What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with picking an auto for outdoors?

rocket high

Veteran
it's strange it's only the one that has had a violent reaction .... she might recover ..but she might not its up to nature now ;)

Ok i agree..My DR are now at 10", 20 days old..still sitting in cups waiting on sex, if they were in ground they would be doing better im sure..Oh well..

Cheer's to every1...

rocket high

Veteran
this is my first soil - auto- outdoor grow so ive made mistakes ..next year it'll be better and bigger if all goes well ;)

THC123

Veteran
you are doing great rocket high

I really didn't want to criticise , everything is looking healthy,just wanted to give a tip to get the most out of it in the future

:tiphat:

rocket high

Veteran
we're all cool then ...........happy days
cant wait till two and a half months time to see what has spawned ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats one of the great things about posting up details about what one does in a thread. you always get lots of good tips and feedback. there is always some thing more to learn. at least until you are dead anyway. can't learn much after that :)

rocket high

Veteran
here's a update from today

The big devil that had transplanting shock is fine now thank god.
Repotted the last big devil today so it's all systems go :jump:

I also put copper wire around the bottom of the girls for max protection against the slug's ;)

PH'd the stream water it's quite high at 8.0 but no probs ive taken the PH down to 6.5 ...will need to keep doing this tho which sucks....... it's two trips to the stream every time they need water...so the quicker i get the rain catcher finished the better :)

anyway here's the pic's

this is the big devil that looked ill yesterday
picture.php

these are the fastbud's they look healthy
picture.php

these are the big devils... all good now :)
picture.php

group shot
picture.php

big dog hair put all around the pen (fort)lol
picture.php

pride of the fast bud's :)
picture.php

barbed wire coiled at the bottom of the pic (hard to see)
picture.php

poor deer (munched) now
picture.php

the last pic is of the poor deer that got it's leg caught on the fence and got eaten ..pretty grim ..... shit pic tho sorry ...

rocket high

Veteran
the girl's have had a reaction to the new soil and the new soil was flushed as well ..maybe too strong for them at the moment ...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
they look good to me, even if it's a bit hot now, they will deal with it and things will cool down fast the next few waterings or rain days i think. the sooner you kook up the wick system and water collector the better though. those pots can dry out fast once the plants get bigger. i'm very curious to see your solution for auto watering. i kinda understand what you want to do, but seeing it will make things clearer i hope.

peace and puffs

Iron Lungs

that is the most "hardcore" out door grow ive ever seen! ha, ive never seen barbwire used for a grow! i love it tho! you should of made it electric! :)

G

Guest129216

I can't believe I didn't find your thread earlier mate. This is the coolest shit. Very exciting indeed. Our grows are kind of similar, but not, if you know what I mean. Our skill level and autos and pots and such...... Poor deer though..... I wish you the best of luck. Have learnt alot in here.

:lurk:

rocket high

Veteran
hi gaiusmarius i hope it dosen't stunt them with the hot soil ...i think i will need to water them every 3-4 day's with this warm weather we are having at the moment oh and am re-thinking my water collector system i think the wick's will dry before they get to the capillary matting so im thinking of putting it closer to the pen ...uphill of coarse .. will do this next time am down :biggrin:

rocket high

Veteran
hi iron lungs i thought about electrifing it as well but that means carring car batteries ...too heavy for me i think ...i also thought about digging pits too lol

rocket high

Veteran
I can't believe I didn't find your thread earlier mate. This is the coolest shit. Very exciting indeed. Our grows are kind of similar, but not, if you know what I mean. Our skill level and autos and pots and such...... Poor deer though..... I wish you the best of luck. Have learnt alot in here.

:lurk:

glad to have you bom ive seen your extreme growing methods and i like them ..will be copying some for next year's grow for sure :)

rocket high

Veteran
hi bom

yes i'll test this method so you can make your mind up if you want to use it or not
i was down today to check on them ..some insects have been nibbling on them and i dont like the light green the the fast buds have turned and the big devils look nute burned so all not well at the moment ..

last night it was 6c so the girls wont like that and the big devil that had the transplant stress has decided to have another funny turn ...he must be a rougue plant lol
A sunny 22c today so they've had a good spell of weather and have grown a node so that's good news :).....will post pics later

picture.php

easy bud looks like a nitrogen problem

picture.php

group shot of easy buds

picture.php

group shot of big devils day 6 outside

picture.php

the little big devil that had the transplant stress has had a bad turn for some reason

picture.php

big devil leaf with nute burn by the looks of it

picture.php

big devil that's been eaten by a insect of some sort :(

picture.php

water catcher res ..just needs a plastic liner and its ready to go:wave:

rocket high

Veteran
it worrys me all these deficiencies happening when i need them to be in tip top shape with this good weather were having at the moment ...sod's law

nealcook420

I had a big devil outside and it made not even a joint, but the indoor girls are doing great. looks like youve got better weather conditions then I had though, yours already look better than my single outdoor big devil did when she finished.