What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TISSUE CULTURED cause FAIL of TESTS, PGR antifungals etc

clearheaded

I would like to start a bit of a discussion here and maybe will help some of the friendlys (bubbleman DNA genetics etc) some cash. AND prevent them from lobbying gov to allow chemicals in our smoke.

Tissue culture is cool used in food however as most of you know it uses PGRs/hormones that cause fails on tests. some of the PGRs are in pesticides. Tissue culture uses basically EVERY PGR on the market to be able to grow callus roots stems etc. and often steroids to boost growth and most are again banned in washington oregon canada etc. brass etc that is found in those bad boosters sold behind counter. They also use antifungal bacteria that is cancer causing in there medium to allow for less contams. something that def shouldnt be smoked. and even small amounts of these things have shown to last in soil and from clones of clones.

So in closing I not only think it is a HUGE oversite of these companies or they will want to lobby the gov to allow levels of these chemicals in the plants/flowers...

love to hear what others have to say, but I dont see a way it can be done without potential harm. also unfortuently i think b mans investment was a bit short sighted, not all tech can/should be used in cannabis...

clearheaded

mutha fucka... just had post with quotes sources etc but was lost. grr.

basically synthetic hormones are issue. many needed for tissue culture are found to be toxic. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25909179 notes build up causing damage to liver..?

BAP NIOSH warns MAY be mutegenic. dermatitus death listed msds not used in europe according to Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens.

very general but you wanted to know why cides are bad and may be cancer causing. of course easy example is glyphosate the herbacide.. several i had notes of but was deleted ones that are used specifically in tissue culture.
https://oshwiki.eu/wiki/Occupational_exposure_to_biocides_(disinfectants_and_metal_working_fluids)
Biocides are used to control harmful and unwanted organisms and microorganisms. However, not only do they kill pathogens, they also kill non-pathogens, meaning they may also be dangerous for humans. There are a variety of different biocide substance classes; at least 30% of biocides are endocrine disruptive, persistent, toxic to water organisms or carcinogenic, according to PAN - the Pesticide Action Network, a collation of 600 NGOs.

many biocides used are toxic some banned only use on golf courses and potatos as toxic metabolites.

the components of PPM in msds cause contact dermititus and also may cause cancer.

fungas is close to humans so chances are if bad for fungi bad for us. or at least bad for our gut flora which in turn causes immune problems. glyphosate hurting biome for an example and also cancer.

more pesticides herbicides biocides are safe for a period and large perportion are later found to cause issues, this has happened so many times in my short life it really makes u wonder and question them all.DDT(obv before but dramatic example), roundup etc.

not sure how will pass as none cannabis compounds shouldnt be in cannabis. period. TC plants i cant imagine will ever be able to be sold as "organic" not sure if need to be taken clones from a former TC plant 5 or 6 generations??? really not sure how they would certify it? so maybe will be a thing for mcdonalds dope, but not "consisour" varietys that are worth having TC of. in my speculative opinion.

dont think would pass the tests esp the ones for "elite (organic or not) cannabis compititions".

and the fact we dont know MAYBE we should aire on side of not smoking until we do know.. just a thought. sure dif in meds and poison is dose but if not needed why would we expose our lungs to it if may have bad effects when have a choice NOT to. or avoid class action lawsuits.

Last edited:
M

Mountain Kine

Not sure if you have any real experience with micropropagarion as NONE of the plant growth regulators that are banned for use in commercial cannabis like paclobutrazol, daminozide, chlormequat aren’t used in culture -

TDZ, IBA and MetaTopolin are the most common hormones used.

Your post is sensationalist and not based in fact.

PPM, the antibiotic you’re speaking on is also of zero concern for residual testing

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HHMMmm...
This could get interesting.

I've always been fascinated with TC but never gone about setting up a hood to try it out.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone fancy testing there skills,, I've got a thread in the UK fourm on a kit I'm building for tissue culture

This is the uvc bag that my kit is based around

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
This will work with organic gardening. With stable seeds it may not be necessary. What I gather from clearheaded is that mcdonalds fries are for sure sprayed with cancer causing chemicals glyphosate or otherwise.

M

Mountain Kine

Rick -

Im confused what that bag does for your micropropagation efforts?

I've only ever done cultures in polycarbonate culture vessels.

We use MS basal salts with MT and Gamborg vitamins as described by H. Late et. al. in JARMAP Vol 1

Badfishy1

Rick -

We use MS basal salts with MT and Gamborg vitamins as described by H. Late et. al. in JARMAP Vol 1

His bag will he used as a sterilization technique I do believe

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The bag is a tool,,, a uvc sterilising light is housed inside the insulated and reflective containment area of "the bag" ,,, it also houses all the kit and samples,, it's a mobile genetics library if you want,, you can literally house 100s of callus culture samples,, God knows how many experiments can be simultaneously kept sterile inside,,, remember the glovebags are also inside "the uvc bag",,, it's all for containment,, portability,, ease of use,, aseptic environment etc,,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This is the next thing I'm getting a wholesale lot of,, i made a prototype (hack style),,, but it needs a pro finish

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rick -

Are you using the meta-topolin

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My main focus is making it accessible for the home horticultural person,, i want to bring it all down to my level (in a good way),, then I can improve people's game and help make things better for the future

M

Mountain Kine

Are you using the meta-topolin

Yes MT is the standard aromatic cytokinin currently for one step direct tissue organogenesis of cannabis and industrial hemp.

You can do a 2 step with TDZ for rooting and GA or other for multiplication

:tiphat:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes MT is the standard aromatic cytokinin currently for one step direct tissue organogenesis of cannabis and industrial hemp.

You can do a 2 step with TDZ for rooting and GA or other for multiplication

:tiphat:

yep,,or induce callus culture and go the indirect organogenisis route,,(potential somaclonial variation, possibly even improvements),,,with a auxin:cyco even ballance

M

Mountain Kine

What does that have to do with your question on the use of metatopolin?