What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 84W LED Cab. Single plant Organic ScrOG

worm~

Good work Verdant Green. Microgrows really are fun. Did you have a chance to use the kill-a-watt to check the actual wattage on the LED yet?

worm~

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Buddha watcher!

worm, i'll try and get that reading tomorrow, and also a yield weight for the chem D!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Looking very nice VG leds are definitely making there way in the scene...i say you've got a good two and a half to three zips :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, the final yield weight was 68 grams which i am pretty happy with. my watt meter is playing up so i havent had chance to check if the claimed wattage of 84W is correct, but will find this out when i can.

i have a huge bubba in there now that is a couple of weeks into flower. i did take a veg pic of two so will update the thread soon.

VG

worm~

Well that's about .8gpw, nice, being this is the first run in a new cab, plus your little vacation. Sounds like 1 gram per watt is easily achievable...no?

For the organic soil, are you just using plain tap water? I didn't see mention of this in the thread.

worm~

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks worm, yes i usually manage around 1gpw and hope to better that.

i use rainwater for my plants, the water where i live gets lime added and i find it can cause problems after a while - especially if recycling soil

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so i have a pre98 bubba in the cab atm

here it is in veg a few weeks back, if you're thinking to yourself that its a bit too big then you would be right! the big pot and nice light caused a bit of a growth explosion....
picture.php

now we go straight to the present day where we are 2-3 weeks into flower. its been a struggle to keep the plant within bounds, but ive just managed to stop it from getting out of hand... just.
i would prefer another inch or two between the tops and the light but it seems to be doing ok. because the diodes are spread out over the area of the light there are less 'hotspots'
trouble is i cant get a decent shot of the canopy because there is not enough room lol. i will take some more shots at lights off next week.
picture.php

the sachets are biological control for thrips as i spotted a few leaf spots.

here is a shot with the light full on
picture.php

and here is one with the bloom (red) channel turned right down
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a closer look at 'backstage' - the two sticks on the pot rim are so that i can pull the branches down further and create a bit more headroom - necessity is the mother of invention!
picture.php

here is a pleasant shot through the leaves
picture.php

and a last shot, you can see the power supply to the loeled lamp to the left that fits in the top of the cab quite neatly, and the two dials which allow you to tweak the veg and bloom channels
picture.php

apologize for the lack of decent plant shots, like i said i'll take some at lights off which hopefully will show better.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys :tiphat:, its strange not being able to take the plant out for pics like i always have in the past!
i think that soon i will probably build another small cabinet for the mother plants/veg and use the full height of this one for flowering.
its certainly possible to have both mums and flowering in this one like i have, but it is quite limiting and challenging just due to the extreme height restrictions. also i would like to run some seeds in here and for that i will defo need some more headroom!.

managed to get a couple of shots at lights off today but it is still difficult to get any kind of angle to show the canopy.
we are at six weeks on this bubba now

section of the canopy
picture.php

nug
picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good VG, it's cool we are both doing Bubba scrogs currently. This is a cut off your original Pre 98 mother, right? And mine is an S1 from yours.

Keep us updated and I will do the same in your Bubba S1 thread. :rasta:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi BT, yes this is the pre-98 cut. i plan to run some of the bubba seeds soon but this was all vegged up ready and my jar was empty ;)

interesting to compare, i think your S1 looks very similar.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, the bubba has been chopped at 8-9 weeks. ive tried to take plenty of pics to make up for the lack during the grow.

screen:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

as you can see, the centre of the canopy got more light than the outside due to the lack of distance for the light to spread. i dont think you need that much with this light - 4 inches would be ok... but i had more like two. i tried to move the outer buds around so they spent a little time under the sweet spot which helped.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice VG, about 2 more weeks to go on mine currently. Really can hardly wait, I need some Bubba goodness to smoke on again. I have two more clones vegging to take her place when she comes out. Gotta keep the Bubba flowing!

Latest posts

Latest posts