What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

F

FullDuplex

Okay, I did a quick banner/sig type thing. I was thinking I could make one for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, So it would be some kind of prize for their sig hahah i dont know, just a thought

Heres what i have so far, I can change/add/take out anything so let me know.

picture.php

As for my entry..

Strain: Punk Chunk
How Many: 5
Time til' Harvest: 9-10 weeks
Watts: TBD, most likely around 200w of cfls

this is an awesome job my man. I wish i had that area of computer skills. I mainly work on WAN's, LAN's, and server stuff.

anonamix

Haha thanks man. Ive been doing alot with gimp, photoshop, corell painter, and adobe flash. And for chirstmas I got a bamboo pen/tablete for my laptop, which i looove.

Funny thing is.. I wish I had more of your computer skills. Seems like Im always paying money to reformat or fix a computer. The tech stuff like that has always been beyong me.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
i did it has been deleted from everyone's sig and the picture no longer even displays in my private msg any more....

F

FullDuplex

i did it has been deleted from everyone's sig and the picture no longer even displays in my private msg any more....

hmm i saw it back a few pages but not anymore its like it vanished.

Glad to see all the interest still in this i cant wait to get started

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I binned a couple posts in here trying to stay within the TOU. Once I get an answer from admin about maybe having a prize for this I do not want to get it deleted so I removed the posts.

S_a_H

F

FullDuplex

I binned a couple posts in here trying to stay within the TOU. Once I get an answer from admin about maybe having a prize for this I do not want to get it deleted so I removed the posts.

S_a_H

Thank you sir i saw that this happened a few times, didnt know that it would go that route. I was just looking for fun but this has really taken off and i am excited about it. Glad to have an admin on my side though to take care of what i cant delete to keep it in the TOU

Thanks S_a_H

F

FullDuplex

well guys i will be traveling tomorrow back to my home. I cant wait even though i have been on vacation this has been on my mind, its been driving me nuts though that i have had limited access cause i cant follow as close as id like.

So Monday it Begins!

anonamix

well guys i will be traveling tomorrow back to my home. I cant wait even though i have been on vacation this has been on my mind, its been driving me nuts though that i have had limited access cause i cant follow as close as id like.

So Monday it Begins!

Yes Yes! I am very excited for the start of all these awesome little auto party-cup grows!

I think a 1st place prize would of been cool. but we'll all need to boost rep for the winner or somthin lol. I know it wont be me, but I gotta contribute. :dance013:

I guess count me in, I just managed to get increase my germ rate drastically with my S60 F2s so now I have tons to play with.. I'm down..

BB

Nicoli

Veteran
I suppose i'll enter. I found a some space for a few beer cups.

i'll start a few DieselRyder x Masterlow

also: 7.Dry time is going to be a set 10 days from chop. I know that some strains are going to finish at different times than others so this is the only way to get an accurate account of the actual yield of the plant.

In regards to the above, are you saying we have to dry the buds for 10 days? If I let buds dry for more than 5 days they will be dust. That's just my particular environment. They dry in the 3-5 day range.

Please clarify. Ty!

Bighill

Nicoli: At my place if i let mine hang for 10 days they are dry, but if you jar it you still see moisture come out. I was thinking a week to 10 days so that we are sure the bud is dry, if i hung mine for 5 days and weighed it you guys are going to get a good amount of wet weight still. 10 days to a week is where i usually hang mine, then jar it to avoid moldy jars of slop! It is really only for your one entry, not your whole crop.
Some kind of standard dry time should help us keep weights fair.

What were your thoughts?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's would seem very hard to be sure all the buds are equally dry, there are just too many variables. maybe each person should dry the bud the same way they would for smoking it.

that means the buds need to be dried and then jarred for a night and checked again for the moisture that this will cause to sweat out of the middle. after this you lay them out for a half a day more till they are perfect for jarring. after which you still want to open the jar once every few days till you are sure the buds are no longer changing. doing the last stage of drying, i.e. the sweat box and re drying will reduce weight by another 10 % but the bud can be safely packed with no risk of mold caused by rest moisture. to make it fair maybe you all should agree on bone dry, or packing dry, or selling wet :), or weigh each plant after cutting it at the base, no trim nothing, just weigh the whole plant, take a pic showing scale and plant, that way every ones plants are the same stage of dryness, or wetness in this case?

Really there's no way you're going to be able to prove anyone's is completely dry to your standards so regardless of how long we're supposed to dry, when we germinate, etc. While beneficial to compare for those of us that are just having a good, 'for kicks' time with it, isn't going to do much for anyone that's dishonest or prefers to have their bud dried less, or even trims a lot less.. If you live in a very humid or very dry environment and happen to be drying in a basement where it's 10 degrees cooler than say your attic, the difference will be very noticable in your final weight. You'd probably get more honest results by not even having a prize as some people just have that "do anything to win" personality.. About the only thing that can really be told without everyone being together in person to compare is the final 'look' of the product and even that can be skewed by the difference in photographic ability.. I guess my point is I'm not getting TOO hung up on the finer details.. I just wanna see what a bunch of us CannaGeeks can do given limited resources.. Good luck!

Strain: Sour 60 F2
How many: probably 10 initial, aiming for 5 females ultimately, done outdoors for the most part
Time till harvest: 10 weeks, give or take some days.
Light wattage: 400ish watts T5s to start, then how many lumens is the sun?

BB