What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HONEY WHITE

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Folks keep asking me about this one, so I thought I'd start documenting this round.
Honey White is the new name for the cross I made last year of Legend's 'Highend' and krome's cut, 'the White' (aka triangle).
I was calling it High & Tri but thought it too cutesy...then was playing Morphine's 'Honey White', and that took hold.:D

The round I'm doing now is the 1st backcross to the White. I pared things down to 13 plants and they've been vegging for a good long while. They were very slow to show sex. The 1st two girls to show were put in the flower room 4 wks ago, and as they show, have been added, so now I have 9 girls crammed into the flower room. :redface:
That leaves us with only 4 males, which will be put into the other flower room within the next few days.
As seedlings, I numbered the plants 1-13, according to size and vigor.
#1 & 2 turned out to be these males:

The last rd. produced some stretchy phenos that didn't look too promising, but the smoke was fierce! :rasta: This round I'll be keeping an eye on them!
Here are two of the stretchy phenos this rd.

The one on the left is #13, the runt of the litter til a month ago.

I'll close this off for now w/ a shot of the two that have been flowering 4 ws.

Plant #3, two exposures:

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well,a close friend of mine has 4 going right now..
...labeled "HI & TRI"!! :D
I´m going to start the remaining seeds soon :woohoo:

Trilighter,
Lookin good,myfriend..look healthy,uniform and verry promising
Great work dude!! :yes: and muchas gracias for the beans :wink:
Pulls up a chair :joint:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Highlighter again.

Krome´s genetics have some CRAZY breeding potential! Seems like you know it too mang :wink:

Anyways... Just wanted to see how these turned.. Have seen some Tri & Hi befo´but an entire show :yoinks:

H

Hazeseeker

This sounds like a really good cross man, Neville's Haze and Blueberry given the Hashplant touch by the White:canabis:, sweet!:joint:

peace

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank for the responses, friends! :D

Raco, good to hear a few germed! Good luck with the rest. You're the only one who has these bx beans. Germ rates were so poor, I wouldn't send 'em out.
(I had an A/C "incident" last summer, and the seed mom's got fried for a brief time, which I'm sure resulted in the poor germ rates. Messed the project all up. :bashhead: )

Hazeseeker, you're referring to Legend's 'Johnny Blaze' strain.
Highend is the same blueberry stud crossed w/ the Rene cut. :wink:

The idea was to "sweeten" up the White's flavor, but it dominated the 1st cross, and I imagine it will be even more so w/ the bx.
Highend was used because I had pollen available @ the right time! :redface:

Here's a shot of the 3 Highend males hitting up 2 Highend gals. Pollen was collected and used by all three males after they had thier way w/ the Highend lasses.
312Highender_boys_girls.jpg

kathmandu

thats a stout HighEnd female on the right in the above picture.
really nice job on this project highlighter.....any budshots on the way?

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey kathmandu, nice to see you drop in.

Here's some bud shots of that Highend girl. :D
HighEnd, day 50
312HE3_day50.jpg

312HE_3_50d_macro.jpg

and here's a few shots of my Tri:
the White, day 39
312Trikrome_39d.jpg

312Trikrome_close-up_d39.jpg

the White, day 54
312Tri_54_days.jpg

312Trikrome_54_days.jpg

Get a few Honey White shots up tomorrow. Thx for following along! :wave:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the two Honey White's that are @ day 36. Not as frosty as the White @ day 39, above, but I'm not complaining yet. :joint:
I took shots of all the girls, but will wait a while, so I can post each plant, tracking it's weekly development. :smoke:

For now:

Honey White #3, day 36

Honey White #9, day 36

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for an update.
The 4 male Honey White's have been in flower 18 days and have been opening up and spewing the last few days.
I was unable to flower them out as early as I wanted to, so the girls are all mostly beyond my seed-making cut-off dates.
The last three to go into flower are 24 days in, and out of the three, I picked HW #13 to have a tryst w/ the males. :D
She was placed in w/ the 4 yesterday, at which time I took down HW #6 & 11 in her presence, branch by branch, so this plant will offer a bit more diversity in offspring, but clearly HW #1 & 2 are the alpha males here.
This round is more about making selections, and a more serious breeding run will be made w/ selected cuts town the road. :wink:
For now, here's a shot of HW #13 (the one-time runt) getting it from all sides by HW #1 & 2.

In the girl's room, things are going well as I observe how the various plants' mature. Now that the Apollo's are all out of there, I'm able to keep a better eye on things, whereas before they'd been a bit neglected. :redface:
A few shots of HW #3 @ day 49.

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing the Highend has done well is shorten the branching aspect of the White. The White's branches needed support, ie; 4-6 stakes to keep 'em from really flopping.
As can be seen in the #3 pheno above, the lower branches are sagging & twisting down w/ the wgt of the buds, but the White's branches are longer, needing that support, while this one I can just get away from adding support.
I would say that the #3 pheno is one of the closest in structure to the White.

On the flipside is HW #10, my "pole stretcher", seen in the 2nd pic of the thread (rgt).
HW #10 @ 37 days

Next week I'll do a plant by plant comparison. Thank for checking them out!

Last edited:
G

Gratephul4THC

HL, thanks for all the information. I am always curious about the orgins of all strains this is a great background.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for a little update. After a week knocking up HW #13, HW #1 & #2 were taken down yesterday. Additional pollen was collected as back-up, but I have cuts of all the males for further use.
Although final selections won't be made til a little smoking R&R is conducted, there are some plants really emerging as frontrunners.
The HW #3 & #9 are @ 57 days today, both very similar in structure to the White, but the #3 was in a 3Gal pot, while the #9 was grown in a 2 Gal pot, yet the #9 seems beefier. #9 is borderline for the next rd.
I'm also really liking the #10 'pole stretcher' for future considerations.

One plant that really has been coming on the last few weeks is the #7.
This one seems very close to the White cut and appears to be the leading contender for best yield. :D
Here's how she's come along in the last month.
HW #7 @ 17 days

HW #7 @ 23 days

HW #7 @ 30 days

HW #7 @ 38 days

Last edited:

hanfiking

hey HEY hey, so Mr Highlighter how would you describe the sweet lingering scent of those juicy buds then?

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things have gone south since my last post. Nanners were showing up, the ones sprouting from the btm of the bud stalks were opening and viable, so all the Honey White's have been pulled, cept the #13, which was knocked up heavy. Don't see her throwing anything out but seeds...
The 2 oldest plants made it to 70 day ripeness and showed no signs.
I see this as a recessive trait from the Highend.
My Highend's produced late-flowering nanners that never opened.
The 1st cross produced none.
So this rd. I see more pronounced Highend attributes, the coloration in the leaves, bud structure, and lack of "White" sheen. and nanners. :wallbash:

I've kept 2 male cuts and will continue to bx this to the White, and hopefully by the time she's cubed, she'll be pretty much all White.

offenders

This one had an entirely different bud structure, the most divergent of the plants.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
damn, Highlighter...that's a shame...:wallbash:

they are still beautiful plants, by the way...

High Jinks

still, I think Mark Sandman would have been happy to see someone name some good looking smoke after one of his songs.

H

herbal essences

Cool thread, awesome photos, sorry bout the nanners, any updates?

Latest posts

Latest posts