I have been posting for a couple of weeks over on the Grow Room Design and equipment thread. If you would like to see where I started please check out this link -->>
Now, on with the basics and introduction...
Basically the op itself is still under*construction, however, I have decided to go ahead and move my progress from the setup thread to a journal, as the*grow will be under way hopefully by this coming*Monday...
Now let's go over the basic history*and setup of the operation.
I will be running this grow underground in a large storm cellar that was built*back in the*mid to late 90's by a man whom ran*a*concrete business, on a new property I have purchased recently. So this tells me*that the structure itself is made very well and is*going to hold up for a while. I have had a*zero turn mower and a terramite "small*backhoe" on the top of the cellar so*we know it isn't going to cave in...
I have put 3 layers of flat white drylok*masonry paint on the walls and filled*in any cracks I had found in the process with*masonry crack sealer which there were very very few small cracks here and there.
I then built a studded wall structure out*of*2x4s. The cellar itself measures 18ft*long, 8ft wide and 6ft 3 inches tall. So I went*ahead and enclosed a 6ft by 18 foot*room and left a small walkway/lung room on the outside of the grow room.
I insulated the inside of the room with 3/4 inch reflective rigid foam insulation,*reflective side turned towards the grow*room. This material seems very reflective.. The outside studs for the wall in the*lungroom/walkway are also insulated and sealed so this room will be insulated*extremely well. Sealed all cracks and*crevices with spray foam sealer.
I also went ahead and split the center of*the room with studs and foundation support just in case I ever wanna split the rooms*into two, all I have to do is throw on some foam board insulation and it will become two 8x6 rooms... Easy does It!
That is most of the basics for the structure. Oh, And I do have dirt floors that will be lined with plastic and heavy duty tarps over it. I believe this will work just fine because*you seem them do the same thing beneath*homes in crawl spaces, they lay thick plastic to create a vapor barrier.
Now for the electric..
The room is setup with a 100 amp panel*currently and is fed in with 2246 aluminum wire, enough to power an entire home. I will only be running 4 1000 watt lights for now on 240v from a titan Helios 7 controller, but in the future I plane on upgrading to*6000 watts total and also digging out the room deeper and adding a concrete floor to help with height and moisture issues. Honestly before I ever done anything period to*this*cellar I never seen a leak except from around the window which will be sealed.*No moisture has ever been seen either*on the walls or celing.
I will have a 70 pint dehumidifier, 6 inch*insulated duct, 2 blockbuster hoods,*2 dominator xxxl hoods, one carbon filter, a*can fan pro 450cfm inline fan (have*an even stronger one for backup if needed (*connected to a thermostatically controlled outlet, a space heater to heat the room during lights off and a few oscillating fans.
I will be running promix bx, either 3 or 5 gallon grow bags and likely a scrog system as well. It will be my first time ever doing scrog so I will have to get that dialed in.
Basically I feel I am off to a good start.*There may be a few changes that I will make here and there but for now I believe I*am*ready for take off.
This is not my "first grow", I have at least 20 indoor under my belt and 15 plus years*experience outdoors. This is however my first run in the cellar, in a larger grow*area*where I am used to running two 5x5 tents. This will in a way be new to me and I*am extremely excited to see how it all works*out!
I had obtained around 32 cuttings back in*October that have been vegging since they rooted so my first go I am going to just throw them from the solo cups and tote they are in now into 3 gallon grow bags and veg them out for 2 weeks or less before flipping to 12/12. Now I do have a veg room*in a separate location but it is getting some*construction done now as well and I*need to make sure the spider mite infestation is*gone from when I shut it down back*in late August.
I will be running the following clones...
And finally, StarDawg "Corey cut"
This is where I started in the beginning...
This is where we are today folks
... I have come a long way with this project, a little bit of progress at a time because funds are sparse.