What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYLD cheesehead autos

C

cheesey

Whey Hay Bro, lovely little ladies Cheesey!
What Nutes & Adds Programme you using this time man?. are you still hand watering? Any plans for automation? Looking V-Cool matey! G'Luck, i'll have to have some of these beans off ya bro! ;)

canna A/B, canna coco, regen a root , and headmasta . will hand water them there only in small pots 3.6 ltr under a 400w hps digi
there on a ph 5.8 and ec 1.2 atm and ill go up to ec 1.6 in full flower . hopefully out of the 15 seedlings ill find a good male and 7 or 8 females . ill seed 1 or 2 in my small tent with a 250w then flower the other girls in the big tent under the 400w . so all meen well ill have 2 or 3000 seed in 8 weeks time .

uptosumpn

Veteran
DAMM!!!! 2 or 3000 NYLD SEEDS??!!!?? CrAzY!!!!! that's a lot of $$$$$$ on seedbay, huh???? LOL!!!

C

cheesey

2 packs of NYCD AND 2 packs of NYLD is being listed on seedbay today due to nun payers .
grab them when you can there wont be any more nycd autos and the f2 nyld will be 8 to 9 weeks till they are ready to sell .

Scrogerman

Veteran
Aint them NYCD Auto's Bloody Massive Yielders Bro? Like silly massive big Yielders? What sort of numberrs can people expect if their grown out to full potential? typical wish i had the cash, im putting some to one side for thigs like this in future! Good luck with your seed run Buddy! ;)

C

cheesey

Aint them NYCD Auto's Bloody Massive Yielders Bro? Like silly massive big Yielders? What sort of numberrs can people expect if their grown out to full potential? typical wish i had the cash, im putting some to one side for thigs like this in future! Good luck with your seed run Buddy! ;)

my tester yeilded a little over 3oz dry from 1 and just under 4oz from the other in a bubbler .

cheers mate

uptosumpn

Veteran
ahh shit cheesy, now you went ahead and put NYCD on seedbay!!!? DAMMIT and there will be NO MORE??, as you know I already ordered your NYLD, but damm, I would like to get those NYCD too! gotta check the finances....any idea on what yeild is growing in soil???

C

cheesey

ahh shit cheesy, now you went ahead and put NYCD on seedbay!!!? DAMMIT and there will be NO MORE??, as you know I already ordered your NYLD, but damm, I would like to get those NYCD too! gotta check the finances....any idea on what yeild is growing in soil???

i would say around 2 oz in soil . as my tester used a bubbler to get his 3.5oz yeild . thats the last pack of nycd . but i still have 50 seeds so i may do some f2s the end of the yr .

F

freefields

I planted 9 seeds of NYLD, 3 seeds each to a 5 litre pot of soil. Sadly, all 3 in one pot were male and 2 in another pot were male so i have one female in a pot on it's own and 3 females sharing one pot. They are stuck in a corner of my cupboard with a 400w MH (HPS suck for flowering with top quality) and my plants are around a foot high, I expect about 10g each from them. No camera so can't take pics and no scales cos I don't sell, but I'll do a smoke report.

C

cheesey

I planted 9 seeds of NYLD, 3 seeds each to a 5 litre pot of soil. Sadly, all 3 in one pot were male and 2 in another pot were male so i have one female in a pot on it's own and 3 females sharing one pot. They are stuck in a corner of my cupboard with a 400w MH (HPS suck for flowering with top quality) and my plants are around a foot high, I expect about 10g each from them. No camera so can't take pics and no scales cos I don't sell, but I'll do a smoke report.

realy u should of put 1 plant per pot . autos need root space .
how meny days are you with them ?
10 grams a plant ? u must be doing something wrong im sorry to say
out of all the nyld what people have grown they all have yeilded solild buds and yeild has all been over 1 oz per plant dryed n cured ..
i guess its the luck of the draw how meny females you get per 10 .
1 of my testers got 9 fems in 10 seeds .

F

freefields

I'm not doing anything wrong, to devote 9 x 11 litre pots to a pack of autos would be crazy as I only popped these to see if the potency is any better than the last autos I did years ago that were basically hemp in quality. I just put them in 3 x 5 litre pots in one empty corner of my grow to see what the quality is like. Imho autos indoors is stupid, pointless, my interest in autos is purely to see if they are worthwhile for outdoors next year.

Mine are on day 36 today, they took 25 days to show sex under 12/12 lighting. By contract, an indica that has been flowering 12/12 from seed next to them looks to be about a week ahead and a couple of inches taller.

I shall have to borrow a cam to take some snaps before I chop em.

Tropic

Hey Cheesy those hybrids look really good, I missed them on the 1st release but this time I managed to grab a pack! Thanks for putting these out!
Freefields, your low expected yield could be because of planting several plants in a pot? I've done it and found it reduces yield, especially on AFs since they really like some rootspace. Don't want to sound like an ass but are you feeding them correctly, are they in quality soil? I've found some AFs have a hard time in too heavy soil mixes.
Just to be curious, what strains did you grow last year that had no potency?

Ramius

Veteran
I'm not doing anything wrong, to devote 9 x 11 litre pots to a pack of autos would be crazy as I only popped these to see if the potency is any better than the last autos I did years ago that were basically hemp in quality. I just put them in 3 x 5 litre pots in one empty corner of my grow to see what the quality is like. Imho autos indoors is stupid, pointless, my interest in autos is purely to see if they are worthwhile for outdoors next year.

Mine are on day 36 today, they took 25 days to show sex under 12/12 lighting. By contract, an indica that has been flowering 12/12 from seed next to them looks to be about a week ahead and a couple of inches taller.

Wow, that's the first time I've seen anyone say autos grown indoors is stupid.

cheesey pulled 4oz dry from his nycd auto indoors in 9 weeks from seed.

F

freefields

Like I said, I'm just testing them for potency to see if they are worth doing outdoors.

I can flower an indica 12/12 from seed indoors and get the same result or just flower a clone, autos are only of interest to me for outdoors.

C

cheesey

the nyld are 14 days old today and just sexed them . so far i have 4 fems 2 males and the rest arnt showing yet .

Zendo

Just a thought...

Maybe stop comparing them to the other plants in your room?

You are giving them the wrong light schedule, and growing multiple plants in undersized containers 'in the corner' of your room.

Your yield and strain potential will be low, and then, you'll come on here and talk about how awful autos are, etc..

BTW, thanks for calling everyone in here growing indoors 'stupid' and deeming what we are doing as 'pointless'..

F

freefields

You have completely misunderstood what I said Zendo.

Seeing as I regularly produce 40-50g plants in 2 litre pots of coco, 5 litres shouldn't be undersized, if autos need huge pots then that is a downside indeed.

I was clear about why I was testing these autos, you have missed the point altogether.

The female I had in a pot on it's own threw a couple of nanners and was culled yesterday.