What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

making canna butter / hash butter

HellsBells33

Cool recipe. Lots of simmering but worth the effort. Ilove the discreetness that this product gives its users. Not like you need to be discreet at a reggae concert, but especially the way stuff smells these days, it's a very discreet alternative that can be taken anywhere without causing a lot of attention. People are so creative!

Flygpapper

Big up for sharing!

You can reboil the butter with water and then cool it, repeat the process until the water you pouring out is clean as drinking water, then you have the puirest cannabutter with NO weed taste at all, go ahead and have it on a sandwish or whatever u wishes is ��

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Big up for sharing!

You can reboil the butter with water and then cool it, repeat the process until the water you pouring out is clean as drinking water, then you have the puirest cannabutter with NO weed taste at all, go ahead and have it on a sandwish or whatever u wishes is ��

great post. i will try this next time i make canna butter. another concert coming up. might make some using this way to clean the butter of the taste and smell.

I use kief and pretty much do what you do G but didn't care for the taste but everyone else didn't mind. I have now begun making hard candy and absolutely love the results! I used DRAM flavoring at first but now have switched to using jolly rancher sour apple jello packet for my flavoring and I get a ton of hard candy or lollipops

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
When I use water when making butter there is a lot of something between the butter and the water after chilling in the fridge. I suspect this white colored stuff may be the cream (dairy) and may contain a bunch of goodness, so instead of rinsing that off I keep it with the butter. The cookies seem to rise better with it and the taste is OK.

As for tolerance, unfortunately it seems to also apply to edibles. My single cookie does is now about 4 before bed. Sure sleep good though.

yardgrazer

I bought a cheap slowcooker a year or so ago for butter making purposes... run it on the low temperature setting for 3 hours, easy-peasy. I like the taste of the cannabutter I've been making, so I eat it melted on toast.