What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

Bighill

:laughing: exactly, Wet weight is allready required!

BotanicalBill said it best... We will never really know how honest the weights are, also not too worried about it.. I am also very interested to see how all the different strains do in the small cups.. We are doing a good year of testing in one shot.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: exactly, Wet weight is allready required!

BotanicalBill said it best... We will never really know how honest the weights are, also not too worried about it.. I am also very interested to see how all the different strains do in the small cups.. We are doing a good year of testing in one shot.

lol my bad i was wayy to high on that one ;)

for real tho, we all should do this for fun and educational purposes, theres no need for dishonest and cheating !

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
just dropped my ak47 :) :gday:

Attachments

• auto AK47 (1).JPG
    auto AK47 (1).JPG
    11 KB · Views: 14

Bighill

And it begins! I haven't even finished sunday yet and your allready getting high in monday.

The top 5 could be put on a poll, or if we can fit everyone put the whole list of us and it gets voted on for a 7 day period and top 3 take it. That way weight isn't the only factor?!

I suppose this wouldn't matter if there wasn't some thing to "win".

Just thinking out loud folks.

Bh.

vicious bee

A poll is best. I may have got ahead of myself. I'm not sure I'll have the space. The prize is redundant. Just seeing a lot of grows in party cups is fun. Have you seen the shot glass grow on ICMag? Some real innovation there.

F

FullDuplex

lol my bad i was wayy to high on that one ;)

for real tho, we all should do this for fun and educational purposes, theres no need for dishonest and cheating !

I couldnt agree more on this. Ill get as much out of watching and learning as well as the knowledge. I never really intended for a prize when i started this. I wanted to see what a buch of canna growers could do with there skills.

And it begins! I haven't even finished sunday yet and your allready getting high in monday.

The top 5 could be put on a poll, or if we can fit everyone put the whole list of us and it gets voted on for a 7 day period and top 3 take it. That way weight isn't the only factor?!

I suppose this wouldn't matter if there wasn't some thing to "win".

Just thinking out loud folks.

Bh.

I agree BH and i can bet that there are gonna be a bunch of seeds getting wet today!:jump:

just dropped my ak47 :) :gday:

Nice and glad to see the start! Ill have my pics and details up tonight:tiphat:

Zendo

started seeds today.

Strain: Sour 60
How many: 4
Time till harvest: 60 days give or take.
Light wattage: t5 to 600W to 1000W among other plants.
Foods: Aerated Compost Teas + General Organics products.
Medium: Sunshine growers natural and organic / EWC/ mycorrhizal fungi

HookaHittaH

I got some Lowasis and Bad Bettys goin for this. Ill see which one looks like its growing the best and choose that one. I have some LR2 fems that I started a week ago. Would these qualify for this or they have to be started today? I always start in beer cups so its just a matter of me leaving them in there. Good luck with your grows everyone.

F

FullDuplex

I got some Lowasis and Bad Bettys goin for this. Ill see which one looks like its growing the best and choose that one. I have some LR2 fems that I started a week ago. Would these qualify for this or they have to be started today? I always start in beer cups so its just a matter of me leaving them in there. Good luck with your grows everyone.

Id like to see them start this week. Only because its the time line that all the other guys are gonna be using. I also have decided to run a few bad betties along in this run so i can get a good taste and look at her as well as breed with her :jump:

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just put some beans in water (soften) and they will be soon in jiffy pellet before they go in 500ml /0,5l/16oz cup... i mean bottle

peace

F

FullDuplex

So Far Today......

So Far Today......

Well guys i went through the thread to see the official entries and this is what i have. If i have missed you please PM me and ill add you to my list as well as edit this post for record.

And Mossy Id love to see you in this too for the fun.:dance013: I know your weather is rough but what better to have the breeder of some of these strains involved. :tiphat:

Good Luck to all of you !!!

Bighill
Strain: Auto assasin (Untested F2's) No guts no glory!
How many: 10
'Til harvest: 10 weeks
Watts: 400mh till sex 600hps to finish

Fullduplex
Strain: Bud Wider & Bad Betty
How many:4/5
Time till harvest:9 maybe 10 weeks
Light wattage: 250 MH till sex then 250 HPS till harvest

anonamix
Strain: Punk Chunk
How Many: 5
Time til' Harvest: 9-10 weeks
Watts: TBD, most likely around 200w of cfls

zendo

LBH
Strain:LBH's Auto Sour Diesel Haze
How many: 4/5
Time till harvest:15/16 weeks(i hope)
Light wattage the SUN!!/outdoor (last weeks meabey indoor becorse of cold afther window)

redspaghetti
Strain:Big Kush
Time till harvest: 9 weeks
Light wattage: unknown yet

angel4us
Strain:sour 60
How many:10 seeds
Light:eek:utdoor till weather shits then 600 hps

HookaHittaH
Strain: lowasis & bad Betty

shroomyshroom
Strain AK47

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well guys i went through the thread to see the official entries and this is what i have. If i have missed you please PM me and ill add you to my list as well as edit this post for record.

And Mossy Id love to see you in this too for the fun.:dance013: I know your weather is rough but what better to have the breeder of some of these strains involved. :tiphat:

Good Luck to all of you !!!

Bighill
Strain: Auto assasin (Untested F2's) No guts no glory!
How many: 10
'Til harvest: 10 weeks
Watts: 400mh till sex 600hps to finish

Fullduplex
Strain: Mossy's Bud Wider & Bad Betty
How many:4/5
Time till harvest:9 maybe 10 weeks
Light wattage: 250 MH till sex then 250 HPS till harvest

anonamix
Strain: Punk Chunk
How Many: 5
Time til' Harvest: 9-10 weeks
Watts: TBD, most likely around 200w of cfls

zendo

LBH
Strain:LBH's Auto Sour Diesel Haze
How many: 4/5
Time till harvest:15/16 weeks(i hope)
Light wattage the SUN!!/outdoor (last weeks meabey indoor becorse of cold afther window)

redspaghetti
Strain:Big Kush
Time till harvest: 9 weeks
Light wattage: unknown yet

HookaHittaH
Strain: lowasis & bad Betty

shroomyshroom
Strain AK47

what counts as an official entry? i know i posted this two days ago

""party cups" are all i use to grow in my indoor grow box. i have the box full with 21 party cups that are flowering at the moment. i'm going to get my 125 feliz fluoro in my seeding box and grow 12 sour snow's just to get in this action.""

i guess i didn't get your germination date. i assumed you meant they should be germed and in dirt by the 12th. i guess i'm out. i put them in water two days ago and have 8 that germed now in cups. still waiting for 7 others to pop open. these will all be done under a 125 watt feliz fluorescent light.

Bighill

smokey you are close enough, imo. :D I don't think we are splitting hairs here. I belive an entry has to be grown in a 16oz container so the guys over the pond can join in (beer cups are hard to come by). No hydro, only soil/coco/compo. No raised transplanting and such. Just trying to see the best result in a 16oz container. Your entry is the BEST female of a max 10 to select from.

Got mine soaking. They are kind of fresh still so we'll see how my germ rates are. I stuck them in the freezer the last week, hoping to get the last of the moisture out.

Bh.

F

FullDuplex

i guess i didn't get your germination date. i assumed you meant they should be germed and in dirt by the 12th. i guess i'm out.

Your good, i agree with BH. You got them going already and they are not out of dirt yet. Besides were all going to all have different finish times anyway. I mean the germ date is really for point of reference.

smokey you are close enough, imo. :D I don't think we are splitting hairs here. I belive an entry has to be grown in a 16oz container so the guys over the pond can join in. No hydro, only soil/coco/compo. No raised transplanting and such. Just trying to see the best result in a 16oz container. Your entry is the BEST female of a max 10 to select from.

Got mine soaking. They are kind of fresh still so we'll see how my germ rates are. I stuck them in the freezer the last week, hoping to get the last of the moisture out.

Bh.

Hit the nail on the head :tiphat:

Its all about the skill, and what we can turn out of a 16oz container

HookaHittaH

That is fine FD. I got my beans in the soil this morning after an over night soak. The others I have already sprouted will be going in my garden soon. I hope I can keep them alive with 100 degree temps. I will have to deep soak everyday most likely... going to suck if I have to go out of town for something. Maybe some mulch will help out. How will we put in LBH's entry with a 16week finishing time? We will all have to wait till then? I would think the small cup would speed up the budding process. Good luck guys looking forward to the grows.

F

FullDuplex

That is fine FD. I got my beans in the soil this morning after an over night soak. The others I have already sprouted will be going in my garden soon. I hope I can keep them alive with 100 degree temps. I will have to deep soak everyday most likely... going to suck if I have to go out of town for something. Maybe some mulch will help out. How will we put in LBH's entry with a 16week finishing time? We will all have to wait till then? I would think the small cup would speed up the budding process. Good luck guys looking forward to the grows.

It will be nice to see a late season outdoor grow. I think that i could get away with it here too as the season goes as far as late OCT. Only thing is that i too have the same heat issues that you do. I have been in the 100-109 F range the last few weeks, which is unheard of in my area but usually it stays 85-92 so its been HOT.

The mulch is a great idea, i typically use Pine Straw to keep the moisture in check when i am gone. Mulch or Pine Straw will assist you in keeping the ground moist. When you transplant into the ground i would fill the dirt back in the hole all the way except for about 2-3 in. With the 2-3 in left over fill it with the mulch of your choice and then spread the rest around id say in about an 8in radius that way the ground surrounding as well as the main watering area will have enough mulch to hold some water while gone.

as far as LBH we are gonna have to hope that the cup speeds up the process on the budding. I know that if you limit the room on some AF's they'll flower premature so maybe this will happen to LBH's haze but its all about genetics too so it should be interesting.

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
stickyyyyyyyyyy

Indeed we will see how this gow otherwise it will be funny too see autoflowers over one meter high in smale cup/bottle.

F

FullDuplex

stickyyyyyyyyyy

Indeed we will see how this gow otherwise it will be funny too see autoflowers over one meter high in smale cup/bottle.

yep it will be interesting and a good laugh. I cant wait to see what some of these will do.

And another sticky:dance013: two in a row, not to shabby:jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts