What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Kindness 2400w sealed flowering grow

Hi all. I have had a lot of requests asking me to show the grow room that my husband and I designed for our medical garden.

We have 12' vaulted ceilings, and use botainicare coco and the H&G line of nutrients, aqua flakes a & b, multi zen (formally multi-zyme), root excelerator, organic mollassas, a ph product as well as silica blast from botanicare.

I use 3 gal pots for flowering, and I do not use any perlite in my coco mix. I do not need to rinse my coco before using it, and I find that it is even better the second and thrid time around useing it.

I have 2 1000w hps lights and 1 super blue 400w mh lamp. I am currently not running co2, but plan on adding it in the next 4 weeks, after we harvest everything that is in the current garden as we had a male death star drop pollen in there and pollinate everything. I run a multi-strain perpetual harvest with drippers.

The pictures that follow are of the room from the beginning being mudded through to the present. I will add new picts to this post when I upgrade my room.

I hope you all like it.. as I know we are all picture whores. Please excuse the yellow, it's the hps bulbs, and crappy camera.

Attachments

• mudding room.jpg
    mudding room.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 22
  • room ceiling.jpg
    room ceiling.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 22
  • the fan.jpg
    the fan.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 1000w hps.jpg
    1000w hps.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 19

mjr99

ha ha. worst grow show pictures ever. you built it all up and its just some bald guy with a paint brush.

More room picts :groupwave:

Attachments

• ballast.jpg
    ballast.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1000w hps.jpg
    1000w hps.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2 lights.jpg
    2 lights.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 24
And more

Attachments

• fans.jpg
    fans.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 16
  • ducting y 2.jpg
    ducting y 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 22
  • ducting y.jpg
    ducting y.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 14
  • ducting.jpg
    ducting.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15
And more....:dance013:

Attachments

• hottable2.jpg
    hottable2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 23
  • panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 16
  • panel2.jpg
    panel2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 23
  • resivoir.jpg
    resivoir.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 17
I keep temps steady at 75 F, but will bump them to 80 when I add co2.

I have 1 4' wide plastic kiddie pool and 1 6' wide plastic kiddie pools that I use for resivoirs. I maintain the resivoirs once a week. Since I grow multi strain perpetual harvest, I run 2 different tables, one for early flowering and one for late flowering, and hand water certain strains that need a little extra something.

The entire room is vented, the black thing you see near the top is for condensation collection, it drips outside to the ac unit for recirculation.

Everything is run on 220v ballasts and 220 v digital sun leaves timers.

Next to add to room, replace 4' kiddie pool with a 6' kiddie pool, add co2, replace the 400w mh super blue with a 1000w mh super blue, and add another 1000w mh super blue on top of that, then this room will be set ecept for replacing the bulbs, which in these picts, all of the bulbs have just been replaced with all brand new bulbs all the way around.

The strains shown in these pictures are- ak-47 (a cherry-grape indica heavy yeilding pheno), buddah's sister, death star, white rhino (a very sativa leaning pheno) and strawberry cough.

Each table is 6' x 8'. Average yeild on strains is about 3 oz of nice dried trimmed bud per plant, depending on strain of course.

:plant grow::smokeit::greenstars:

Attachments

• table 1.jpg
    table 1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 23
  • table 2.jpg
    table 2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 21
  • temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 19
  • timers.jpg
    timers.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 20
looks like you can control everything in your growroom, its a great job.
your husband build the room and you where taking
the pictures??:biglaugh:
I was wondering if it is easy to move your lamps during the plants growing.
And if you know how many cfm is your ventilator?

:jump:And some more picts....:jump:

Of course he built it and I took the picts.. LOL

IDK how many cfm the fan is, but it keeps the temps really regulated. The ac and venting run for about 3-6 minutes to control the temps, the most recent upgrade to the room was getting sealed hoods to get the venting all done as temps here are already in the mid 70's and will climb to over 100 F soon, so it was imperitive to get temps under control.

We also released about `1500 lady bugs this weekend to tame a minor mite problem. We have filters over the home made carbon box scrubber. We bought another can fan scrubber, but took that off when we added the venting, but plan on ro-hooking it up soon.

Later, I will make a different post of my veg space area, which is run on a 400w mh, 250w mh and 175w of xenon bulbs, and I have some other floros for my cloning area.

Attachments

• fans.jpg
    fans.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 15
  • resivoir.jpg
    resivoir.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 16
  • pabb.jpg
    pabb.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 23
  • table1 ds, sc, ak, wr.jpg
    table1 ds, sc, ak, wr.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
We also have all the light on chains, so they can be moved either up or down for our plants needs. Most of the plants that are currently in flowering weren't vegged very large, as we had recently harvested our really large plants.. like this one... Pineapple Big Bud grown from seed harvested at 10 weeks into flowering. The fan leaves have all been removed in this picture, and I am 5'8" so that can give you an idea on scale on this top cola, all excess leaves had been removed from this plant at the time of harvest. The pineapple big bud also had bud rot, the buds were so dense. Bud rot is an unusual occurrence where I am located at with an average rh of 12%. Sativa dominant buds in my neck of the woods tend to be relatively "fluffy", although the pineapple big bud was pretty dense and not all that leafy. The trichome coverage and taste however weren't spectacular, and while this was a monster yielder, this is no longer in the garden due to quality of smoke. Out of those seeds though, there was a plant that was 100% indica with a sweet pineapple taste, excellent trichome coverage. I am in the process of revegging her to get cuts. I have many of the seeds the plant in this picture came from that includes several of the special pineapple indica pheno. I plan of sending them in to help the server fund.

I did cross the pineapple big bud with black magic kush (a 90% indica), both stretched phenomenally in flowering, and so far the seedling looks really sativa. I'm looking forward to what that might end up being. My intention is to either increase the resin production and improve the taste of the pineapple big bud, or to increase the yield of the black magic kush, as I really liked the taste and the dark purple buds that the black magic kush had. Out of 10 BMK non-femmed seeds I did find 1 keeper. Some strains I grow I've had to grow out 100 seeds to find that 1 keeper pheno, sometimes I get lucky and find a keeper out of 10, sometimes I get super lucky and get something amazing from 1 seed. And sometimes I never find a keeper at all.

Attachments

• pabb 10 weeks.jpg
    pabb 10 weeks.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 22
And now.. garden picts

And now.. garden picts

And some more pictures...:wave:

These are picts of girls that I have grown in my room... i hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• purple star.jpg
    purple star.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 15
  • pretty pict.jpg
    pretty pict.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 20
  • multistrain.jpg
    multistrain.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
  • hot table2.jpg
    hot table2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 19
Harvest Picts

Harvest Picts

:smoke out::kos::canabis:And here are some harvest picts...

Attachments

• BubbleDust Day 58
    BubbleDust Day 58
    75.8 KB · Views: 31
  • GOB 9 2
    GOB 9 2
    68.4 KB · Views: 35
  • nycd 8.5 weeks supercropped.jpg
    nycd 8.5 weeks supercropped.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 21
  • pabb cola.jpg
    pabb cola.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 18
And a picture of all 3 lights currently running in flowering with the ducting done.. and some more bud shots.

We can never get enough bud shots right?:kissgrin:

Attachments

• all 3 lights.jpg
    all 3 lights.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 20
  • sv 6 weeks.jpg
    sv 6 weeks.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 17
  • purple star cola from seed.jpg
    purple star cola from seed.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 19
  • top of ww x sc 6 weeks.jpg
    top of ww x sc 6 weeks.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
looks like you guys you know what you doing
many people told that in colorado there are some of them most expierienced growers i u.s.
is it really one more open minded state?
us in europe i think we are minus one level

Colorado can be an openminded state, things are currently in flux with how the medical marijuana laws are written. There is a motion on the ballot this upcomming election to legalize growing up to 6 marijuana plants (3 veg 3 flowering) and possession.

Thanks for the compliments on the room! We are trying, but always upgrading... it's a never ending cycle, especially running multi strains perpetual, it's not so easy.

They want to legalize for non-medical? What about this bill they are working on that would cut out all the small guys like you from getting rid of excess to dispenseries? I hope that doesn't pass. I heard that the rich a-holes from cali that owned campasionate caregivers (dispenseries all over cali) that are now under federal investigation are lobying for this bill so they can monopolize the whole medical grow/sell market. They will take over the dispenseries that cannot afford to grow for themselves (i.e. huge overhead to provide for that demand)... I am in total disgust!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
So I take it you're closing up all the vents except the hood intakes/exhaust and running a bigger AC when you seal it up? You'll want your temps around 85* with CO2 to take advantage of the extra CO2, otherwise the stomata aren't open enough.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Very cool setup you have there. As much as I love cabinet growing, I sure would love to have a dedicated room for my medicine! Brave showing so much of yourself in that pic, too! Legal or no, shit is crazy out there.

Lazyman- Yep, the vents go outside, I gotta cool the lights, I have ladybugs in the room!
Thanks for the heads up on raising the temps to 85 with co2.

Sensible colorado is trying to pass a bill (it is on the ballot, so get out and vote Colorado) that would greatly help with all the new laws and initiatives that "they" are trying to pass that makes it impossible for small operations like me to continue.

I am mainly concentrating on breeding at the moment. I've fully developed 2 strains so far, and ai am working on about 10 others, in addition to what I already have in the garden.

My veg is in a totally different building. I keep my moms bonsai'd in 1 gal pots and flower in 3 gal pots, the 3 gal pots can handle a large plant up to 8' tall.

It took a lot of work on my husband and 2 of our best friend's parts with labor. After we bought our house, while working on it, we figured out quickly that the property was used before as a grow operation, but not as nice as we have it set up, so we did have a slight advantage.

The room was initially just wood walls with a few infared heaters and it was hooked up for electricity.

We had to put a new panel on the house to have everything re-wired for 220v, as we were consuming way too much energy before, after wiring to 220 our electricity bill dropped 75% and we had much more wattage and power going into the room than when we were spending a fortune on electricity.

It is important to me to be as organic as possible, after all I am a heavy medicator, and I'm very sensitive to chemicals and have a lot of medical conditions that prevent me from being able to take care of my garden totally and completely, plus when you're harvesting plants that can be 8' tall sometimes, or with colas bigger than my head, I can't exactly lift that kind of weight.

Which is why I have everything in flowering automated with a dripper system. My girls get fed 3 times a day for 15 minutes running the drippers, the plastic covering the tables have slits cut in it so the run off goes back into the plastic kiddie pool resivoirs, which only need maintaining once a week. The 6' kiddie pool hold 70 gallons of nutrients and the 4' pool holds about 30 gallons.

For record keeping, I put tape on the walls (masking or painters tape) and a sharpie, I keep track of what got flipped into flowering when.

When we add the co2 and the room is empty I will take picts again, and them when I fill it again with all the huge plants that are percolating away in veg (5' tall dj short's blueberry) 6' tall new york city sour deisel... all of my plants in veg are at least 4' tall with exception of the golden goat which was a recent addition to my garden.

Last edited:
G

grow nerd

Damn. Too bad you're married. :badday:

Edit: Shoot me a PM if it doesn't work out. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts