What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Honduras and Golden Tiger plus friends

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks to Dubi for supplying these testers from the R & D section.
They are all regular seeds so I germed 12 three of each of 4 different varieties.
2 from Ace and one from a friend using CBG genetics and one of my own favorite strains I have had for a while now.

I germed 12 expecting to get some males to cull or collect pollen from as the case may be but so far its looking like 11 females ha ha.
Huston we have a problem.

All Ace seeds appear to be female and the only male I got was a Mulanji that was culled as it didn't look good.
They are 5 weeks old now and have been on 12/12 since day one.

I am trying a 120w red LED to mimic the red light at sun rise and sun set as a friend Mad Mac is doing with great results.

So the LED comes on on its own for the first and last hour and the two 375w CMH lamps overlap the LED for an hour at the start and end of the day with the CMH on alone the rest of the time.

I dont know if this will make any difference but time will tell.

The Panama x Honduras include one A22 Panama x Honduras which should be interesting as I haven't grown this cross yet.

The Golden Tigers appear to have two lanky phenos and a shorter pheno all look like females so good times are coming.
I will get better shots once the flowers start filling out at the moment they are just starting to show sex.

First up GT, then Panama x Honduras the A22 is in the center.
Then Punto Rojo x ColJam and the last 2 the Mulanji Gold (Malawi strain)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

YukonKronic

Is Mac posting again? I would love to follow another of his grows. He's one of the reasons I tried GT and that shit changed my life:woohoo:

YukonKronic

Also: Hi. Glad to see you got another thread going. I'll be tagging along and learning and laughin wit ya:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Also: Hi. Glad to see you got another thread going. I'll be tagging along and learning and laughin wit ya:tiphat:
Hi my friend maybe a little crying to if things dont go according to plan ha ha.
MadMac only posts now and then but I am in contact with him and he's still killing it even more these days just staying a little private.

By the end of October things should be getting interesting in there I only have 1m of space for vertical growth so some LST ect will no doubt be in order very soon he he.

YukonKronic

Hey now... there's no crying in baseball! (Lol I don't even remember what movie that's a reference to). I'm sure you'll Nail it! Besides, Buddha says remember: Sun is ALWAYS shining above the clouds.:dance013:

YukonKronic

Ha! Apparently I'm philosophical this morning. Hope all is well with your garden! I fed my recently transplanted scrog in the making of GT last night... cannabis leaf FPE, Yarrow FPE, homemade fish hydrolysate a bit of Braggs apple cider vinegar with "mother" culture (enzymes) and a splash of lacto b. Serum to munch it all up and wash it down.

Topdressed a little cane sugar (found it cheeeaap in ethnic section) and some bonemeal and fishbone meal will follow in 2days with a nice cannamulch mixed with alfalfa to mulch em in in preparation to flip in a week.

I know you fish! Have you thrown any in a bucket yet? I just tossed chunks of fresh caught pike into a pail with some molasses and a couple drinks worth of Kefir (yogurt drink with lots of live lacto..) drilled a TINY hole in lid for gas to vent and made sure bucket was full of water before closing it up and leaving for a couple months. Doesn't stink as bad as cannabis FPE and works SO well. Plants AND soil organisms ZLOVE this stuff. I recommend. I very recommend.

Tangwena

Veteran
Holy cow that soup sounds good enough to eat ha ha.

I have a friend who grows in the bush who always chucks a large fish in the bottom of each hole he digs when planting outside he reckons by the time the roots hit it they are flowering and its like a vitamin boost.

If I grew outside I would be right into that stuff for sure but inside I'm lazy and growing in a coco mix it makes it real easy to regulate who gets what and when.

Because of my low tolerance and the fact I cob my buds to chew i dont need huge plants only quality buds so keeping them small and hungry until they start flowering is my plan.
The only problem is they seem to like light feeds ha ha. So I have reduced the daylight time to kick in the flowering adding more time to the red LED to hopefully replicate autumn type weather. Its the only plan I have I wish I had access to more headroom though.
Still this is the fun of growing in a small cabinet it would be easy otherwise wouldn't it?

G

Nice matey!Glad to see another diary from you !Will stay tuned for the big budz :)
P.S.I lost a big AJ yesterday... :bashhead:

YukonKronic

Holy cow that soup sounds good enough to eat ha ha.

I have a friend who grows in the bush who always chucks a large fish in the bottom of each hole he digs when planting outside he reckons by the time the roots hit it they are flowering and its like a vitamin boost.

If I grew outside I would be right into that stuff for sure but inside I'm lazy and growing in a coco mix it makes it real easy to regulate who gets what and when.

Because of my low tolerance and the fact I cob my buds to chew i dont need huge plants only quality buds so keeping them small and hungry until they start flowering is my plan.
The only problem is they seem to like light feeds ha ha. So I have reduced the daylight time to kick in the flowering adding more time to the red LED to hopefully replicate autumn type weather. Its the only plan I have I wish I had access to more headroom though.
Still this is the fun of growing in a small cabinet it would be easy otherwise wouldn't it?

Ya cab growing is quite a trip. I put the screen on today, 2 hours of weaving shoots and branches and tying them in place but I think I got her about ready. 7 plants that WOULD have been just over 24 inches tall and they're all flattened out about 8 inches off the soil now. I'll take pics in a few days when they recover from the abuse... I'm NOT gentle at this stage usually it's about mercilessly forcing the plants to my will. Once they prove they can conform I let em off the hook to go wild:woohoo:

I need to do a topdress and mulch asap or the canopy will get too thick to reach under and then things get messy... think I might stay heavy on the "Brews" to feed until flip then go to my usual schedule but increase the FPE and decrease fish. Probably juice the lacto b about mid stretch to help cycle whatever N is leftover..

I actually have found that "hungry" plants do tend to have more pronounced flavours and effect from time to time. I've worked my way from starving them into pitiable little wisps into finally starting to put together how I can make gluttons of them; so I can definitely agree with your philosophy/practices that way. Haha I totally forgot you were a coco guy when I suggested the fish... I suspect that would look pretty gross rotting on top of your nice clean bug free coco. Interesting if there's a filtered Hydro friendly version around but something tells me the smell cannot be processed away from that particular fertilizer.

I've been looking at the red light thing for awhile and think it's probably something I'll try out soon too. I've been finally bothering to veg on a 14/10 cycle instead of 24/0 and also walking down light hours in last parts of flowering. Both seem to be good for the girls and I'm interested in seeing what a more natural dawn and dusk might contribute.
First Nations in Canada have been throwing fish in their plant holes for a long time too. It's definitely a proven practice, there's even a lot of nutrition given to the forests as bears leave salmon carcasses on the riverbanks every year during spawn. They get so greedy they only eat the liver and brain and leave the rest! It's actually one reason for our immense coastal Rainforest being so immense.

Night4wings20

Hey Tangwena! It's Night from the other forum ya know? I got banned so now I have to talk here lol. Hope all is well with your plants mate

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice matey!Glad to see another diary from you !Will stay tuned for the big budz :)
P.S.I lost a big AJ yesterday... :bashhead:
Hi brother just been admiring your Malawi x Panama pics. Thats a real killa pheno as you say just long arms of buds they are going to be stupendous once filled out phew!
Whats an AJ? I have been racking my brain trying to think what it stands for.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey Tangwena! It's Night from the other forum ya know? I got banned so now I have to talk here lol. Hope all is well with your plants mate
What the hell did you do my friend thats crazy.
Better behave yourself here then ha ha.
Get a diary going when you can so I can see those Malawis growing.

G

Hi bro!It's the octopus pheno!:) Nah,the reveg helped to get that bushy pattern.Would work wonders in your case with limited height.
AJ for Amberjack!Mofo caught me off guard ,after hooking it, it went like a train to the bottom and cut the 0.52 line on the rocks like butter.It wouldn't be easy.The fishfinder my friend has was showing fish between 1 and two meters long...:moon:

Night4wings20

What the hell did you do my friend thats crazy.
Better behave yourself here then ha ha.
Get a diary going when you can so I can see those Malawis growing.

Lol I gave one of the admins a piece of my mind to put it kindly/simply, stupid move on my part lol. Lesson learned.
Yeah I will behave myself on here, kind of got no choice haha.
Yep! Will get onto a diary later on today.

Have a good one :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi bro!It's the octopus pheno!:) Nah,the reveg helped to get that bushy pattern.Would work wonders in your case with limited height.
AJ for Amberjack!Mofo caught me off guard ,after hooking it, it went like a train to the bottom and cut the 0.52 line on the rocks like butter.It wouldn't be easy.The fishfinder my friend has was showing fish between 1 and two meters long...:moon:
Haha yeah baby at that size you dont have a chance if its anywhere near the bottom.
When you get fish like that over here near a reef forget it.
I had my drag locked up and the boat at anchor and the fish I had on just pulled the boat around in an arc until it got back to the reef on my last trip, broke 50lb line like cotton.
The locals all use 100lb hand lines I know why now ha ha. Its hand to hand combat in the shallows over here.
On one trip i lost 5 one after the other I just couldn't stop them getting back to the reef. They just dragged the boat over every time.

YukonKronic

Haha yeah baby at that size you dont have a chance if its anywhere near the bottom.
When you get fish like that over here near a reef forget it.
I had my drag locked up and the boat at anchor and the fish I had on just pulled the boat around in an arc until it got back to the reef on my last trip, broke 50lb line like cotton.
The locals all use 100lb hand lines I know why now ha ha. Its hand to hand combat in the shallows over here.
On one trip i lost 5 one after the other I just couldn't stop them getting back to the reef. They just dragged the boat over every time.

WTF man I want to hook a fish that can pull my boat! I gotta get my ass out on the big blue someday. Haines Alaska isn't far, I keep dreaming of heading over there to go halibut fishing.

Tangwena

Veteran
1 week later

1 week later

5 days after the first pics I removed some of the largest fan leaves to reduce shading.
pics 1-5

1 group
2 Panama x Honduras
3 Golden tiger #3
4 Mulanji x ThatTanic
5 PuntoRojo x ColJam

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Some of the P x H leaves were huge and very fat the cabinet look a bit sad after the defoliation on Friday.
But come Monday 3 days later you would never have known I had done it at all.

I will need to have another round of defoliation again soon plus some savage pruning to keep only the best branches for flowering.

Other than constant pruning everything seems to going ok. I am feeding an EC of less than one. I have installed blumat drippers feeding a weak flowering solution.

The lights are on a total of 10hrs with the CMH only on for 8hrs and the red LED on for the first and last 2 hours. ! hour at the beginning and end without the CMH.

Any one of these plants could fill this cabinet on its own if I let them but I want to sample as many as possible.
Also a couple of ounces from each strain cobbed will give me more than I need.

First pic is 3 days ago after defoliation
second pic is the fat P x H shade leaves
third pic is 3 days later phew!
Lastly the red LED that comes on at the beginning and end of each day.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts