What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diabetes

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
New here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352830

I've started this thread to gain a greater knowledge on its treatment using cannabis. I use several strain (low THC, high CBD) To date I am happy but, would like differing opinions in quest of "fine tuning" my medication.

I have a hockey sock full of strains to look into and try, but what is the consensus of diabetics here. What is workig for you, what hasn't etc..

Take care...

xet

Hi friend I wish you well in your quest for health.

CBD oil is a holy Grail product.

This link has instructions on how to use juicing to cleanse the body. I would use canna leafs in the juice blends.

I know this works from personal experience after having my dad rid his body of diabetes from only 10 days of strictly performing this cleanse.

Consult a physician when doing something so drastic.

https://www.infowars.com/store/print.php?id=SP-IWL-LIVOXY-1

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I am past the point where I keep falling forward because my feet cannot feel the ankles bending. My left hand has lost feeling halfway down the fingers.
For the last seven years I have been 5'10" at 150#, down from 235# when the diabetes started.
Diabetes is a disease, mild cases have mild effects. My diabetes is destroying my nerves (including eyes) even though my blood sugar and weight are borderline on too low.

The heavily sedative Indica's had me feeling similar to high blood sugar, although sticking my finger said no change.
The appetite killing panic inducing Sativa's had almost a direct opposite effect, again without affecting the reading of blood samples in the home test kit.

Overall the Indica and hybrids with the more sedative effects caused more calories to be consumed.
If on a strict diet that is not broken even when stoned then the choice of which high gives the best treatment comes down to which high is most comfortable with the reality of diabetes.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I have to relate a rather profound experience with diabetes. Though cannabis definitely helps with blood sugar regulation, the most dramatic and quickest change I've seen is through food choices. Please read the following and you'll see.

My wife and I helped out a 28yr old kid and his girlfriend for a month in 2012 or 2013. The kid had been diagnosed as diabetic at age 18 and stated his 'normal' blood sugar levels were in the 300 - 400 range, and had been that way for the last 10 years. 6-7 shots a day, with a rather large night shot, was a normal day for him.

We didn't know his blood type and we were pretty broke, so we were mainly eating beans and rice. My wife and I have been researching and applying food choices by blood type since 2008. Once we found out he was the "B" blood type he was eating massive amounts of honey, white rice and kidney beans, spinach, green beans and carrots.

Within a week he was waking up with 98's and 120's, as well as being down to 3 shots a day and a lower night shot. This continued for the next 3 weeks until they moved on. The last I heard, he was back to having near coma incidences and his blood sugar out of control again within a few days of returning to his regular diet.

Hope that helps. I'm also very interested in the information posted regarding cannabis and diabetes. Thanks to everyone who participates. :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am past the point where I keep falling forward because my feet cannot feel the ankles bending. My left hand has lost feeling halfway down the fingers.
For the last seven years I have been 5'10" at 150#, down from 235# when the diabetes started.
Diabetes is a disease, mild cases have mild effects. My diabetes is destroying my nerves (including eyes) even though my blood sugar and weight are borderline on too low.

The heavily sedative Indica's had me feeling similar to high blood sugar, although sticking my finger said no change.
The appetite killing panic inducing Sativa's had almost a direct opposite effect, again without affecting the reading of blood samples in the home test kit.

Overall the Indica and hybrids with the more sedative effects caused more calories to be consumed.
If on a strict diet that is not broken even when stoned then the choice of which high gives the best treatment comes down to which high is most comfortable with the reality of diabetes.
I hear you good buddy. Wrt calories, each strain affects people differently but, do behave a certain way. I stated I can no longer smoke so I ingest the raw herb (size 0 cap).

I take a 20mg shot of CDB with my morning coffee and canna pills 1hr before lunch & supper = appetite suppressant (for me anyway). During the evening I embrace some Gdp or N (vaped)l.

xet

Phaeton I am not able to provide you proof for what I am about to tell you.

The type of cleanse I describe is not only a cleanse it is a complete food diet capable of regenerating brand new organs and nerves in your body. I mean this will grow you a new body.

It is easy to dismiss this and for some people to step in and become angry and say how wrong I am but then again I am very healthy and always have been and have healed many people with this so I speak from experience and from my heart.

Best of luck.