What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

Iron Lungs

i would think that you would let her go 8-10 weeks after she shows sex! it might take an extra 25 days, or how ever long it takes her to show than you typical AF strain but i guess it all depends on what the weight outcome is!!! + the fact theres alot of dank out there that isnt auto's right now!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Nice man, Ive started some BigDevil & MI5 just, with some other AF's too, got Some standard too, Swisscheese & Blackberry & Sweetpurple. Looking into the 60/60 force flower tec for outdoor this season, hopefully plant out pre-forced cuts/clones about 3 week old. Good Luck with the show bro! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i sriously dont know how long their gonna take but as an educated guess i would say no longer than 10 weeks from seed so id say i have just over 4 weeks left

some nice strains their scrogerman if you have a diary ill be sure to check out your progress ;)

some new pics taken today my plants are still growing upwards and they are crying out for the light as you can see the leaves are praying bless em

070620101343.jpg

070620101337.jpg

070620101340.jpg

070620101342.jpg

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
gorgous plants brotha and for whoever asked 20lt=5gal or very close to i may be off a few ml
r ur buckets linked to a large rez or seperate so u have the ablilty to run multiple strains i like to run diiferent strains so my buckets are seperate but im getting sick of all the seperate maitenece i have to do daily on 8 buckets and would like ur input if they r linked to a res
peace stonE
also my buddy grows bluecheese its great just not a very fast id give it 6wks atleast his goes 10wks and he takes it when its mostly cloudy with some amber and it fills out the most during his 2wk flush

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
thanks stoney

i have seperate buckets because im doing an experiment 1 plant is being grown with canna boost and the other plant is not. it purely research on my behalf to see if there is any difference in the end products.

i did grow in nft where you just have the 1 res for multiple plants and found that growing different strains was a nightmare because they all required different feeds at different stages of the grow, but the nft method would be good if you was growing clones;)

growing in single pots gives you greater control over each plant and you can pretty much dial right in to what they need and maximise your results.

you say its hard work but if you spend 20 mins a day just checking your ec and ph then there really isnt that much to it.

thanks for the advice on the chedda ;)

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 39 from seed

was checking on my plants today and noticed a few tips on my plants had started to get tip burn my res is still .6 ec and my ph is 5.8 normally if i was overfeeding i would see my res ec go up due to the plants taking on more water than nutes so im gonna closely monitor this today or it might be light burn from the tips being to close to the light

on a positive note i reiceved my new light today and its up and running in my tent so ive also gotta monitor for any changes due to putting a new light in their if anything is should see an increase in there feed as its a totally different light spectrum to my cfl lights

have to say though the new light was pretty bright my eyes had to take time to adjust but ive just found my sunglasses which is a massive help ;)

ive took a few pics of the plants and the light im gonna have to get used to taking pics under this new spectrum ive just took these pics quickly and will have a play around as i gotta get the light to the right diatnce above the tops of my plants

080620101344.jpg

080620101345.jpg

080620101346.jpg

080620101347.jpg

080620101370.jpg

080620101371.jpg

080620101372.jpg

080620101373.jpg

peace

Iron Lungs

Looking good skotty!!! Im digging the new LED set-up, how many W is it and how much did it brake the bank? ha those things are pricey

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 40 from seed

or 5 weeks 7 days from seed

17 days from start of flowering (sexing)

i really dont have a clue as to where to start the flowering time from wether its the first sign of sexing or wether its from the start of 12/12 if anybodys knows for definate then maybe they can enlighten me ;)

done my daily check this morning and im still dialled right in at .6 ec and ph 5.8 and this is how its been right from the start cant believe how much money i am saving in nutes ;)

as for the light iron lungs it is 345 watts and it was a present from my girlfriend so money wasnt a issue at least not for me ;)

its pretty hard taking pics under led without them going all fuzzy and looking wrong so ive had a play about with the camera and the latest pics are the best i can get so far, unless i take the plants out of the tent which i will do at a later date

the light is currently 12 inches above the top of my plants ive never grown this way before so if anybody has any recommendations feel free to chip in ;)

the plants are around 21 inches tall and both are over 1/2 a meter wide which means they are both comparable to my onyx that i grew and that weighed in at 1 and 1/2 oz dry weight grown under cfl, however i am seeing more bud sites on these plants compared to my onyx so time will tell

this is a pic of my auto onyx so as to compare against my current grow

11042010914.jpg

090620101391.jpg

090620101390.jpg

090620101389.jpg

090620101388.jpg

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Fair Play Skotty looks great man.
Youve been giving some good advice aswell, nice one. I pilot my grows watching PH & EC, thats sound advice.
On the H2O2 issue bro, haha i remember having one fk of an argumeant with growells Tec Team, What a joke, im not saying all of them are clueless, but most of em are, it aint the little shop it used to be, like back in the Mid 90's. Anyway i was asking if u could use H2O2 with Canna Aqua(this is going back about 9-10 years ago), so they put their top guy on the phone & he says yes you can no problem, thats what i was waiting for, so i says, " But i thought that H2O2 degrades and breaks down anything organic & Aqua contains a few organic ingredients including the Humic & Fulvic acids so surely the H2o2 will break those down", anyway they wouldnt budge & in the end i told the guy he was clueless lol, The Next thing they changed their catalouge to include a warning against using H2O2 with Aqua lol, i still wonder if that was because of the massive argument i had on the phone with their so called top tec guy lol. Na your right you cant use H2o2 with a lot of products on the market namely any with Organic elements or substances contained, especially Canna Aqua, But i use it with other nutes & its worth its weight in gold.
You were asking when to start flowering man, well just because they have presexed & showed, you still dictate the flower period with a 12/12(photoperiod) Strain, my last grow they showed at wk4 of veg but i didnt switch to 12/12 untill wk7, & thats the same for most/all 12/12 strains, it dont matter with Auto's, there gonna flower regardless bro.
On the Nutes in DWC, i think you'll find thart most strains require a low EC as apposed to growing in NFT for example. Last year i grew Chiesel(bigbuddhaseeds) Boy that stuff was nice, and like the BlueCheese it aint supposed to be a big yeilder but i still hit 15.5 OZ offa 2 plants Scrogged, That was DWC and the higest the EC was around .8, For most of the grow she was on like EC.5 any hotter and she tip sindged. So imo DWC grown plants for the most part require a very low EC compared to other styles of growing like NFT or E&F, oh and i was using 400w HPS, it does matter. Just thought id mention this lot.
Anyway bro, I love your new light(LED) i want one, beautifull man. & i know you'll smash your last yield with this Bluecheese & that light. Looking Good in there Skotty!
All the Best............Scroger ;)
BTW, like your new avatar man cool!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nice 1 bruva

like ive stated all along this grow is purely experimental just to recap on a few things i am trying to achieve

12/12 from seed vs autos
canna boost vs no canna boost
new led light testing
pk 13/14 over a 3 week period vs pk 13/14 in a 1 week period
12/12 vs auto which will have bigger yield
12/12 vs auto length of grow

just to keep you guys in the pic the plant on the left is the one without canna boost and it is out performing the 1 with canna boost however its still early days and anything can happen ;)

appreciate ya input scrogger i still have a lot to learn myself and i love new information and sharing with other growers what i have learned from doing my grows
and i have to say that the info about nutes being low in dwc is bang on mate my last grows never seemed to get over 1.2 ec, but im not complaing cause my nutes have lasted me ages ;)

also thanks for pointing out the 12/12 theory as this is what i suspected it to be. the count starts as soon as 12/12 introduced which puts me on 40 days as these plants have been under 12/12 as soon as they sprouted, which makes it about 5 1/2 weeks into the grow,ill probably be looking at a 12 week seed to finish as this is the amount of time the onyx took from seed.

its good to know so as i can determine when to intoduce the pk 13/14 over the 3 week period but some simple maths will sort this out.

ive got some lovely strains in my fridge

bubbakush
the church
wappa
kandy kush
kushberry
sour cream
sour kush
warlock
the ultimate
onyx
mi5
il diavolo
shortstuff #1

to name a few most of them are femized aswell and i dont know wether to pop another 1 on 12/12 or revert back to doing more autos hmmm decisions decsions

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah nice one man,
Ive seen a few comparison experiments & done some myself. the Canna Boost i had improvements in yields by about 15%, ok not much but it more than paid for itself, im still in two minds now its gone up in price, & think i'll try mollasses & tricontinol next time instead, cost no more than a tenner to make it! I'll be interested in your PK experiments, ive always found the 3week regieme the best, but it'll be interesting to see your results.
I think that DWC requires less strength because the roots are nearly totally submerged in solution constantly, as apposed to other styles of growing, this attribute is the main reason for DWC requiring a weaker solution imo! Makes sense to me!
Ive always found that a week or two Veg with 24hour light,. then switch to 12/12 gives a better flowering response, faster & more profuse growth. well thats how its been for me. Its almost like the shock of the light change after being on 24hours for a period makes them explode. & ends up taking 10-12 weeks anyway depending on strain, but your experiments outcome will be interesting to see bro! I think your dead on with your estimates looking at the plants.
I like Auto's but in 12 weeks i can way out yield any Auto with a photoperiod strain, you know for the sake of 2-3 weeks of veg & 9 weeks flowering & with 2 plants i hit best part of 16oz, its a no-brainer for me bro. Ok Auto's are fast but most of em dont yield and it takes 10 weeks+ anyway, 2 plants and 1 and a half Oz, thats 3 oz, & for the sake of 2 extra weeks of veg time i can Hit 16 with a standard strain. Thats why all my auto's are going outdoor bro, even the new Super Auto's like Jet47 & Nivarna sky, Bigdevil, Automaria to name but a few, which are supposed to give yields in the region of 300grms P/P(i think this warrents the name SuperAuto), so these ones may be worth doing indoor, but for me i think Auto's are ideal for us Brits outdoor's man! especially the lower yielding ones, 50grams and 10-12 weeks of my time per plant, puts me off doing them indoor. anyway bro Good luck with yours!
Thats a fine Arsenal you have there man. grew out the ultimate last & was not impressed, but you may find a completely different Pheno, it seems to have no limits on Pheno's(Open Pollination Me thinks) from what ive seen of the strain! Anyway Bro i know that BC is gonna yield good for ya, fingers crossed for you bro!
Peace........Scroger! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
my main aim is to get a system where im pulling 8 oz every 4 weeks hence this grow if i can acheieve it by doing 12/12 from seed then ill skip autos altogether and space my grows out so they finish every 4 weeks im looking at growing 8 plants at a time but dividing them into 4... so i start with 4 then half way through start another 4 etc ;)

also the experiments, if i can cut costs and keep it to a minimum thats even better hence the led light its costing less than 250 and 300 watt cfl and i have no need for extraction ;)
the same applies to the nutes if i dont need a specific nutrient then ill leave it out my grow again minmising my costs :)

i beleive anybody could grow monsters in hydro its a piece of piss and easy to achieve but i myself like to have a bit of variety so growing 8 different varieties as oppose to growing 1 big strain has more of an appeal to me, i could be chonging some blue cheese 1 day and some and some bubbakush the next etc ect

have to say though the mi5 and onyx are both a quality smoke i just wished there was more of it to go round and yeah your right about growing them outdoors but i find soil is a dirty way to go about business i like it clean and proper

soil is for gardners hydro is for scientists ;) ;)

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
soil is dirt its gonna be filthy but i sort of agree with ya, but the way i see things is outside is free growing, well the cost of a bit of compo and a few ammendments and a little feed and the rest is up the mother nature, i used to think like you but since joining IC ive seen alot of people growing lovely weed outdoor here in the UK & thought fk this im missing out, so i thought id give it a go, my buddy dargo is doing alright & been smoking greenhouse poo for ages now(I think- it wont be long anyway), goes to show its doable, on a good year with a good summer & the right strains by August i could of been smoking something nice, this year sep & october im hoping for something tasty from outside, a couple year ago i put out some Whiteberry-paradise & boy that was nice, small buds no mold & it smoked lovely, better than some of the dro that goes about here, so i figured, get them out there.
Good luck Bro, peace.......Scroger l;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
this

230520101252.jpg

grown in this

100520101187.jpg

compared to this

230520101250.jpg

both the plants were the same age i had to get rid of the soil grow

again it was another experiment i was carrying out for this grow i still have 6 bags of that compost in my garage :(

bit of a no brainer.

yeah growing outdoors would be the tits but i live in a secluded area with houses looking onto my back garden so its not an option 4 me and the last thing i wanna do is attract unessacery attention ;)

i think ill take the easy option and watch everybody elses sucsess with the outdoor shenanigans lol

peace

Iron Lungs

So what made you go with the LED's? do they put off less heat? i read up on the 345w that thing is PRICEY!!! but it said it pulls 65% less power than an HID! sounds awesome and cant wait to see what buds it throws out.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the reason i went the led path is because i wasnt paying for it lol

no seriously i seen a couple of grows on 420mag that i was really impressed with and thought i wouldnt mind a bit of that ;)

i have no need for extraction or temp controls and its keeping the temps in my tent just right so i think i made a sterling choice.

im also interested to see what happens with this light in the budding stages of this grow i dont think it will be a full comparison as to what the light can do because it started off with cfl lights but i can gauge the best heights to use in flowering ;)

ive got so many experiments going on in this diary its quality lol

havent got a clue at what height the light should be im just going off the recommendations off their website

when you say it puts out less heat did you mean compared to my cfl lights if so then its about the same

cheers for dropping in

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Ive never seen one soil grow do well with any brand moisture control soil, it seems to cause problems, so id let the 6 bags you have go, its a shame youve been put off soil for life by the looks of it, if only youd tried a brand known to work well you may have a different outlook on the whole soil thing, but i do think hydro vs soil is a no-Brainer, absolutly no contest bro, & like you said DWC is soo simple & clean is too easy really.
i live in a similar situation to yourself but who can see through a cardboard box? n there nosey as fook around here too bro! If i get a half Oz a plant i'll be overjoyed, got a couple of sites lined up, it'll probably do shite but im on it & i post up the results bro.
I'll be rocking out some UKCheese in DWC next indoor & maybe some Swisscheese too, i have 2 stunning looking pheno's of that and a beautifull blackberry pheno im thinking about also.
yeah stick to what you love mate, your doing a grand job bro & Bin the moisture control shit, its never been good for MJ, shame, that shit must of cost a bit! anyway bro i'll look in again soon see how your LED is kicking ass! Good luck!;;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the compost was £2 a bag so it aint no major loss i mixed it 50/50 with perlite i was gonna use it to grow autos with as it says no feed needed for 3 months which would be the nuts for growing autos with all i had to do was add water :)

ill check ya diary out scrogger when i can find it

take it easy bruv

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Buddy,
I was so impressed with that light that youve bought, i got i touch with the company & checked there specs. GHow come you bought it & never knew the hanging distances etc with this work of art. How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking bro? Anyway heres a link to the part of the manafactureres website that gives the hanging distances, 6" as a minimum by the looks of things but 12" looks powerfull also, heres the link, i know you'll of seen it surely,:
http://www.hydrogrowled.com/504W-Penetrator-Vertical-LED-Grow-Light-P62C7.aspx
I want one bro. The only things i see missing now in your grow room is a heater with thermostat & a Co2 Rig, then man you'll have a killer set up and when ya upgrade your airpump, i cant see much else that could be added to that set-up, its to die for that light man! I didnt realise how expensive they are bro & just how bloody good they are, love it, its gonna be Buds-Ville in there soon bro!! ;)