What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TMV or deficiency

browntrout

Veteran
What do ya'll think? These pictures were taken on day 34 of flower. Roughly 1/4 of my plants have similar leaf blotchieness.

picture.php

picture.php

Looks more like a minor Ph issue more than a deficiency. TMV, naa that is a questionable subject in regards to this being transmitted to cannabis as it is with tobacco and other plants. Been growing out tobacco and herb together for years and never have I seen Tobacco Mosaic Virus effect anything other than tobacco.

T

Teddybrae

Outdoor grower here. Don't know yr variety. might simply be Senescence ...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Considering the touchiness of the subject...

You, more than likely, won't have an answer that you can trust without performing a TMV test.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
What do ya'll think? These pictures were taken on day 34 of flower. Roughly 1/4 of my plants have similar leaf blotchieness.

View Image

View Image
It looks like potassium deficiency during flowering. K is for bigger branches and stems, and when the plants stack (grow little branches on the buds) they need more K. And they like more space for roots too.

Plus, K is generallly associated with strong and healthy plants. So even if it is a virus, it still may help.

Also, I don't know how the airflow is, it is hard to tell from those pictures.

browntrout

Veteran
It looks like potassium deficiency during flowering. K is for bigger branches and stems, and when the plants stack (grow little branches on the buds) they need more K. And they like more space for roots too.

Plus, K is generallly associated with strong and healthy plants. So even if it is a virus, it still may help.

Also, I don't know how the airflow is, it is hard to tell from those pictures.

Top picture does look like a K issue I agree. However the bottoms does not. Veg plants in nearby room have it (bottom picture blotchiness) to a lesser extent as well.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
never heard of tmv had to look it up. sometimes on outdoor i would get this purpling on leaf that would slow spread and stunt that part of the branch never knew what was

browntrout

Veteran
never heard of tmv had to look it up. sometimes on outdoor i would get this purpling on leaf that would slow spread and stunt that part of the branch never knew what was

I've had this as well, It's debated weather it's phos or virus related. I believe in the later. Some of my re-vegged plants actually had it.