What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SEARCHING for winner CheeseHaze, AfghanDieselHaze and SourPoison Keepers

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well well, today at lights on i was pleasantly surprised to see that no plants died except 2 tinny drowned ones that i should have culled anyway and a few lower branches. lost a shit ton of foliage though, it remains to be seen how badly it will effect yields. so far it was nice to see the Sour Poison giant staying strong. 1 or 2 plants have leaned over and will need to be tied up, for the rest i'm thinking i might have been lucky and not have to start all over with new clones. would make it harder to start choosing which females to keep. at the moment i have over 40 different phenos and making them all into mums would make the veg space really crowded. i can fit in a maximum of 36 plants in my mum space. time to decide which to cull, i did notice a slow rooter that still didnt make roots come out of the rw cube, while other have already grown enough to make a clone off them, lol. anyway it was very stressy for the plants and i really hope the yield potential doesn't go down too much.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Notes for my use

Males:
72, 73, 40, 38, 29, 22, 64, 53, 54, 8, 24, 9, 26, 2, 49K,75, 70, 42, 23, 6, 3, 25, 37, 65, 55, 62, 46, 21, 19, 33, 16, 43

Culled so far:
12, 14, 27, 50, 52, 56, 57, 68

Day 52 of 12/12

the wilt phase caused them to lose a lot of foliage, what did survive got the tips burned from the sudden high salt level in the root zone. still the main colas all survived and are looking pretty good slowly. not seeing as much trich coverage as my winter run, but thats normal as we have had a heat wave and temps have been on the high side. still the genetics are such that it will not matter except maybe for the hash making.

picture.php

fan hugging plant is a stretchy afgdieselhaze, the ones on the left near the wall are cheese haze.
picture.php

sour poison lady, 1 of her colas, finally we have a smell starting to kick in with this lady, she might well need a few weeks more at this rate, lol. we will see, maybe she will hurry it up a bit in the end, we will see.
picture.php

even though they are leaning over on each other a bit, i love this pic as it's showing you some of the variation in there in terms of bud build etc.
picture.php

SP in front, and a bunch of dieselhaze from the back row
picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
continued from above...

continued from above...

i know it's chaotic in there right now, so at the latest when i harvest them i will take the time to take a pic with the number label on it, this will make it easy to keep track of which plant did how.

picture.php

hehe another stretchy afghan diesel. this cross has a lot of power in it. it's getting damn crowded in there.
picture.php

picture.php

sourpoison cola left to grow, the other main cola from that plant was tied down so remained at canopy height, while this one stretched to the roof, lol. it's a bummer as the other sour poison pheno pic is all blurry so can't really post it. but will definitely get good individual plant pics come harvest. i think we are gonna find many of these plants showing a lot of yield potential with multiple colas.
picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Note:
Plants 1 to 24 are Cheese Haze
plants 25 to 48 are Afghan Diesel Haze
plants 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 61, 62, 63, 64, are Afghan Diesel Haze
plants 49, 50, 57, 58, 59, 65, 66 are Sour Poison
plants 67 to 77 are Cheese Haze

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
hey bro sorry to hear about your troubles...

shit happens man, looks like you are still rocking it out!

I like the coco slabs and that is a interesting discovery about the males...

have you ever had any plants hermie in that spot that didn't hermie in other parts of the room?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
had very little trouble with hermies in that space. didnt find any hermies in any of this cross yet. thing with the males is they like chose the best possible spot, the incoming air current would have spread the pollen all over the other plants. what freaks me out is that biologists say that seeds are supposed to be preordained to be either male or female. so the plants must be expressing male traits because of the ideal location they are in for males. i mean it has happened 3 times.

as for the buds they are really starting to pack it on now, have reduced their ec to 1.4 in the last week. don't want to push them at this stage, just let them tick over and get ripe.

i'm seeing some clear differences in the buds now, starting to see the early finishers putting some color in the buds and swelling up those calyxes. really looking forward to start smoking these buds.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this should help people to get a better understanding of whats going on, specially for myself lol.

10 coco slabs, 4 cubes in each slab, 2 seedlings in each cube. numbers and configuration demonstrated bellow, each 2 rows of 4 numbers represents one coco slab, so basically what you see is 2 rows of 5 coco slabs next to each other:

1---3----5----7)____( 41---43---45---47
2---4----6----8)____( 42---44---46---48

09--11--13--15)____(49--51--53--55
10--12--14--16)____(50--52--54--56

17--19--21--23)____(57--59--61--63
18--20--22--24)____(58-- X---62--64

25--27--29--31)____(65--NA--68--70
26--28--30--32)____(66--67--69--71

33--35--37--39)____(72--74--75--76
34--36--38--40)____(73--na--na--77

plant id and no.

Plants 1 to 24 and 67 to 77 are Cheese Haze.

Plants 25 to 48 and numbers; 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 61, 62, 63, 64, are Afghan Diesel Haze.

Plants 49, 50, 57, 58, 59, 65, 66 are Sour Poison

Culled Males:
72, 73, 40, 38, 29, 22, 64, 53, 54, 8, 24, 9, 26, 2, 49K,75, 70, 42, 23, 6, 3, 25, 37, 65, 55, 62, 46, 21, 19, 33, 16, 43

Culled Females so far:
12, 14, 27, 50, 52, 56, 57, 68

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
Nice selection GM :biggrin: Doing a bit of seed hunt myself atm. I like how you have things numbered and laid out, might borrow this idea for my next batch :respect:.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice to see you Mister_D, phenotype hunting from seeds is most satisfying way to find your keepers imo.

yeah the numbers are so i will be able to know which mums to keep and which ones to discontinue from each cross. figured i better get it posted up too, this way i can always check back as things progress. it would be ideal if i can narrow things down to not more then 5 mums of each cross, but that will depend on how unique their attributes turn out to be, but as i won't know till they are dried and at least 2 weeks cured i will just have to run all of them again in clone form next run. good in a way, cause some clones don't perform the same as the seedling did. some times the clone outdoes the seedling for flowering time and even the strength of the high, due to over all maturity one finds in clones. speaking of which, it's slowly time to start making a new batch of clones from the 36 ladies i selected to be mothers. will be nice to keep them a bit smaller when i flower the next batch from clones directly.

Mister_D

Veteran
Couldn't agree more. I have access to just about every strain you can imagine here in med-ville. Yet I rarely bother with things found in the mainstream market, even when choosing seeds. Besides I like to select for the traits i'm looking for, not the ones someone else deems superior :biggrin:. I really enjoying the act of sampling each seedling and judging it's characteristics also.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah there is something cool about making your own cross and finding great keepers yourself. mind you i would have a hard time resisting certain genetics if i could get them in a local place lol. even though, many a clone i've received turned out to be a time bomb of pests just waiting to spread to your moms. it's nice to have both options though i guess. used to love it when we had something that was as close to the original WW that you couldn't tell the difference available in local grow shops on order. really would love to get her back.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
day 62 of 12/12

day 62 of 12/12

I harvested the first Cheese Haze plant no. 74, she was looking nice and ripe. anyway here some pics after the trim but still fresh. i flushed the plant separately, as the rest of the ladies are still looking fully white.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

still need to practice with this camera, but you can see that the trichome heads are mostly milky, probably could have used another day or 3.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
new batch of clones cut yesterday!

i cut some 49 clones from the 36 mums i kept, although 2 of the plants were not in good shape as they got drowned by their neighbors due to growing too slow, so no loss really, i want vigorous growing plants. i will need 40 beautiful clones to fill up the space again for the second test, this time with clones. made the extra 9 clones so i can select the nicer ones to actually run. so that leaves me 2 weeks to let these ladies finish at their own pace. have begun with plain water, as the majority are starting to look like they are close.

day 65 of 12/12
at this point i have a few of the afghan diesel haze ladies looking like they can use more time yet, even a couple of cheese haze phenos are looking very white, but mainly the 2 tall Sour poison ladies are looking like they could keep going another 10 days easy. so might have to feed those by hand now and then to keep them strong while the rest are getting their plain water coco slab flush.

i am wondering if i can do another run using the same slabs? as these ladies got a lot bigger then normal and where left without water a couple of times, they made a very strong root system. so not really sure if i can just do my usual method of cutting the rw cube off and leaving the roots in the medium. maybe i should change them as they are on the 3rd run now and i am having these thrips still bugging me.

draztik

Veteran
Looking amazing gaiusmarius, there must be some giant ladies in there with those genetics.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
there are some pretty decent colas in there for sure, although not all of them did equally well with the relatively high ec levels i was using in the early flowering stage. once i fine tune the feeding they should produce even better, specially when i run them from clones.

a couple of the girls in there are so tall they are literally just about touching the ceiling. alas their top buds are not getting full light, so the section just below the top look more mature and compact then the top, lol. it's the afghan diesel haze and the sour poison that are the real stretchy biatches.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
day 65 of 12/12

day 65 of 12/12

ADH 51 continued...
picture.php

CH 15, crap yield, weak smell
picture.php

ADH 39, superb smell and great potential, grown right along the wall, fat curly calyx hair
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php