What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO and BLUMATS FTW!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey gooroo, why do canna nutes have to be changed every 5-7 days? i guess this would be ok on a small rez where u need to refill every 5 days or so. maybe im just overthinking this. my veg tent has a 5 gal res and it lasts about that range and my flo tent has about a 20 gal drum which i bet would last about a week as well. maybe i am overthinking it lol but knowing me i tend to get lazy and tired and put things off at times and i might try and drag out rez life as long as possible. ever had any issues with it staying in the 2 week range?

G

GOOROO

hey gooroo, why do canna nutes have to be changed every 5-7 days? i guess this would be ok on a small rez where u need to refill every 5 days or so. maybe im just overthinking this. my veg tent has a 5 gal res and it lasts about that range and my flo tent has about a 20 gal drum which i bet would last about a week as well. maybe i am overthinking it lol but knowing me i tend to get lazy and tired and put things off at times and i might try and drag out rez life as long as possible. ever had any issues with it staying in the 2 week range?

never made it more than a week. Becomes stagnate and smells like a dirty fish tank and either clouds up or gets murky.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im with you on the simplifying gooroo. gonna go to straight base nutes and calmag only and see what happens. i'll use up what additives i have with this grow right now and then the next run i can keep track of results loosely.

hey is there different a and b parts for flower and veg for canna coco or is it just the one set like house and garden?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
just a couple days growth with H and G nutes in coco. pretty sweet haircut they got too

Attachments

• P4070533.JPG
    P4070533.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 34
  • P4070534.JPG
    P4070534.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 34

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think im just gonna stick with the h and g nutes. right now im using the aqua line thats for recirculating hydro but im using it in coco and its working just fine. ive got quite a bit of it left so im just gonna stick with it. one of my herijuana is bigger than my clones now and the clones were way bigger just a few days ago. its impressive how fast seedlings grow. gonna flower the 5 wwXbb in a few days. the ak's will be kept in veg as mothers and then one will be flowered in a couple weeks. i think im gonna do 4 rows of 4 in the tent all heavily lollipopped and FIM'd so i get just a crown of buds on each plant with no shake or popcorn, just prime.

im also planning on doing a micro grow, a sort of mini tribute to ticks sogg'n box where im gonna run 1 week veg clones in single cola mini plants, that way i can get a harvest every month instead of every 2.

the more i think of this idea i think i might as well just find a way to either elevate them off the ground a ways and just put them in with the big girls. no sense running extra lights and fans when there's plenty of extra wasted light to spare in there. i hate over thinking all of this stuff........ lol

eyes

Veteran
i think like u said chem ferts are fine but im on g.os line biothrive flopped over from flora nova. i doubt i can run the organic line since it spoils in a few days.

what are u setting your ph at before it drifts upward?

did u say its giving enough runoff so u dont have lockout?

how many cones per how many gallon pots?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i have never checked runoff. no need to. my ph is set at 5.8 in my main res and then is dumped into my bucket res with the drip line. i make like 15 gals and just top off my bucket every day or two. i have the same solution sitting in my big res for up to about 2 weeks and i usually just top that off with fresh. since no nutes are being drawn away by plants and it is just a holding tank the ph doesnt drift at all in my experience.

Drip clean prevents the salt build up and as long as your nute strength is good you wont get lockout i dont think.

you only need one dripper for up to a 5 gal pot. keep in mind smart pots and such use more water since they are porous and the sides dry out fast. ive run 3 gal air pots and they work great with one dripper. im going to use 5 gal buckets with only one dripper since i have some extra buckets with holes in them that would be otherwise unusable from a failed RDWC attempt.

im ordering more coco and stuff right now. as soon as it comes in all the FMS clones will be transplanted into their final containers and dropped into 12/12. i think im gonna let the herijuana and the kushes veg a bit more. the herijuana doesnt yield very well so im gonna veg as long as possible to get em big and squeeze out as much as possible.

here's a pic of the FMS mother plants doin work. almost done. started flushing 2 of the AK's the rest will beging flush in about a week

Attachments

• 20595medhead 041
    20595medhead 041
    127 KB · Views: 46

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so i went in and dumped all the DWC's out and put in plain water with a touch of flora kleen and drip clean. gonna go straight water for the last week or so. while i was in there i took some pics of my favorite AK plant and the only one that didnt hermie. shes a badass bitch. super short and fat with baked potatoe sized buds that are real frosty. shes gonna be my only real keeper of the whole lot i think. shes gonna be my SOG champion lol. i am getting super excited for the coco run with these clones. the coco plants plants turn out so nice and tasty and with the blumats its gonna be a breeze!

Attachments

• P4080543.JPG
    P4080543.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 41
  • P4080544.JPG
    P4080544.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 36

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy DH, nice lookin AK, just aquired some serious AK, hopin' for a Cherry pheno...hey a friend of mine does really well with Flora Nova in coco...no blumats...drip/line fed...how do u think the FN would work wit the blumats? i know its thick before mixed but u think it would clog?

great thread...good info...to the point :)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
ive never used FN. heard good things, but i know its a mix of organic and chem. i would risk it sliming up the cables. i had problems with kelp additives and such so i wouldnt risk it but thats just me.

serious seeds are pretty good from what i hear. u should get some monsters. ima order some "chronic" seeds from serious as well as some mosca negra seeds as soon as this grow is complete.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so i just ordered some airpots off of amazon right now. god they are expensive! my next thread will be coco, blumats and air pots FTW! lol i ran my mothers in airpots a couple rounds ago and they are great. i found a pic of some herijuana on here so i thought id throw it up on here. hopefully mine turn out this good.

Attachments

• herijuana.jpg
    herijuana.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 31

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
A blumat nazi lol.

Everyone should be using Blumats/Coco. Lets take over the world man! ;)

Super Simple Hydro. Why not?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i have somehow lost my digital camera. the memory card was in my laptop but there is no trace of the cam.....WTF lol. so until i find it there wont be any pics or i guess i can do the whole cell phone thing. sucks too, the veglings are getting big. my herijuanas are contesting the clones now for tallest plants. i think im gonna flip them as soon as my coco shows up in the mail. damn the slow shipping! apparently they were out of dripclean so they are waiting to ship my entire order until the DC comes in. what a bitch. gonna tomatoe cage all the plants this round. no more falling over buds damn it!

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
A blumat nazi lol.

Everyone should be using Blumats/Coco. Lets take over the world man! ;)

Super Simple Hydro. Why not?

I dont like the inability to get runoff. I suppose if the plants are on a tray and blumats then they can be watered by hand to runoff when needed, but i always had my blumat plants on the ground and sometimes i like to feed with a nice 1/4 strength and give them a day off...

Desert Hydro

Veteran
if your nutes are in check and you run drip clean there is no need for runoff. but yes, you can still hand water once in a while since the blumat will sense the coco being too wet and will shut off for a day or so. but really if you arent cramming the nutes down their throats there is no need for runoff i dont think

Latest posts

Latest posts