What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

squatty

Dubi, I have a question. I purchased Erdpurt in 2015 and grew a plant that summer in a 20 gallon pot using organic soil. The plant grew to be about 3 meters tall. Why was it so much taller than the plants you have growing? Was it mainly the pot size?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi squatty,

That's a good question :) Our ErdPurts from this season were planted a bit late in the season (late May), so being a very fast flowering strain (semi autoflowering indeed) they haven't had the chance to have a very long growing stage, they are being grown in 7 liter pots (smaller pots than yours).

Another thing to take in consideration is that ErdPurt was originally bred by Knospe and Esben at around 50ºN latitude so they react to flowering much earlier here at 37ºN latitude, with our shorter days in late spring/summer.

I have done 4 breeding generations in regular format since we received the line from esben, to fix the character and best desirable traits of the line, but at the same time to try to improve ErdPurt indoors adaptability and to eliminate (or at least lowering down as much as i could) the hermie tendencies that the line had as we originally received it.

The ErdPurt fem release was bred with the best and firm ErdPurt parental plants that arised throughout all these breeding process. Hope it helps with your doubt!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pollinated ErdPurt family flowering in mid August

Pollinated ErdPurt family flowering in mid August

The pollinated ErdPurt family flowering in mid August, with a pure PCK in the front center, so you can compare the differences about how both strains differ in their reactions to start the flowering outdoors.

Third pic is a pollinated and resinous ErdPurt female from the feminized release, maturing her precious seeds.

Attachments

• ErdPurt pollinated family flowering in mid August.jpg
    ErdPurt pollinated family flowering in mid August.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 112
  • ErdPurt pollinated family flowering in mid August2.jpg
    ErdPurt pollinated family flowering in mid August2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 111
  • ErdPurt fem pollinated mid August.jpg
    ErdPurt fem pollinated mid August.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 121

Theorganicguy

Hi squatty,

That's a good question :) Our ErdPurts from this season were planted a bit late in the season (late May), so being a very fast flowering strain (semi autoflowering indeed) they haven't had the chance to have a very long growing stage, they are being grown in 7 liter pots (smaller pots than yours).

Another thing to take in consideration is that ErdPurt was originally bred by Knospe and Esben at around 50ºN latitude so they react to flowering much earlier here at 37ºN latitude, with our shorter days in late spring/summer.

I have done 4 breeding generations in regular format since we received the line from esben, to fix the character and best desirable traits of the line, but at the same time to try to improve ErdPurt indoors adaptability and to eliminate (or at least lowering down as much as i could) the hermie tendencies that the line had as we originally received it.

The ErdPurt fem release was bred with the best and firm ErdPurt parental plants that arised throughout all these breeding process. Hope it helps with your doubt!

Hello Dubi

I'd love to grow some Erdpurt next year, but can't decide between the Erdpurt and PCK X Erdpurt, what are the main difference in the aroma of the two if I might ask?

When do you think erdpurt would start flowering when grown at 47N?

Thank you
~Theo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Theorganicguy,

It depends when you start to plant ErdPurt outdoors, the semi autoflowering purple ErdPurt phenos with stronger purpurea ticinensis influence tend to flower after just 3-4 weeks of life, on the other hand the green phenos tend to grow bigger and flower slower, but all the different ErdPurt phenos will finish at your latitude, remember that the line was originally developed in a very humid and rainy climate around 50ºN.

Regarding PCK x ErdPurt, this hybrid doesn't produce typical hashplants, it's a quite rare (yet interesting) expression between both PCK and ErdPurt gene pools. But she is very very mold and cold resistant.

If you are looking for a high yielding, vigorous and more consistent ErdPurt hybrid, then i would highly recommend our recent Early Bubba Hash limited edition, it also contains high CBD content in case you are interested in strains with remarkable CBD content.

Hope it helps with your doubts :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ErdPurt 2017 seed harvest and selection about to finish

ErdPurt 2017 seed harvest and selection about to finish

We are about to finish our latest ErdPurt regular reproduction and selection, just taking the last pics of the latest finishers, taking the last breeding notes to keep the breeding tracking of the strain for upcoming years, etc ....

It has been a quite positive and successful ErdPurt reproduction and selection :)

We have been able to find remarkable parental plants coming from seed of all the different expressions of the line, from the very purple and early flowering Purpurea ticinensis phenos, to the bigger, higher yielding green afghani hashplant phenos (more related to the original Erdbeer clone) and phenos inbetween, even the more elusive pink pistil pheno! ;)

We also have pollinated our best ErdPurt mothers we keep in our mother room from previous selections/generations of the strain. So summing up, we have been able to keep the genetic diversity of the line and improve the line with certain plants that are over the average regarding quality of traits.

First pic is the pink pistil ErdPurt cola with the other huge ErdPurt colas in the background.

Second pic is a detail of the pink pistil pheno.

Third and fourth pics are more classic green ErdPurt flowers, while fifth pic shows a beautiful blend of green and purple traits in a single ErdPurt plant.

Last pic shows the very purple stems coming from purpurea ticinensis.

Thanks for following this reproduction friends! :tiphat:

Attachments

• ErdPurt ES 2 pink pistil cola with towers on the back.jpg
    ErdPurt ES 2 pink pistil cola with towers on the back.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 91
  • ErdPurt ES 2 bud pink pistil detail.jpg
    ErdPurt ES 2 bud pink pistil detail.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 125
  • ErdPurt EA 3 bud.jpg
    ErdPurt EA 3 bud.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 75
  • ErdPurt EA 3 bud2.jpg
    ErdPurt EA 3 bud2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 70
  • ErdPurt EA 3.jpg
    ErdPurt EA 3.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 75
  • ErdPurt purple purpurea ticinensis stems.jpg
    ErdPurt purple purpurea ticinensis stems.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 121

Theorganicguy

Welcome Theorganicguy,

It depends when you start to plant ErdPurt outdoors, the semi autoflowering purple ErdPurt phenos with stronger purpurea ticinensis influence tend to flower after just 3-4 weeks of life, on the other hand the green phenos tend to grow bigger and flower slower, but all the different ErdPurt phenos will finish at your latitude, remember that the line was originally developed in a very humid and rainy climate around 50ºN.

Regarding PCK x ErdPurt, this hybrid doesn't produce typical hashplants, it's a quite rare (yet interesting) expression between both PCK and ErdPurt gene pools. But she is very very mold and cold resistant.

If you are looking for a high yielding, vigorous and more consistent ErdPurt hybrid, then i would highly recommend our recent Early Bubba Hash limited edition, it also contains high CBD content in case you are interested in strains with remarkable CBD content.

Hope it helps with your doubts :)

Hello Dubi,
thank you very much for taking the time to answer, in case it wasn't clear, I really appreciate your work, saving precious genetics.

I was looking for the famous "strawberry taste" the erdbeer line seems to have.

I was looking into cbd high strain as well, but taste is all I am looking for in the options you mentioned, at least at the moment.

Thank you very much

~Theo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theo,

Thanks for your kind words. I don't have first hand experience with original Erdbeer clone, only with ErdPurt seed line. ErdPurt has already been bred quite a few generations further from the original Erdbeer clone so ErdPurt now has its own character and it's probably quite different to original Erdbeer clone.

ErdPurt green phenos usually have a more classic afghani hashy, piney, earthy terpene profile, while the more colorful ErdPurt phenos are more 'berry'. The more i explore ErdPurt line the more i believe that Purpurea ticinensis was a semi autoflowering colorful strain from Nepal.

If you are mainly after a strong strawberry aroma/taste then i would recommend you Violeta fem, it's our strain that produces more remarkable forest fruit terpenes (strawberry and blackberry) and in a more consistent way.

If you are looking for a high CBD strain then Early Bubba Hash is a great choice, recent analysis in the lab are showing that Early Bubba Hash has a uniform high CBD chemotype with quite CBD content (around 10-11%).

Hope it helps.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The more i explore ErdPurt line the more i believe that Purpurea ticinensis was a semi autoflowering colorful strain from Nepal.

And what about Pakistan instead of Nepal where perhaps PT is coming from?

OnceUpon

hey Dubi, check out a recent thread by a fellow name neogreen and his report on "blue hemp Nepali" baglung nepali landrace with many simmilarities to PT.
comes to the same conclusion as you.

cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
And what about Pakistan instead of Nepal where perhaps PT is coming from?

Hi mexcurandero420,

It was a mere assumption, but my bet would be that Purpurea Ticinensis side of ErdPurt resembles a lot the old wild nepalese sativas i used to grow in my teen years. Cannot fully confirm it, as i didn't breed Purpurea Ticinensis.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hi mexcurandero420,

It was a mere assumption, but my bet would be that Purpurea Ticinensis side of ErdPurt resembles a lot the old wild nepalese sativas i used to grow in my teen years. Cannot fully confirm it, as i didn't breed Purpurea Ticinensis.

Could be.Unless pure seed is investigated by Phylos, we'll never know where the German ladies where Felix got the PT from,got their variety.Nepal is easier to go for a holiday than Pakistan and you'll very colorfull varieties in Nepal like the Bluehemp Nepali.:D

Erdpurt

Erdpurt

I am growing out my first Erdpurt, only vegged 3 1/2 weeks (from when it popped.) Flipped her 12/12 - 5 1/2 weeks ago, and even though she's short & stubby it looks like it's going to be solid bud, and I like that... :dance013:

Last edited:

OnceUpon

DUBI! thanks for the erdpurt. i saw the site update. now im curious about CBD content... do you know how often plants rich in CBD occur? are there low cbd individuals? 3 seeds of fem line. what should i expect?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am growing out my first Erdpurt, only vegged 3 1/2 weeks (from when it popped.) Flipped her 12/12 - 5 1/2 weeks ago, and even though she's short & stubby it looks like it's going to be solid bud, and I like that... :dance013:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75521&pictureid=1809977&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Hi BeaverIslander,

ErdPurt is a highly inbred afghani hashplant and after so many generations of inbreeding its vigor is not the best in its 'pure' form, it grows a bit slow at the beginning, that's why longer growing periods are recommended to achieve better yields with her.
ErdPurt crosses are much more vigorous and better yielding.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
DUBI! thanks for the erdpurt. i saw the site update. now im curious about CBD content... do you know how often plants rich in CBD occur? are there low cbd individuals? 3 seeds of fem line. what should i expect?

Hi OnceUpon,

As you already know, our latest cannabinoid analysis done with ErdPurt at the lab confirm what we already suspected, that the strain has a stable and remarkable CBD content.

It's very stable for its main THC:CBD 1:1 chemotype, almost every ErdPurt plant has a similar content of THC and CBD (around 6-7 % for both), although there's another less frequent chemotype with a 1:3 THC:CBD profile, very similar to the Early Bubba Hash chemotype.

So, to answer your question: all the ErdPurt we have analyzed have remarkable CBD content (between 6 and 12 %).

I will explain a bit more in detail about our new CBD rich releases in the upcoming days. Thanks for your interest! :)