What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Palram greenhouses

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well i picked polycarbonate because it seemed like a good decision- i had the option to import it from Russia so it would be cheaper then prefabricated poly greenhouses here!

Bending my own steel tubes is certainly cheaper- just got a price. Too bad your thread is missing a lot of pictures :( i have to see if i manage to find a step by step guide about how to fit the double polly, mount the blowers and also how to make the entire sidewalls go up! I'm a bit lost!

Thanks for the reply, means a lot!

EDIT:
P.S. would it be possible to mount the light dep tarp under the poly so it wouldn't be visible to neighbours? Gotta keep it stealth!

You can build a hoop inside the hoop, if that makes sense.

Bleiweis

Veteran
It does! I was thinking about that-yes! Thanks!

Is it possible to have roll up sidewalls with double inflated poly? Not really huh? Sorry for the beginner questions and thanks for the patience!

h.h.

Veteran
Hardware cloth will keep out rodents, provide some security, and will diffuse the light cooling it off. It also helps break the wind.

It distorts the image a tiny bit and is easier to deal with and looks nicer than chain link.
It will help protect from hail.
Window screen over the hardware cloth will cool it off a little bit more, and hide a little more, while still allowing in light.
Not as drastic as sun screen.
On the hottest days, spray it with water. Cool things down even more.
Hotcaps, buckets...