What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb??

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Nycd allegedly has some Hawaiian, any relation to the Maui in CB,
I wonder, that would be interesting.

Working with some nycd x sensi star and have strong cherry in
the F1.

UPDATE:

I slouch corrected. There is no Hawaiian in nycd, as far as I know. But I still
wonder where the cherry comes from.

Last edited:

J-Icky

So are these seeds available anywhere online in pure form? Also does anyone have any experience with the Maui Waui from Sativa Seeds? Are they really Maui Waui or are they just some random seeds that they are hoping the nostalgia and stories will get people to buy them.

I also know Spice is a mix of Haw. Indica and Haw. Sativa but are there any other PURE hawaiian strains available as regular seed right now. I really want the Wowie but if I can't I know I def want a pure Hawaiian and be able to make my own seeds as needed so don't want anything that is only available in feminized form.

Thanks for any and all help on this and if any of this is against rules then please ignore me.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So are these seeds available anywhere online in pure form? Also does anyone have any experience with the Maui Waui from Sativa Seeds? Are they really Maui Waui or are they just some random seeds that they are hoping the nostalgia and stories will get people to buy them.

I also know Spice is a mix of Haw. Indica and Haw. Sativa but are there any other PURE hawaiian strains available as regular seed right now. I really want the Wowie but if I can't I know I def want a pure Hawaiian and be able to make my own seeds as needed so don't want anything that is only available in feminized form.

Thanks for any and all help on this and if any of this is against rules then please ignore me.

Verdant Green has cherrybomb seeds.. I've been meaning to swoop up a pack myself

El Sobilly

Hey y’all,
Keeping this thread alive and grateful for the info! I’m looking to run mr greengenes cherry bomb outdoors in the Bay Area...and I’m wondering about harvest timing window? Has anyone flowered these outside? Realistically mid-November is as late as is practical for me here, and space is too valuable to waste on unfinishable plants!

Cloneman

Veteran
Like these...

picture.php

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going, thanks everyone for keeping it alive! I have no good excuse for jumping ship here, so I won't bother to try. It's great to see good friends again, let me know what's been going on? As kankakee points out, Swami Organic stocks pure Cherry Bomb seeds. They are the real deal, and Swami has my blessing for keeping the strain.

Once again, thanks all for keeping my reputation alive, and no I ain't dead yet!

MGG

Kankakee

hey Mr. green

swami always said great things about you in conversation. he went out of his way about it, guess you guys really hit it off ... and congrats on being a real breeder.... the game has gone bizarro'

.... After the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths, Lex Luthor orders his scientific team to create a clone of Superman. Incorrectly starting from the assumption that Superman is a human with metahuman abilities (his alien origin had not yet been revealed), the process results in a flawed copy, which Luthor dismissively refers to as "...this bizarre -- Oh, forget it", before ordering for the subject to be disposed of. The clone survives and, although mute and possessed of only limited intelligence and vague memories of Clark Kent's life, attempts to mimic Superman. He kidnaps Lois Lane and is finally destroyed when colliding with Superman in mid-air. Each time he exerted himself, the clone crumbled slightly. When Lois Lane's sister, who had been blinded in a terrorist attack, is exposed to Bizarro's dust, she regains her sight. While Superman had not expected this effect, he speculated that Bizarro heard the sister explain her partial recovery and may have deliberately allowed himself to be killed in order to cure her. " .....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep, a huge surprise, but a pleasant one.

great to hear from Mr. G!

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going, thanks everyone for keeping it alive! I have no good excuse for jumping ship here, so I won't bother to try. It's great to see good friends again, let me know what's been going on? As kankakee points out, Swami Organic stocks pure Cherry Bomb seeds. They are the real deal, and Swami has my blessing for keeping the strain.

Once again, thanks all for keeping my reputation alive, and no I ain't dead yet!

MGG

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"hey Mr. green

swami always said great things about you in conversation. he went out of his way about it, guess you guys really hit it off ... and congrats on being a real breeder.... the game has gone bizarro'"

Hi Kankakee,
I'm glad to be back here, I guess it wasn't real smart of me to ignore my IC accoount for so long. It's funny you call me a real breeder. Times are changing! Back in the day I would always be labeled a hobbyist or closet breeder by the guys that were trying to establish themselves as 'professional'. I never gave them much argument, but always thought it was strange that they would pay so much attention to little old me. But, in recent years, I've found that I'm not so little. Indeed, the saying 'build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door' seems to be working out in my case. Word of mouth is great advertising. Growers from upstate have been cleaning me out (seeds) these last few springs. I may have to consider going 'pro', but I'm in no hurry. I have a daughter who is also expert in many things cannabis as well as a 2 year old son (I know, hold the jokes about F. Zappa!), so we'll be here for some time, playing the long game!

Once again, thanks to all my friends here for remembering me, I'll be around more from now on.

If anyone want's to see proof that I'm a real person, I'm a regular panelist now on the excellent weekly aquaponics podcast, "Growing With Fishes" by PotentPonics here;https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRkqYlFzKpbCXreVKPYFlGg

Zitz

It's great to see you back Mr.Greengenes, I originally became interested in Cherry bomb in reefermans CBII, this was back in prairie fire days or not long after.

Anyways the Sativa part of RM's CBII was of course your CB and it's been on my mind since.

ctg

Veteran
Hey Mr Greengenes,
Great to see you back. You sent me some of the cherry bomb years back. Loved them but lost em when my ex wife threw them out when I was behind the fence for a five year vacation on the feds. Would love to get some back may have to check out swami. Tasty herb for sure.
Thanks again and welcome back!
-ct-

Kankakee

Super cool Mr.G.

I visited this aquaponics greenhouse a few years ago just for building up some knowledge and the owner is super cool ( ex - football pro ). You can really help those in need around the world with that closed loop system. And in the future w/ many people on our planet as traditional methods today will not be viable. I also volunteered at " Plant Chicago " doing research into bio-fuels / aquaponics / and its a hub for smaller businesses within also a closed looped system! Many are out building small operations in Mexico, India etc

A short 5min clip about his operation in Wisconsin - Will Allen's place ( 24 /7 / 365 ) using compost for heat'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9CCxdkOng

1 - million pounds of food.
10,000 fish
300-500 yards worm compost
3 acres of land in green houses
Grow all year using heat from compost piles.
Using vertical space

A packed greenhouse produces a crop value of $5 Square Foot! ($200,000/acre).

The Plant -

https://plantchicago.org/

Last edited:

Coughie

Greengenes, himself!

Life happens, glad to see you back tho!

Have some Cherry Bomb attained through Swami.. any idea what filial generation we might be up to these days?

herbgreen

Veteran
Greengenes, himself!

Life happens, glad to see you back tho!

Have some Cherry Bomb attained through Swami.. any idea what filial generation we might be up to these days?

just Read this the other night...

mr greengrenes:

"Here's the story on CB. A NYC dealer friend of mine found a few seeds in a LB of Maui Wowee about '78. He let me look through the rest of the LB and we found a total of 7. I forget the ratio, but in those days I was getting hip to my present methods, so I used all the boys and saved seeds from all the ladies. There was a bit of variation. My favorite plant was a high yielding, beautiful red stemmed, cherry lifesaver tasting plant I named Cherry Bomb. I didn't backcross, but I did save the original CB plant for a few years to help in comparisons for future generations. I'm not certain, but I think CB is around F20 to F22 now. Inbred all the way, no outcrosses in 32 years. Because I included as many suitable plants as possible in each generation, I maintained enough variation to improve quite a few traits over time. CB is at least as high yielding now, probably more. It's more potent now, but the potency hides some of the nice fruity flavor. Bud structure is improved. CB was always a very tough, hardy, easy to grow strain. Sort of the ideal beginner strain. The 'last one standing' so to speak. I think it's even tougher now than it was, if that's possible. If nothing else, it's fun to see the expressions of growers who expect a long time inbred strain to be lacking in vigor. "

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157582&page=3

This was 8 years ago...

Kankakee

that's very interesting Mr. G. you never out-crossed only line breeding.Is the vigor the same ? my main question.

have you personally grow this strain outdoors ? do all your assumptions still ring true as the above quote from 8 years ago ? anything else you can add today ??? as thing progressed and you focused on this line how many males used for open pollination each year, some more than others ?? can you get into more detail on what you started seeing. did you even use runts or use only vigorous plants ?

thanks !

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
"Here's the story on CB. A NYC dealer friend of mine found a few seeds in a LB of Maui Wowee about '78. He let me look through the rest of the LB and we found a total of 7.

haha... u sure thats not the chemdawg story... sure sounds similar...

Kankakee

the chemdog story'

the queen mother of all b.s. stories ever told. story changed multiple times same 4 guys in early threads started hype-train off nevil's genetics ( already being used inhouse ) by said b.s. artist'. a LB spitting out 7-9 magic seeds all elite and then he sat on more seeds for 9 years LLLOOOOOLLLLLLLL' the very first 7-9 chem threads a total clown car fest' as story changed multiple times

b.s. to 9th synthetic derivative

at least Mr. G never cashed in on his line always passing on for free' and plants today you can still find variety pheno's at F27 or whatever' just as from descriptions by Mr.G from day one.