What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
IceColdCrickets do you mind stating the NPK in each of your ferts as i dont think we have FoxFarm ferts here is australia... cause i am deff wanting to try this out and use the closest matching fert i can find :D if your grow logs are anything to go by this thread is like telling everyone how to turn stone in to diamonds :D

much respect for you brother

geekusa

My plants just hit day 7, so I ran out and picked up an airstone and the tea is brewing.

Thank you so much for this guide I'll be putting it to good use.

geekusa

IceColdCrickets do you mind stating the NPK in each of your ferts as i dont think we have FoxFarm ferts here is australia... cause i am deff wanting to try this out and use the closest matching fert i can find :D if your grow logs are anything to go by this thread is like telling everyone how to turn stone in to diamonds :D

much respect for you brother

I found a nice detailed picture of the front of the box:

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/prod_big_pom_fruitflow.html

If you need to know something else specific let me know and I can look at the side of the box.

Kuroth

Ok.. noob question but what exactly does "brewing the TEA" mean??? Do I just add this 1 table spoon of This to a pH balanced gallon of water mix good and then put a air stone in for 4 hrs before I use it??? Is that what "brewing the TEA" is???

Thanks!

Great thread Crickets! Lots of great info for me as I will soon be starting my journey into AF's! I've got some Auto Ak-47 as well as the others to add to the pool..
Thanks a lot man

GFam

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow very impressive early growth!!!!

Gonna have to go find some Fox Farm products and try this out. My soil mix is too heavy and hot for doing well at starting seedlings. It's more suited to transplanting rooted clones and flowering them out.

How tall do the plants get and on average how much yield do you get out of a plant growing in a 5.5"x5.5" pot it's whole life?

Kuroth

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Peace of Mind® Fruit & Flower Organic Fertilizer (5-8-4)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Master Gardener Approved[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Fruit & Flower delivers multiple blooms and great bud set for all your flowering plants. You’ll get brighter colors, spellbinding scents, and delicious flavors, all thanks to the extra boost that comes from the micronutrients and living organisms in our fertilizers. You might not see the healthy root system below ground, but the multiple branching and heavy bud set above ground will tell you that your plants are well-fed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Fruit & Flower is pH-balanced with premium organic ingredients like bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, feather meal and humic acid, a naturally occurring organic material that is formed when organic matter decomposes. Humic acid helps with seed germination and may increase the uptake of important micronutrients.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Best of all, FoxFarm adds 20 species of beneficial microbes to help convert fertilizers into vital plant food and fight off disease. Fruit & Flower is granulated and easy to use, and it provides gentle, slow-release feedings all season long. All of our Peace of Mind® organic fertilizers are specially formulated to replenish the soil, lift the human spirit, and beautify the Earth, naturally. Bring your plants to life![/FONT]

yes. brewing the tea releases the nutrients in the water making it available for quick uptake. It also activates the micro organisms making your soil/less mix a living bio culture, providing the best conditions for maximum root health.

Look for an update later today,, and be sure to look at the first post as i will be adding things to it aswell.

ICC.

Thanks man for all the great Info... Do I actually Brew(heat, boil) the mixture on my stove like making real tea??? Or just mix it only???? This is my main question about what exacrly brewing means in this case.. :1help:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you pre-crack/scuff your seeds? Do you soak/paper towel them? Or do you start them in soil in the 5.5"x5.5" pots?

easypeasyjapeneezzy coco loco

easypeasyjapeneezzy coco loco

botanicare coco=20$ dollars
floranovabloom=30$ dollars
brita waterfilter=16$ dollars
total= 66$

plants are absolutely thriving!!!
first time grow with coco experience. am sold and looking towards many more-

M

mossy

I was wondering how you got your results.
You have the best results I have seen on AF's from such a small pot.

Would the tip about the bubble stone work on all canna ferts..
or just the brand you name.
Just wondering if it is worth me investing in one for my girls..?

pounds

will be looking at this thread for sure! got 10 lowryders and 20 blue streaks coming hopefully any day now!

canned abyss1

Veteran
Excellent information ICC, I am doing hydro, but if I decide to go back to soil I will definitely have to give this setup a try.

drago

Soil Preperation: Optional* Add 1/2 cup of FoxFarm Peace of Mind 'Fruit and Flower' Per bag of this mix. Mix WELL!

are you adding this to the 1.5 bag or the 12 qrt.
thanks

indifferent

Veteran
While I'm not against the whole AF thing per se, Lowryder is garbage, bred from hemp (they found an AF, very early pheno of the hemp strain Finola) and the potency is just not there, LR2 is a little better, but still, just not very good.

Apart from being able to flower them in a veg space, I see no point in these AF strains indoors, just grow a better strain 12/12 from seed to keep it short.

canned abyss1

Veteran
While I'm not against the whole AF thing per se, Lowryder is garbage, bred from hemp (they found an AF, very early pheno of the hemp strain Finola) and the potency is just not there, LR2 is a little better, but still, just not very good.

Apart from being able to flower them in a veg space, I see no point in these AF strains indoors, just grow a better strain 12/12 from seed to keep it short.

If you are running your veg room at 12/12 then it is no longer a veg room it is a flowering room. Hence the need for AF's. If you grow a 12/12 strain in a normal veg room it will not flower.

lwheidt

Why do people not want to believe autos are potent?
I have grown a few autos (blue streak, lowlifers mix, Diesel Ryder) and they have all been very potent. Some have been very low yielding, but all have been good strong smoke. I think autos could be very useful in so many situations. You can hide them in gardens, grow them in small spaces, and finish them outdoors months earlier than other strains.
All one requires is a little imagination to understand how useful autos are to some people.
I have spent hours imagining what I could do outside with 1000 auto seeds. One could plant them April 1 an Harvest early July with pounds and pounds and pounds.

And, it is important to realize that autos are being crossed like crazy with the best strains in the whole world, so the future looks even brighter.

bromhexine

the question is will it be possible to breed out the hemp in the genetics whilst maintaining the autoflowering gene. i think its obvious that since lowryder first emerged that the crosses are getting much bigger and stronger and better. only a matter of time before we see an auto haze that you can harvest in august :)

Status
Not open for further replies.