What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trim Pro Rotor

G

Ganja D

It is as simple as this,.. People who like trim machines just don't understand,appreciate,or respect quality cannabis. It's that simple,if you like machines you just don't get it,period...

bs0

It is as simple as this,.. People who like trim machines just don't understand,appreciate,or respect quality cannabis. It's that simple,if you like machines you just don't get it,period...

You have no way of determining my mindset or what I "get". Your statement is insulting and myoptic.

Regularly I am told that my product is the best that people have ever had. I grow full aero and use the full line of organic pure blend pro and all of my current strains are reservoir Seeds.. I suppose all measures I have taken to have the best product possible are negated by the method used to remove the deleterious material? I come on now, and there is no need to come here and flame.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
.....bs0--------> What type of time/lb do you get? Once we started just plucking buds by hand we started getting a bit faster.

2 people; one bucking, one running the machine and resetting the room while the pile builds. We reset the room and cleaned up with 2#s trimmed and on the racks in about 3.5 hours. Would have taken ten w/o el machino.
bso said:
Still a # every 1hr and 45min. Which gives me back precious time,.... to waste on icmag. lol

bs0

Let the haters hate bs0. You and I will be enjoying the fruits of our labor, or lack of labor, while the others are still trying to get caught up.

Personally I need the mechanical advantage or I would never get to see the light of day. If I was getting complaints about the trim job or quality of the product in any respect the machine would be gathering dust in a corner. But the way it stands my products get asked for by name because of the quality and the fact that the only thing in the bag is smoke-able buds; no sticks, no stems, no seeds.

bs0--------> What type of time/lb do you get? Once we started just plucking buds by hand we started getting a bit faster.

2 people; one bucking, one running the machine and resetting the room while the pile builds. We reset the room and cleaned up with 2#s trimmed and on the racks in about 3.5 hours. Would have taken ten w/o el machino.

3.5? Damn. I have to step up my game! :tiphat:

I run rotating racks and this week I have two racks finishing at the same time.. 3# had me scared in the old days... See if I can match your 1.75/h rate.

down2grow

How long are you guys letting the bucked buds sit before they go into the rotor? Me and my buddy piled up a small basket before we started putting it into the rotor and it's definitely not as tight as hand trimming. We were actually thinking about raising the blades. Maybe it wasn't as tight because the leaves were getting stuck to the buds while in the basket? Trimming again in 2 weeks so any input would be appreciated!

bs0

How long are you guys letting the bucked buds sit before they go into the rotor? Me and my buddy piled up a small basket before we started putting it into the rotor and it's definitely not as tight as hand trimming. We were actually thinking about raising the blades. Maybe it wasn't as tight because the leaves were getting stuck to the buds while in the basket? Trimming again in 2 weeks so any input would be appreciated!

I'm about to go do some trimming myself... fire up the machine again. I would say that any time that the bud sits after being bucked before getting run through the machine will be detrimental to the trim job. When the leaves get stuck to the buds or compressed together it makes it harder for the machine to cut them.

bs0

Today I did my first try with the machine on some plants who had their pumps die (so they dried out and died). The plants were like 1.5 days worth of dried and the machine did NOT work at all on them. It tore them apart for that matter.

So if you pluck it straight off the plant and into the machine, it does a fantastic job. If you wait much time at all it really gets worse and worse to the point of unusability.

_Dude

It used to take two people about 6 hr per lb (12 man hours per lb? We never really used to bust our ass or anything but that time is an estimate, the time today with the machine I deliberately kept track of).

That seems really slow to me. I don't religiously keep track of how long it takes me to trim my harvests but I know it isn't 12 hrs to trim an lb. Not even close. More like 5. But I do most of my trimming after it's dry, though. It takes me about 45 minutes to get an lb off the stem. I don't bother with taking off any leaves, I just want the bud cut off the main stems. Then I throw it all onto drying racks for 7 or 8 days. Then comes the real work, trimming it down to bag-ready status. I don't time it, but 4 hours is in the ball park.

12 hours is really, really slow to me. I don't know if that's because you're working with fresh bud, or what.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks for sharing everyone, Op. this is the same machine im thinking about getting for my setup, and it is hard to find good info on it. good to hear two sides too. love IC

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
What is the best trimmer to get exclusively for pop corn buds after cherry picking? I don't mind the trimming by hand of the large bud. It is simple with the strain I have - it is just the hard round tiny buds that blur my vision after an hour. Thank you and excellent thread!

TGT

E

ekomsi

So I just harvested 48 plants hand trimmed all the tops and with 25 plant bottoms (medium/small/larfy nugs) left I decided to rent the trim pro rotor. I plan on buying one by the end of the year! It works so good for the small nugs and stuff you hate to trim after hours and hours of trimming.

We chopped, stripped, and trimmed 25 bottom half of my plants in less then 6 hrs. I wish I rented it a couple days ago. I would recomend the trim pro rotor for large amounts of medium small and larfy nugs

Just trimmed 15,941 grams wet in just a hair under ten hours. Solo. Strain was pineapple express which the machine liked better than grape ape. Invaluable tool.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just watched the YouTube video. Pretty cool machine.

I'd be worried about the trichromes getting knocked off as the buds get batted around over and over again.
hiya all, great news you found the trimmer good to work with,my concern was/is the same as the above quote, that you will lose a lot of trics off the buds, thats the main reason i went for a bonsai hero, where you have total control and dont lose trics or as many,yes it takes longer then a pro trim or trim reaper but i feel [imho] that end quality seems better, peace and regards s2

Last edited:

St3ve

The trichs do get pushed down some, but it really doesn't effect anything. I can look into my bin of curing bud that's been through the trimmer and it still is caked with trichs.

Everyone's different.. for me, my time is worth more to me than having a bud that looks "slightly" nicer. I mean it would be different if I wasn't getting complimented on, and top dollar on said bud.

A

ak-51

So I am considering replacing my shitty generic trimmer with a Trim Pro Rotor. I have a couple of questions first:

It appears that the cutting blades do not have fan blades attached to them. So is there no air pulling the trim down through the grate? Does this negatively effect the machine, when compared to machines that do have air moving down through the grate?

They sell the Trim Pro Rotor with and without the workstation. The difference is about $200. If there is air flowing through the grate at a high rate I could see the need for the mesh catch bag. If it is just gravity that moves the trim down through the rack then I could just put a box under it right?

Are there brackets to mount the Trim Pro Rotor on a wall or shelf, like with the Trim Box? Or is it too heavy to mount from only one side and it must sit flat on a surface?

correct, no air pushing trim down.

no way to attach it to a wall.

my stand was delayed, so I set it on the counter for the first couple of uns, worked great, just pick it up and collect your shredded trim.

A

ak-51

Hm. I feel like maybe the stand is a little bit overpriced then.

I was thinking I could make one out of angle iron. The plus is that I have a bunch of spare angle iron sitting around so it wouldn't cost me anything.

The other option would be getting a similarly sized (to the stand) trash bin and cutting a hole in the top. The bonus here is that when not in use I could just take the lid off and drop the machine into the can, then replace the lid and store it.

$1435 is about the cheapest I am seeing this thing anywhere. Anybody have anywhere cheaper to get it?

C&J

I manage a trim business for the last two years and we found using the twister original when the product is wet and then once dry we run it through the trim pro rotor. A couple Oz's at a time 30 to 40 seconds and it's onto the harvest helper for stem and crows feet removal. Two girls run through nine units a day using this method. I highly recommend the trim pro rotor.

Latest posts

Latest posts