What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your mutations

I swear this is only one seed. I got a couple of seedlings like this. All of the same origin: I pollinated two Kali Mist ladies with two Ghost Train Haze #1 males. The original GTH #1 seeds were bad from the beginning. Some seeds didn't germinate and I got two hermies among the remaining plants. Now I still have problems with this genetic. Don't think I will follow this line.

To me this looks like a severe damage of the genetic. The GTH #1 is made from two clone only strains and methods like 'revegging' are coming to my mind...

picture.php

Another seedling:

picture.php

And here a seed which just opened, showing two roots:

picture.php

I never saw something like this. Not all seeds of my cross show this mutations. Right now I toss the mutations and keep the healthy ones. I don't want to take the risk to grow them, but the plants which look healthy I will give a chance. I don't want to give up my Kali Haze at this point.

What I did:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=368447

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2026034.jpg
    photo2026034.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2026035.jpg
    photo2026035.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2026036.jpg
    photo2026036.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 22
  • photo2026037.jpg
    photo2026037.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 23
M

member 505892

I think hes right with the term Fasciated,My Heirloom tomatoes do this. especially the brandywine variety. Whorled Phyllotaxy I believe is when you have 3 stems at each node instead of 2 or 1

Good to know :)

Can't whorled phyllotaxy cause similar kind of effects on a cola too?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Technically that just means leaves circling the stem rather than on each side. When mine above was born, it looked like any other quad plant. Then it slowly started to do it's thing. So yeah, this one started whorled and became faciated. But from whorled you don't know the level of what's going on, so I prefer Tri quad fasciated, as that way you know without seeing. There's no rhyme or reason to the layout of leaves on a fasciated, the Tri/quad/(whorled) are organised into specific nodes.

M

member 505892

Technically that just means leaves circling the stem rather than on each side. When mine above was born, it looked like any other quad plant. Then it slowly started to do it's thing. So yeah, this one started whorled and became faciated. But from whorled you don't know the level of what's going on, so I prefer Tri quad fasciated, as that way you know without seeing. There's no rhyme or reason to the layout of leaves on a fasciated, the Tri/quad/(whorled) are organised into specific nodes.

Those fasciated stems remind me of asparagus.... i've seen a few asparagus grow like that.

G

Nice!
how's the smell on this one? Just popped one

It's not overpowering yet...but when I get my nose in there, it's like lemon PEZ candy. She's stretching a lot more than I expected based on early growth patterns; a bit surprising.

IMG_20210721_060517.jpg

Peace
DM

Latest posts

Latest posts