What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creeper's out of the closet

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Using Gen hydro nutes, 1ml micro, 1ml grow, 1ml bloom mixed with (1gal) (4L) Rain with 2 ml cal mag. starting (EC 0.6 or 286 ppm, pH 5.4) that’s all. At flip I will raise only one ml.
Starting low ppm, using bottom water feed. I will add (500ml or (1/2cup) of nutrients to the bottom tray. Then 500ml of rain water with calmag on top and let it set for about 30 mins. Finishing up with 500ml rain water with calmag only. Finished. NO RUNOFF!!!
Total amount=1 1/2L, that’s one half the water holding capacity! NO NEED For saturation.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Bottom introduction of 500ml nutrients will allow the pH to drop very slowly in the root zone from 6.6pH to 5.8pH. Next feeding I will bottom and top feed with nutrients. Testing discharge or runoff for now = EC 1.6 or ppm, 869 with pH 5.8 In all the containers.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Stabilizing regular females

Stabilizing regular females

I know this is up for debate and I’m not going to argue with anyone about this. However, I have used this method for some time with excellent results. Grow problems such as power outages, or basic light leaks, swings in temp & humidity, & over-fertilizing, or even genetic disorders, indoor plants can be vulnerable to hermaphroditism. I’ve learned how to make them more stabilized during a grow. Works outside too! I’m talking regular seeds only! NOT Feminized!
When I first see the first two pistils on a young regular female plant in early veg, like today, I dust her with MALE pollen, using a tiny paint brush. Just two pistils each, on all six plants. That’s it! Finished! Stabilized. In the end I will have 12 seeds total for the future. If I find more than 12 seeds then a hermie is there. The plants that I pre pollenate always remain more stable than the ones I didn’t. photo of an ole donor male dead. Note all pollen must be from a reg male!

IMG_3523.jpg IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Flipping for flowers

Flipping for flowers

Looking back. Since 2/9 until now 3/14, Only 3 size transplants, (cup, 1gal, 5gal), and I’ve only given the plants rain water with cal-mag., and one tiny feeding from the bottom. Soooo easy!

Flipping to 12hrs change’s things! When the lights go off today I will change the timer to 12 and 12. Since its getting warmer outdoors, I will run the 12 on, at nighttime.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
LEAVES

LEAVES

I’m going to up my nutrients to 2ml micro, 2mlgrow, 2ml bloom per (gal or 2L). I want to keep using nitrogen for a while to produce extra LEAVES. Why? Because the leaves are storage units for mobile nutrients as well solar panels to collect food. Plants make food in their LEAVES! Plants absorb nutrients and water through their roots, but photosynthesis — the process by which plants create their fuel — occurs in the LEAVES!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
max feeding with low dose

max feeding with low dose

First full feed.
2ml micro, 2ml grow, 2ml bloom, in rain water with 2ml cal-mag. Since I only watered with 1&1/2L on the last watering, I can feed water now.

IMG_2269.jpg IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg IMG_2272.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
pH miscalculation

pH miscalculation

The pH has risen to 6.4 with the use of nitrate nitrogen and cal-mag. So, I had to use acid after all with this last feed. I used 15 drops pH down to 3gal or 12L of feed.

As I reduce the nitrate nitrogen in flowering the pH should drop naturally with just rain water. Sorry for the miscalculation! Plants are doing super!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So far so good mr brunch, I was getting a few crispy spots on the lower leaves. That's to be expected with low dose feeding. What makes this kind of cool, is the flowering stretch starts the same time as the synthetic nutrients. There should be an explosion of growth in the next few weeks.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
3rd feeding no cal-mag

3rd feeding no cal-mag

Back to the basics. No acid with this feeding. After mixing up 2ml of Micro, Grow, Bloom per (gal)=(4L) of rain without cal-mag. My pH was 5.9, no need for pH down. I made a mistake on the last feeding by adding cal-mag. and that's why I had to use acid. This feeding runoff is 897 ppm or 1.8 EC, with pH 5.9 in the container.

IMG_2297.jpg IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg IMG_2299.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
explosive growth

explosive growth

When I take an organic grown root, put into a peat mix, right at the start of flowering time, and start feeding low dose nutrients from the bottom, they seem to respond very well. I've seen as much as 3in or 76mm in a single day! Not sure exactly why, but a few things comes to mind.

Hybrid vigor,
Flowering stretch timing,
Change to Synesthetic low dose feed.
Giving the plant a choice of nutrient intake, instead of force feeding.

My grow area is 5x6 ft or 1.6x1.8 m. Six plants usually fills the whole room in just a couple of weeks using this method.

Ruby_Abu

Thanks for sharing. How do you think about the chinese leds?
The newest tech is white color leds, Maybe you should try it next time.
I still didn't know how to upload my icon...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your welcome, Ruby. For the money you can't beat them, Cheap Cheap! I added a 400 watt HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM to enhance the color spectrum into more of a white or yellow hue. Works like crazy!! Plus, I just added a brand spanking new HID bulb with this last run.

Last grow because of health problems and ole age.

Spaventa

Veteran
They do indeed. Me? Mine look shit! Damn Mills nutrients are all useless salts and no mg. back to Canna.

R

Rab.C

They do indeed. Me? Mine look shit! Damn Mills nutrients are all useless salts and no mg. back to Canna.

i am luving mills nutrients and will be using them again for sure
and this is my first run so the mills do pay the bills

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Rab.C, Mills nutrients are Kick ass! Are you using Coco with Cork, or just Coco, if you don't mind me asking.?

Latest posts

Latest posts