Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Why do some people not like femenized seeds?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Why do some people not like femenized seeds? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2018, 12:45 AM #1
Burro Johnson

Burro Johnson will become famous soon enoughBurro Johnson will become famous soon enoughBurro Johnson will become famous soon enough
Why do some people not like femenized seeds?

I would like to know why some people don't like femenized seeds
Burro Johnson is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:48 AM #2
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
subbed, I too want to know the science behind that thought

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:21 AM #3
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
They suffer from “fear of a dank planet”.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 02:26 AM #4
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
Fems work great for guerilla from seed to harvest outdoor grows. One seed, one female, all success.

But:

Fems are usually ripping off somone elses creation

Generic in name and appearence

No real promise of being female that doesn't hermie or even a great representation of the name/breed

Cost a lot of money

Few fems ever become clone only, every clon only becomes a fem
What attachment society has in our estimation of our view of our sense of self, is certainly powerful. To reject societies view is a search for higher meaning in all the chaos and apparent order to our experience. The conclusion will be long after we are gone. It appears much else other than search is but chaos. To say it's found implies attachment. Freedom is not attachment, yet all things are bound. Nothing is without consequence so meditate on reactions obtaining higher understanding of the formations. Less reaction, less consequence. Somewhere there is law, there is karma. To be less of an actor and more of a witness. Just watching the structures do their business.
Easy7 is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:29 AM #5
russjcan

russjcan will become famous soon enoughrussjcan will become famous soon enough
If you get regular seeds you can put a boy and a girl together and make your own seeds.
russjcan is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:42 AM #6
Maple_Flail

Maple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the rough
the male plant.

not limited by science how far something can be inbred

just feels more natural *shrug* do i really need reasoning beyond it is what i prefer to pay for?
Maple_Flail is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 AM #7
DrDee

DrDee will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by russjcan View Post
If you get regular seeds you can put a boy and a girl together and make your own seeds.
I agree with russican here

also...a female has to be hermed to create fem seeds. I put a lot of time and effort into a grow and don't want to risk it by using herm prone genetics.
JD
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 03:28 AM #8
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really nice
Personally I like fem seeds. I've only ever had one lot of fem seeds hermie ever and I've grown quite a lot. Funnily enough it was Barbara Bud from the Great Gardener. The rest of the fem seeds I've started from have produced clone after clone with no issues at all. Growing any seed is a gamble. You never know what the results will be. As we know phenos can vary widely even with seeds from the same plant.
insomniac_AU is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:33 AM #9
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really niceinsomniac_AU is just really nice
The reason I buy them is I am growing in a small set up at home. I don't have the time to waste to risk growing a male. I like to know I'm not wasting my time before I start. Just to add I have nothing against the Great Gardener. I think Matt does a great job and shit happens. One of my favourite keeper strains Jean Guy comes from him.
insomniac_AU is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 03:48 AM #10
CosmicCharlie

CosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of light
No males, also risk of hermies
CosmicCharlie is offline Quote