Texada Skunk, Can be found in SS as well i hear.

This was abnormal growing conditions for this plant and was cut early.

It had a somewhat euphoric adrenaline rush to it that would instantly make you active. Wore off quick. I think this show's itself only in certain setups.

I couldn't figure out how to replicate this however.

NL can be strong and didn't mix with alcohol, I seen someone smoke it, not drink and get sick.

I didn't continue to with peak due to flavor/smell, I do believe it is a different story indoors however.

If I was to buy seeds I'd buy the Kush x BB and Sweet Skunk 20-30 seeds of each and grow em all.

browntrout

Veteran
ive talked to mj a few times. never heard that. is he still breeding the sweet skunk? his bb is in my "to do" stash.

Apologies, looks like more to do with the original Sweet Skunk offering.

"The heritage was listed as Sensi Seed’s Big Skunk x Sweet Pink Grapefruit (a.k.a. Grapefruit) at the time, but Breeder Steve later speculated that the father was likely a NL x Haze male rather than a Big Skunk. This makes sense; the Southeast Asian “Hazey” bud structure is hard to ignore. Apparently, Steve had obtained two trays of clones for a grow, one labeled “Big Skunk” and the other “NL x Haze.”

hillbil

My SS which I made from Peak parents have always been short with long narrow leaves and not much branching. Buds are longish and never real dense. Leaves May purple late. Excellent herb but not for bedtime.

I crossed a SS with aNorthern Lights years ago and that may be my favorite. Plants of each strain look very much like each other in a strain. Good solid Genetics and very consistent. IBL's are very solid.

bigbadbiddy

Very useful, don't sweat it.

And I feel you mate, we were in the same boat until not too long ago.

The nuances and subtle differences and how to describe it will come now bit by bit.

You first need to establish a baseline of what you are working with now and how it affects you etc. etc.

Your previous "baseline" is now defunct because you are playing in a whole other league than previously with street bud.

You are now establishing a new baseline and will soon be comparing everything that comes after to it. You will start comparing future strains to this SSxC99 you grew and build a framework along the way.

I remember after my first round I was severely disappointed by the lack of terpenes, smell and taste. But I just had to understand first how much of a difference a solid cure makes and how subtle the differences are to street bud.

But once you realize the subtlety of the differences and put them all together, the difference is massive alltogether.

But the "lemon smell/taste" by itself could be negligible at first, especially before a good cure and you might have to get your baseline established before you can actually quantify it.

At the start I was like "ok, I never smelled/tasted any grapefruit from street bud, sure my organic bud will taste and smell like biting into an actual grapefruit".

Of course it wasn't but after a good cure and "training myself" with the new organic bud, it was very pronounced after a while and I could tell the grapefruity pheno apart from others just by the smell and by the way it smokes.

Just give it some time and don't worry about it, this is very useful info, if for no other reason than that there is little info on the strain online.

rykus

In the original emery seedss the sweet skunk was listed as grapefruit clone only crossed with a '95 sensi skunk male from one of the first emery batches fro
Amsterdam...

Cheers

I ran two SS x C99 ladies from seed last winter. They were a freebie. I'm glad I ran them because they were my best plants. If you're looking for a nice sativa that basically grows itself, give them a run. Mine had a soft sweet taste, similar to rockets candy. I'm just finishing up two northern skunks, one sweet skunk pheno and one northern lights pheno.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I second this, MJ has a wonderful sense of business ethics and treats his customers very well. One order I received was damaged upon arrival and he resent the order...no questions asked. Had another get lost in the mail and that too was resent. Both times he totally hooked me up and gave me more seeds than I had ordered.

I would't hesitate to order from Peak again.

Latest posts

Latest posts